Please buff the Engwithan Titan

Climhazzard

Well, basically...  this guy is an epic push over.  He's epic in his arrival animation and the fact there is a watcher scene warning you of a powerful enemy ahead...

And then he dies without having done anything.  For a mini boss this guy is about the biggest push over in existence.  Please make him stronger.  Give him some affliction resistances, more health, better abilities, etc.

Stuff like a Pbaoe that causes prone.  His grab should throw you across the screen.  His kick should hit multiple characters.  Give him a laserbeam from his eyes or something....

Anyways, tonight instead of commenting more on game mechanics or whatever, I decided to make sure this guy gets the love he deserves....

• Like 6

True. Surrounding the Titan with a good party makes it go down very quickly. Not very epic at all.

Its dying animation is still pretty unimpressive compared to how it was described in the backer update that first introduced the Titan.

• Like 1

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Yeah, I was surprised how easy he was. The group of xaurips with their paladins ave clerics were way harder. I wasn't close to having anyone getting knocked out.

Bwahaha, on my second playthrough I sneak killed both champions away from their camp and than blew up all the othe xaurips by sneak casting bouncy fire ball thingy into barrels. 

Seriously, powder barrles are way more effective than a fireball.

As I said: two-shotted him with an Assassin/Soulblade. :) That says it all.

Now now, that is the exception not the rule ;)

A Soul Assassin (hey, I like this name !) character actually requires some planning, and, for a rogue, it comes with a huge trade-off : you're going to invest heavily into stealth to land those assassinates, instead of mechanics.

This means if you want a trapper, and by the looks of things with traps inflicting injuries we'll all want a trapper, you need to have another character dedicated to mechanics.

I very much like the assassin/soulblade synergy, and yet it's quite the investment, party-composition wise.

A Soul Assassin (hey, I like this name !) character actually requires some planning, and, for a rogue, it comes with a huge trade-off : you're going to invest heavily into stealth to land those assassinates, instead of mechanics.

This means if you want a trapper, and by the looks of things with traps inflicting injuries we'll all want a trapper, you need to have another character dedicated to mechanics.

I very much like the assassin/soulblade synergy, and yet it's quite the investment, party-composition wise.

I don't agree, with good stealth character u can solo the game. And u don't need very high stealth to do it, 6 stealth is enough so u can invest in mechanics.

I don't agree, with good stealth character u can solo the game. And u don't need very high stealth to do it, 6 stealth is enough so u can invest in mechanics.

Wait, you've seen the whole game ?

Look at you lucky guy :o

I'm jesting, the point is, you've not seen 5% of the game, so allow me to correct your statement : you can solo 5% of the game

Wait, you've seen the whole game ?

Look at you lucky guy :o

I'm jesting, the point is, you've not seen 5% of the game, so allow me to correct your statement : you can solo 5% of the game

Yeah I think I made a careless assumption about soloing the game with stealther when the game is not out.

But my point is it's not an exception. I soloed the Titan on PotD with a lot class combos. This mini boss just not feel that powerful.

• Like 1

Maybe in addition to buffing the titan itself they make a bunch of scarab beetles crawl up out of the sand behind you? That one lonely little beetle that pops up after the titan inevitably dies in the first 5 seconds of the fight really doesn't contribute much lol.

Oh? When I killed it, there were two of them that came out when it was at like half health. They were at least annoying.

Maybe in addition to buffing the titan itself they make a bunch of scarab beetles crawl up out of the sand behind you? That one lonely little beetle that pops up after the titan inevitably dies in the first 5 seconds of the fight really doesn't contribute much lol.

Oh? When I killed it, there were two of them that came out when it was at like half health. They were at least annoying.

Hmm, maybe more come out as the fight goes on? I've only ever seen the one each time.

Hmm, maybe more come out as the fight goes on? I've only ever seen the one each time.

Personally, I am against adding additional enemies while the fight is in progress (unless summoned or added via visible and predictable mechanic), especially when planning out use of your abilities is a thing. I might also have flashbacks to DA2 endless spawning enemies trying to make combat exciting.

BTW. Loving your portrait. Shadow Tactics was such a delightful surprise.

Personally, I am against adding additional enemies while the fight is in progress (unless summoned or added via visible and predictable mechanic), especially when planning out use of your abilities is a thing. I might also have flashbacks to DA2 endless spawning enemies trying to make combat exciting.

BTW. Loving your portrait. Shadow Tactics was such a delightful surprise.

What's not exciting about enemies literally falling out of the sky!?  :p 

I see where you're coming from though, taking into account the limited ability usage in pillars it's certainly nice to know how many enemies you're fighting each time, but I think it provides a certain level of strategy having to worry about the occasional summoned add or stealthed rogue appearing etc, I'm not talking DA2 levels, just maybe the odd one to make the player really think about character positioning and skill usage at the start of combat. 

And yes! I picked up Shadow Tactics on steam sale on a whim and fell in love with it haha

• Like 1

Hey (you bunch of prodigious) gamers,

I linked this thread over to our systems guys. They responded "Heh, I just did some of this the other day." So it is safe to say, that our big boy Titan will get some love for a future update.

I got your back

- SKing

• Like 12

The extra enemies don't really impact the fight if you pull the titan off to the left. Makes the fight QUITE easy. They are just standing at their spawn when you go back. Really, it's important to consider location regarding any challenging fight. It completely changes the game.

• 3 weeks later...

I've just One-Shot the Engwithan Titan on PoTD...

[No Subclass/Multiclass weird things, just one simple Ability & BOOM !]

Instead of tweaking his Recovery Time/Capabilities/Etc, simply add 1500HP or so ?

It's supposed to be a f**king Boss ! God Damnit !  :lol:

Edited by DexGames

I've just One-Shot the Engwithan Titan on PoTD...

[No Subclass/Multiclass weird things, just one simple Ability & BOOM !]

Instead of tweaking his Recovery Time/Capabilities/Etc, simply add 1500HP or so ?

It's supposed to be a f**king Boss ! God Damnit ! :lol:

Is it the wizard’s missile spell you use to one shot him?

Can’t think of other single class can one shot it (soul blade seems to be nerfed)

Edited by dunehunter

I took a Screenshot of the Combat Log but forgot to save it :(

I don't know what happen, My Character was a simple Melee BleakWalker Paladin.

No Special OverPowered Combinaison of Classes at all...

Litteraly just Quicksaved > Engaged > Gave an Order to all > Flames of Devotion on the Titan & Boom... Dead.

I'll try to recreate it (if possible), & save the screenshot properly this time...

But Eh, it just happened, isn't that enough to see there's a problem here ?  :lol:

I was like "What ? oO"

Edited by DexGames

I took a Screenshot of the Combat Log but forgot to save it :(

I don't know what happen, My Character was a simple Melee BleakWalker Paladin.

No Special OverPowered Combinaison of Classes at all...

Litteraly just Quicksaved > Engaged > Gave an Order to all > Flames of Devotion on the Titan & Boom... Dead.

I'll try to recreate it (if possible), & save the screenshot properly this time...

But Eh, it just happened, isn't that enough to see there's a problem here ?  :lol:

I was like "What ? oO"

I'm pretty sure you cannot one shot Titan on PotD without backstabbing or crazy high critical damage bonus as a meleer.

The Titan has over 400 hp in PoTD and to do that you need to do 200 damage per swing or 400 damage with a great sword or arquebus....

Edited by dunehunter