Politics - Episode 9: The Lurking Fear

Rosbjerg

is bad logic, but comforting, to see all "fear reports" as somehow identical in value.  a positive and a negative cancel each other out, or some such nonsense.  you not like the content o' the report and chances are you can find a report condemning the exact opposite danger.  sure, such ain't actual what happened above with your linked article as you misidentified the danger, but even so, you ain't alone in finding illusory comfort in conflicting "fear reports." 

could be worse, gifted could subscribe to the inevitability o' doom.  why worry if we is all doomed anyways, yes?  

HA! Good Fun!

Edited by Gromnir

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Low income wages finally rising, can't have that, need more low skilled immigrants: https://www.wsj.com/articles/low-income-earners-see-weekly-pay-gain-faster-than-other-groups-1500543003

Prime age employment highest since 2008, need more immigration to stop this outrage!

DGYthYWXYAATNaz.jpg

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

Prime age employment highest since 2008, need more immigration to stop this outrage!

Oh WoD. Now I need to point to vague reports of faceless masses that have completely stopped looking for work and fallen off the "books".

Remember, the most thing to remember by far, is that everything is crap. :yes:

Unlike the unemployment report, the employment report takes those masses into account, which is why I posted it. You'll notice that employment is still way down from the 2000 peak.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

graph shows we ain't even back to pre-housing bubble burst.  use 2008 as your benchmark is kinda wacky.

from wod source:

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/what-is-the-real-unemployment-rate/

kinda funny, but were trump who were claiming the real unemployment rate in early 2016 were +40%.  can do all kinda fun things with numbers.  no doubt will confuse the hell outta gifted.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Just read an article about people being upset with the court sketch artist for how Taylor Swift was portrayed in her current court case. Bahahahahaha. I would suggest replacing that antiquated method with...I dunno...cameras, but then I would suffer the wrath of the unemployed court sketch artists. Cant win for losing. :shrugz:

• Like 1

Unlike the unemployment report, the employment report takes those masses into account, which is why I posted it. You'll notice that employment is still way down from the 2000 peak.

Thanks Obama!

to be fair, the current employment rate has very little to do with any recent President, save for clinton.  clinton's bank deregulation (yes, it were championed by a democrat president) were the major cause o' the recent economic downturn.  otherwise, Presidents have had only minor impact on such numbers.  blame market forces and Congressional impotence would be more appropriate. obama's stimulus actual likely prolonged the economic crisis, but not by a huge degree.  'course such did have measurable impact on the ever growing deficit, so chances are in 5-10 years you will be cursing President ______ when you should be blaming obama.

Presidents get too much blame and too much credit.  and usual the wrong President gets the blame and credit.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 2

Just read an article about people being upset with the court sketch artist for how Taylor Swift was portrayed in her current court case. Bahahahahaha. I would suggest replacing that antiquated method with...I dunno...cameras, but then I would suffer the wrath of the unemployed court sketch artists. Cant win for losing. :shrugz:

Don't allow cameras for privacy reasons and a distraction as well (though I guess they are not noisy these days). 

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

The fire and the fury. So where is it?

In a Taco Bell near you

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Don't allow cameras for privacy reasons and a distraction as well (though I guess they are not noisy these days).

Whoa, whoa, whoa, there aren't cameras in every single courtroom? I know Ive seen various YouTubes where all hell breaks loose in a courtroom during a trial but maybe all courtrooms aren't equipped with cctv?

Id honestly be shocked if every single word and action weren't being recorded. Now that I think of it, whats up with still using a court stenographer in todays day of digital recorders?

Whoa, whoa, whoa, there aren't cameras in every single courtroom? I know Ive seen various YouTubes where all hell breaks loose in a courtroom during a trial but maybe all courtrooms aren't equipped with cctv?

Id honestly be shocked if every single word and action weren't being recorded. Now that I think of it, whats up with still using a court stenographer in todays day of digital recorders?

I guess it depends on the trial, like how OJ's trial was heavily televised inside there while Cosby's wasn't.

Though OJ's trial was just as the 24 hour news phenomenon was starting to take off.

Edited by smjjames

Woke up, fell out of bed, dragged a comb across my head...

Lets see whats on the radar for this mornings dose of fauxrage:

Walmart apologizes for sign marketing guns as back-to-school items.

LOOK LOOK EVERYONE! WALMART WANTS TO KILL KIDS!

Classic 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

You're seeing a lot of outrage?

It didn't make me rage, but it does raise eyebrows, like "what the heck are you doing/why the heck are they back-to-school-items?"

Just another corporate marketing fail really.

This is kind of funny, at least to me: https://townhall.com/columnists/kurtschlichter/2017/08/10/politically-correct-hollywood-is-doomed-n2365954

Edit: There's really no way to parody the left: https://yalealumnimagazine.com/blog_posts/2695-disarmament

Edited by Wrath of Dagon

https://twitter.com/carney/status/895689228146946050

"We're going to have to create a full #MAGA shadow cultural industry because the Opposition Media can't even do fashion without attacking us" - John Carney (I run Breitbart's finance and economics coverage. Formerly: WSJ, writer/editor, Wall Street lawyer, DealBreaker EIC, BI managing editor, CNBC NetNet founder.)

DG4gl-0UQAEdYRM.jpg

Hint: Pictures of Statue of Liberty are attacks against American right wing

I miss the Internet in 2001.

"Kinda makes you wonder doesn't it? Whether she's naked under that toga. She's French, you know that?"

Edited by Agiel
“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling