Movies You've Seen (or would like to see) Recently

Rosbjerg

Outside of Rhianna, at least the casting is better than GB2. It could be a fun distraction though that music reeks of desperation and actually seems insulting to women.  A movie designed to show women can do what men do... yet its theme song is about shoes. LMAO

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

yet its theme song is about shoes. LMAO

That's not what 'These Boots Are Made For Walking' is about.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

"That's not what 'These Boots Are Made For Walking' is about."

Doesn't matter what the writer intended, the song is about shoes (boots). Talk about a sexist anti woman song.  Movie about  strong empowered women and its theme song is about shoes. LMFAO

As for Dirty Dozen remake... as long as it focuses on the right kind of 'dirty'. If you know what I mean. :wink:

•  

I've only seen Rihanna in this Valerian movie and I thought her part was pretty bad. Her role was the "very successful artista" but I just couldn't buy it, especially when the main character was all like "wooooaaah so cool" and I was there like "zzzzZZZzzzz". That whole thing felt more like fan service to Rihanna fans or something, to drive up the sales.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Rhianna was the least of Valerian's problem. Heck, the white male lead was the worst problem with that movie. Pure garbage. At least Rhianna was HOT and had a small part  that mostly worked. Of course, Rhianna's 'star power' probably over shadowed her scenes/character a tad too much since it was a little too on the nose.

"That's not what 'These Boots Are Made For Walking' is about."

Doesn't matter what the writer intended, the song is about shoes (boots). Talk about a sexist anti woman song. Movie about strong empowered women and its theme song is about shoes. LMFAO

As for Dirty Dozen remake... as long as it focuses on the right kind of 'dirty'. If you know what I mean. :wink:

Even with fashionable shoes, they're going to walk all over you. Seems pretty empowered to me.

• Like 1

Rhianna was the least of Valerian's problem. Heck, the white male lead was the worst problem with that movie. Pure garbage. At least Rhianna was HOT and had a small part that mostly worked. Of course, Rhianna's 'star power' probably over shadowed her scenes/character a tad too much since it was a little too on the nose.

Well, I didn't stated it was a great movie. Topic was about Rihanna, and I think she sucks.

Other than that, I at least wasn't sleeping through half of the movie, which is what I usually do with all them superhero / comic stuff.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

"Even with fashionable shoes, they're going to walk all over you"

You give me too much credit. If these 8 'powerful' women in a movie take the time to walk all over a loser like me that isn't empowerment that is pathetic. Why do you belittle them and hate women so much?

• Like 1

yet its theme song is about shoes. LMAO

That's not what 'These Boots Are Made For Walking' is about.

Cliche as heck. Should have gone with Salt N Pepa's She Thing

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Slightly off-topic: If you're a sith lord, why would you ever take on an apprentice? Hasn't every sith lord ever been killed by their apprentice?

• Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Slightly off-topic: If you're a sith lord, why would you ever take on an apprentice? Hasn't every sith lord ever been killed by their apprentice?

They just believe in competition, it spurs innovation.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

^Contrived lore: the Rule of Two. It exists to solely in attempt of solving that plot hole.

Sort of. Part of it is in the whole cult indoctrination aspect of the Sith. Yes, they're "evil" power hungry people, but part and parcel of that is the belief that the "best" will become the Master. It's the whole process of "I prove I'm the best because while I'm training someone to one day take power from me, I'm smart/strong enough to not be caught out, and when I do lose to them, it's because I trained them that damn well."

Of course the EU had a heap of extra helpings. I mean if I'm recalling correctly, Palpatine didn't actually kill his master until some point during the Phantom Menace. So his decade or so of training Maul was actually one of his many strategems , Palpatine was still in the "apprentice" role and he didn't consider Maul as a proper apprentice but just a tool to be used and disposed of later.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Another plot reason for why Maul was so one-dimensional and focused, and not exactly the smart manipulator. Palpatine intentionally trained him to be that scalpel assassin or general weapon, rather than knowing how to manipulate , plot and play politics. So he could be used as that dedicated follower, highly competent in a narrow field but with specific weaknesses, so he could be eliminated once Palpatine found a "proper" apprentice.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."