Trump vs Talking Heads

Valsuelm

Funny Thread

or

Music Thread

(edit): or

Politics Thread :p

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Funny Thread

or

Music Thread

(edit): or

Politics Thread :p

Aye....

I've been stupid busy however and haven't had time to read all of these save for the Music thread (which I just caught up on today), and I like to keep politics out of there for the most part.

I thought this was so good it deserved it's own thread.

• Like 1

Nobody likes Trump here and if you're neutral about Trump then you're automatically labeled by bigots as a Trump supporter. If you're for Trump, it could cause a war and expect personal attacks just because you're not "with them". Just a warning as people can be awfully closed-minded. Take anything politics on this forum with a grain of salt.

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

Nobody likes Trump here and if you're neutral about Trump then you're automatically labeled by bigots as a Trump supporter. If you're for Trump, it could cause a war and expect personal attacks just because you're not "with them". Just a warning as people can be awfully closed-minded. Take anything politics on this forum with a grain of salt.

LOL

I'm no stranger to this forum, nor the political threads on it.

Warning amusingly appreciated though.

You're only mostly right though... there are a few astute folks on here... A few....

Truely though, I think this video can be appreciated by all. Lovers, haters, indifferents, et al.

Edited by Valsuelm
  • Like 3

• Like 7

"Lulz is not the highest aspiration of art and mankind, no matter what the Encyclopedia Dramatica says."

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Now, gents, isn't there a politics thread where all the mud slinging can take place? This is supposed to be a silly thread for videos that can lead to disparate views into one unified vision of Nero fiddling while Rome burns. Did Nero fiddle? No one knows. Is Trump fiddling? We may never know. There's room for all in this particular pub. As long as both sides can feel vindicated (or confused) by the evidence.

• Like 1

χαίρετε

I most likely won't return to the horrid politics thread. People are still in denial that Trump is actually the president of the United States.

I most likely won't return to the horrid politics thread. People are still in denial that Trump is actually the president of the United States.

Let me be serious for a moment. I'll be your Dutch uncle with unsolicited advice that you can take or leave. I read the political thread quite a bit. I've been lurking around here for a long time and I read a lot of what people write. Sometimes I get irritated by what people post in the political thread. Sometimes I agree. Sometimes, I get food for thought. For example, Pidesco had a great post about gun culture in the United States recently. I don't agree with his conclusions, but I don't entirely dismiss them either. Thing is, I'm a spectator, and so I don't have a right to complain.

You seem invested. You want to fight it out, but you've gotten knocked around and the prevailing views in the politics thread are certainly not akin to yours. So, give yourself time. Pick your battles. Hone your technique. Think about strategies to address some of the tactics used against you. ...And, after all that, realize that you're going to be knocked around a bit. You can't win if you don't play. That isn't an exhortation to play, SM117. I'm a huge coward and so I rarely play myself. I guess, worse than being a coward, I'm jaded, tired, and without much time. So I generally don't play.

...But this is about you, not me. Whatever I am, it's too late and my failings too deep to rectify. You, however, need to be more of the happy warrior. There are no permanent enemies. You could disagree with someone most strenuously today and still find solidarity with them the next. You could fight bitterly against someone this morning and celebrate the release of a new game this evening. One thing about most of these communities is that people generally don't harbor lasting genuine ill-will. At least from what I've seen reading over time.

If you want to stay out of the fray for a while, do it. Get perspective and some inner peace. Then, stay away if that's what you want, but don't stay away for the wrong reasons. You never know who's reading and what impact your idea might have. Hell, you might never get credit for those ideas, but all the earth is a battle of ideas and if you're unwilling to stand up for your own, then you are a slave to someone else's.

Anyhow, time to relinquish my inner Dutch uncle. I like it around here and my Dutch uncle tends to bring out the coward in me and I start running for the door.

• Like 2

χαίρετε

Don't worry, I don't hold any bitterness or resentment. In fact, I don't have a problem with anyone on these forums. A few people have blocked me but I have never been offended or anything like that so I guess I'm not much invested. I just don't really care to see what the same 10 angry Trump-haters post.

