What are you playing right now?

Blarghagh

Started my FFXV pre-load at midnight. 4 hours left. And in the morning, guess what ... another 2.5-3 hours since the 4k texture pack is a separate download/added on. :disguise:  At least the console will likely only be 6-10GB and I can play that while I'm waiting.

Tried playing the demo in 4k resolution again. 30-40fps and that's not a nice smooth 35fps. Nope, can't play like that. Some might tolerate it, I can't. Sure looks pretty in 4k on the bigger TV tho.

Is it morning yet?

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I bought the deluxe edition of FFXV for the PS4 since it had a separate disc that contained the Kings Glaive movie. Haven't played it yet and LadyCrimson sure is tempting me to buy the Royal Edition for the PS4 and place it next to the deluxe edition.

Also, I have about 84 PS4 games and something around 70 PS3 games(not counting my digital purchases). Should I stop now?!   :facepalm: 

Not buying anymore games this month tho, my cats need food...Katphood!

Edited by Katphood

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Finding Deserts of Kharak a chore, but pressing on through that.  At least I got past the mission that made me quit the last time.  I always hate these missions to defend multiple points as I overturtle :p

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

SInce I got a money off coupon dropped on me and I needed a break, I did splurge on the FF XV for Windows... that wait for it all to unlock.

Heh, I haven't played an FF game since.. hm, probably about 18 years and FF7...

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I bought Nioh on sale last night. When will I play it, who knows?!

Latest game of Stellaris is on hold because Chaos;Child is picking up. I got through two pretty serious twists in just two days, both of which I saw coming, but were paired with things I did not see coming.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I bought the deluxe edition of FFXV for the PS4 since it had a separate disc that contained the Kings Glaive movie. Haven't played it yet and LadyCrimson sure is tempting me to buy the Royal Edition for the PS4 and place it next to the deluxe edition.

Also, I have about 84 PS4 games and something around 70 PS3 games(not counting my digital purchases). Should I stop now?! :facepalm:

Not buying anymore games this month tho, my cats need food...Katphood!

I am in same situation. Deluxe Edition, bit never played... From what I have seen, I will not play it anytime soon, because I do not like anything about that game. I am complete opposite to LadyCrimson on FFXV. I am so much disapoionted about the game, that it was my last Square Enix game purchased. I hate this Live Service bandwagon bull****, which is Square part off now. I will probably sell my game and wait until Final Fantasy Ultimate Royal Edition Omega Plus hits the bargain bin sometime in 2020...

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

I'm being somewhat impressed in odd sense.

FF XV has been unpacking for over two and a half hours, and apparently still has approximately 50 minutes to go....

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Just finished the Life is Strange: Before the Storm bonus episode. It was ok. Pretty much what I expected. Really can't stand the voice of Max anymore, tho. The voice actor went way, way over board with the slow, sad edgyness, imo. Even in situations where it just wasn't appropriate to be *that* emotionally broken.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Woke up, at 9am FF-XV unpacked and installed in about 1.5 hours for me. But then I had to grab the 4K texture pack and it's another 63GB so here I am, still waiting for that to download. 1.5 hours to go.

But fishing on the new boat (console) is pretty cool. I mean y'know, it's just more fishing - but ... I'm on a boat! But sadly no smexy man on a horse. :shifty:

The new Comrades additions are also decent, but leveling up the chocobo's is annoying. I probably won't do too much with that. About to check out the new Insomnia I guess. I feel oddly unmotivated to do that on console...maybe I'll just eat and nap instead.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Oh and ...

Heard something about 'limited timed events and hunts' which is pretty stupid for a single-player game but everything else looks ok.

The game is becoming more and more like a RPG with MMO elements as time goes on. It's still single-player but you can feel the "games as service" footprint more heavily now then when I first started playing. At this point I don't care since I mostly play it to goof off and see it more as an action-rpg anyway, so it's fine but it did annoy me greatly initially, back when.

• Like 1

Playing through Assassin's Creed Origins and I'm finding I don't even really know what I'm supposed to do.  I mean, I know that I'm trying to kill these masked guys for (spoiler redacted), but it's so vague.

