I guess wizard + barbarian will be totally bonkers if Citzal's Spirit Lance works the same way as in PoE 1. The Lance's AoE attacks combined with carnage would be total overkill.

Iirc I was testing a barbarian with Citzal Lance and it worked in the following manner:

- you hit one enemy surrounded by 4 other

- this was resulting in: 1 hit + 4 carnage hits + 4 blast hits

And if you HoF:

- this was resulting in: 5 hits + 20 carnage hits + 20 blast hits

Interesting, in Deadfire Barbaric Blow does not trigger carnage?...

Or it does, but carnage hits do not benefit from increased crit chance and damage?

sHs2CJS.png

In poe 1 you could reach about 350 dmg per hit, do that without a time limit and in aoe will be massive. Even more if corpse eater barbarian.

350 per hit? Not on crit?)

I haven't seen that much, but that's a lot... taking into account how fast he can hit.

P.S. Shower thought: are corpses consumed by corpse-eater considered as consumables by Nalpazca monk?  :shifty:

Edited by MaxQuest

I guess wizard + barbarian will be totally bonkers if Citzal's Spirit Lance works the same way as in PoE 1. The Lance's AoE attacks combined with carnage would be total overkill.

Iirc I was testing a barbarian with Citzal Lance and it worked in the following manner:

- you hit one enemy surrounded by 4 other

- this was resulting in: 1 hit + 4 carnage hits + 4 blast hits

And if you HoF:

- this was resulting in: 5 hits + 20 carnage hits + 20 blast hits

Interesting, in Deadfire Barbaric Blow does not trigger carnage?...

Or it does, but carnage damage does not benefit from increased crit chance and damage?

sHs2CJS.png

In poe 1 you could reach about 350 dmg per hit, do that without a time limit and in aoe will be massive. Even more if corpse eater barbarian.

350 per hit? Not even crit?

Sorry you are right, with a crit. I managed to reach that with max str druid, most + dmg talents taken, champion boon and fire lash chant. Mc had droemel bonus talent.

• Like 1

I was kidding :)

But still, that's a lot, provided that such druid could land a hit (at 20 DEX / zero recovery) every 0.666s (if Cat) or 0.935s (if not).

Yes, that is why i claim that this combo could be very strong.

The test i did came from an old thread about "best single dps in the game". A guy that i don't remember said that rogue was clearly the best in single target dps ( with party support). So i made that druid to explain why and how much he was wrong. The pic should still be around in the thread, i remeber clearly dmg over 350 at the expense of the poor trolls of black meadow ( they all were insta-kill with 1 shot)

Boar druid, max lvl, max str, shapeshift belt, both wildstrike talent, +20% dmg -5 acc talent, scion of flame, unarmed weapon focus, rogue minor sneak attack, gallant focus. External buffs: champion boon, chanter +25% fire dmg, devotion for the faithful. --> 20 sec of pure madness

Edited by Dr <3

I wish I'd been able to back the campaign, so I could have access to the beta. Between multi-classing, subclasses and the universal empowerment mechanics, there's going to be a staggering number of combinations. At least I know there are dedicated players who will hunt down every exploit.

You can still back the game and get beta access from the backer portal, IIRC.

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

I wish I'd been able to back the campaign, so I could have access to the beta. Between multi-classing, subclasses and the universal empowerment mechanics, there's going to be a staggering number of combinations. At least I know there are dedicated players who will hunt down every exploit.

I thought backer signups were closed now?

I thought backer signups were closed now?

The fig campaign is over but you can back the game via obsidian's backer site:

https://eternity.obsidian.net/

I believe access to rewards is still there.

The test i did came from an old thread about "best single dps in the game". A guy that i don't remember said that rogue was clearly the best in single target dps ( with party support). So i made that druid to explain why and how much he was wrong.

I guess it was firkraag888...

Also, don't forget Avenging Storm. That spell adds so much to a spirit shifted druid...

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

I actually feel that I get more out of engaging with a conversation when they don’t know I’m reading or watching it. As soon as they know they’re engaging with the developer directly, well first there are tone considerations that go into it – I feel that it is more genuine and interesting when the interactions are player to player. I get a lot of that by going to the different communities and just seeing what they are talking about. 

I guess this is why we dont see Josh post here  ;(. We are like his little rat laboratory scurrying here and there to be examined  :yes:. Good stuff though

Edited by draego
  • Like 3

His scalp or head peeking out of the waterline. Might be some "Sin" (FFX) moments depending on how destructive Eothas is. Fist and arms too.

Maybe there'll be a level where you run up inside him, or a mountainside fighting fett, legs, crotch, torso/arms, head etc.

The last part might be a bit bad though, why would he stick around?

Maybe if his legs get blown up somehow, you can fight his head?

Edited by Osvir

Maybe there'll be a level where you run up inside him, or a mountainside fighting fett, legs, crotch, torso/arms, head etc.

Maybe we'll have to fight inside him...

Via which orfice though?...... Because I thought maybe you'd go up his ass...  *pulls brain out of gutter* rofl

The thing is, that isn't really Eothas. It's an adra vessel for him. So presumably, if we encounter him, it will probably be on that soul plane. I'd bet he'd fit on screen there.

That's a good point actually. Not sure if it's the devs who said it or it was speculation, but it's said the 'soul plane' could be the realm where the gods reside.