Seeing how I am much newer of a member to the forums, they could at least have respected others' posts who disagree with them but I have to be logical and ask myself: "If others aren't willing to take my comments seriously, then why should I take any of theirs seriously?" I only give the same respect that I am given.

That said, I just decided to leave that thread altogether. They didn't exactly "win" or even win me over to their side, the funny thing is that I was never for Trump but when I questioned why nearly every comment (at the time) was mindlessly bashing Trump, I did get backlash. After studying exactly how the thread works, I learned that it's the same 10 people (give or take) who are continuously passing judgement to the nuetral and the other side. I made the mistake of not listening to the admins about conversing with certain people, that's on me. Needless to say, I'm not the one with the problem here, I just prefer not to waste anymore of my time.

• Like 1

There probably are more than ten people who think Trump's an idiot, which might qualify as being a hater.

Did Nero fiddle? No one knows.

Tacitus >> that gossipy, but entertaining, hack Suetonius. So it's pretty unlikely that Nero was even in Rome let alone fiddling during the Great Fire.

• Like 1

Perhaps some peeps have left since then, haven't been on the political thread in months.

I get the impression that being critical = hating in Sonic's eyes. In reality, being critical of politicians is a great American past time. This isn't Russia. :p

This is true and I also agree with some of what Epaminondas wrote

I don't want to pile on because SonicMage seems like a good dude but he did seem to be much more invested than he was willing to admit. I remember him saying we shouldn't criticize the president which now reminds me about something I think I posted a while back about how the US had dropped from 1st place to 6th in the eyes of the world under Trump's administration but Americans themselves viewed the country better than they did under the Obama administration. I don't know why but something about that amuses me.

Free games updated 3/4/21

Dude, I got in to a discussion with some people on this forum because I said that women are not physically capable as man. They tried to convince me that it's only because of social norms/upbringing that women are weaker.

So no take anything anywhere on this forum with a grain of salt, but don't let that stop you from defending your point.

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

Let me be serious for a moment. I'll be your Dutch uncle with unsolicited advice that you can take or leave. I read the political thread quite a bit. I've been lurking around here for a long time and I read a lot of what people write. Sometimes I get irritated by what people post in the political thread. Sometimes I agree. Sometimes, I get food for thought. For example, Pidesco had a great post about gun culture in the United States recently. I don't agree with his conclusions, but I don't entirely dismiss them either. Thing is, I'm a spectator, and so I don't have a right to complain.

You seem invested. You want to fight it out, but you've gotten knocked around and the prevailing views in the politics thread are certainly not akin to yours. So, give yourself time. Pick your battles. Hone your technique. Think about strategies to address some of the tactics used against you. ...And, after all that, realize that you're going to be knocked around a bit. You can't win if you don't play. That isn't an exhortation to play, SM117. I'm a huge coward and so I rarely play myself. I guess, worse than being a coward, I'm jaded, tired, and without much time. So I generally don't play.

...But this is about you, not me. Whatever I am, it's too late and my failings too deep to rectify. You, however, need to be more of the happy warrior.There are no permanent enemies. You could disagree with someone most strenuously today and still find solidarity with them the next. You could fight bitterly against someone this morning and celebrate the release of a new game this evening. One thing about most of these communities is that people generally don't harbor lasting genuine ill-will. At least from what I've seen reading over time.

If you want to stay out of the fray for a while, do it. Get perspective and some inner peace. Then, stay away if that's what you want, but don't stay away for the wrong reasons. You never know who's reading and what impact your idea might have. Hell, you might never get credit for those ideas, but all the earth is a battle of ideas and if you're unwilling to stand up for your own, then you are a slave to someone else's.

Anyhow, time to relinquish my inner Dutch uncle. I like it around here and my Dutch uncle tends to bring out the coward in me and I start running for the door.

I still treasure that day when me and Sharp agreed. :)

Everybody knows the deal is rotten

Old Black Joe's still pickin' cotton

For your ribbons and bows

And everybody knows