Maybe the story gets more refined as I go on, but early on it feels almost like a Bethesda main quest where it's secondary to just being able to travel around and do stuff.  Previous AC games seemed to have a more detailed story with various side quests, whereas this one has various side quests with a filler main story to move you around the map.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

HAHA 30 minutes left and Steam servers go offline/no connection. HAHA. :banghead:

Edit: Phew. Back up and it resumed properly. I forgot it was Tues. Steam maintenance I suppose.

Edited by LadyCrimson

Playing through Assassin's Creed Origins and I'm finding I don't even really know what I'm supposed to do.  I mean, I know that I'm trying to kill these masked guys for (spoiler redacted), but it's so vague.

Maybe the story gets more refined as I go on, but early on it feels almost like a Bethesda main quest where it's secondary to just being able to travel around and do stuff.  Previous AC games seemed to have a more detailed story with various side quests, whereas this one has various side quests with a filler main story to move you around the map.

You get some decent story once you start doing the main quests but those can be pretty annoying if you haven't leveled up your character. 

The combat system in AC: Origins is a complete failure.

The Spiritualists did not awaken. They have been crushed and left with two pitiful planets I don't even want.

The Xenophobes did awaken, however. They are on the far side of the galaxy. Then the Xenophiles awoke and they are one of two F/AE's fully ensconced in my borders. Oh boy. The other are the Machines.

So when the War In Heaven came, I bent the knee. And honestly, I'd rather it be me against 4/5ths the galaxy of regular empires than me against the AE with 4/5th the galaxy supporting me. I am so crushing them. I have 3 fleets expanding in 3 different directions, destroying everything in their path.

And I finally have the first claim against me of the game. It's 2430+ and someone finally hates me enough to claim a system I own. That I just stole from them, so I guess I should forgive it. Forgiveness comes in the form of me beelining for their homeworld to crack it into little pieces. It's time I stopped playing nice.

• Like 1
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Finished Fallout 4: Far Harbor DLC. Overall a very positive experience and the best thing Bethesda has created since Fallout 3: The Pitt.

Edited by Katphood
  • Like 1

Maybe it's just my perception, but the graphics in Assassin's Creed Origins don't look any better than previous installments.  In some cases, the character models look less refined.

Weird. Because I think it's easily the best looking Assassin's Creed game so far. It's actually so pretty that I've enjoyed the built-in camera feature, and that's definitely a first for me.

• Like 1

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I thought AC: Origins was amazing looking. The setting helped, of course. But yeah, the story (or motivation, rather) was problematic. That seems to be typical for AC games though.

Edited by Hurlshot
  • Like 1

Still Stellaris with some Half-Life to mix things up a little.

I stopped my machine empire game for the time being until the domination issue is ironed out. Taking the last few enemy planets will just annoy everyone else, what with the whole xenophage issue and all (oh which is also happily bugged, or at least was while I still played the machine empire game).

Edited by majestic

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

Maybe it's just my perception, but the graphics in Assassin's Creed Origins don't look any better than previous installments.  In some cases, the character models look less refined.

Weird. Because I think it's easily the best looking Assassin's Creed game so far. It's actually so pretty that I've enjoyed the built-in camera feature, and that's definitely a first for me.

Maybe it's the system?  I'm playing on the PS4.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Refreshing Baldur’s Gates before Deadfire comes out. Finished BG1 earlier this week and installed, created character and explored a bit of starting dungeon of BG2 today. I bought EEs a while ago, and just now gave them a go. I like a lot of technical improvements - ingame UI scaling, zoom and easier looting made for a much more enjoyable experience. BG1 looked a bit weird on the updated engine. From what I seen BG2 presents itself much better. What really put me off EE are additions - new cinematic are horrible, luckily they kept originals for the sequel. New three companions stick out with writing and design. I planned to give them ago, but forced interactions turned me off. Luckily, today I discovered that EE releases come with a copy of original version (at least on GoG), which made me quite happy.

Did anyone try Siege of Dragonspear? Does it provide any worth what so ever?

Oh goodie! I bought Drakengard 3, A Vagrant Story PSone Classic and Kayne & Lynch: Dead Men for a mere 12 bucks. 

I'm gonna play the crap out of Drakengard 3 until next month when I'll be buying myself a PS2 so I can play Drakengard 1 & 2 among many other things.

Edited by Katphood