alternative facts

Gromnir

Are you guys seriously arguing over projected temperature increases?

Really?

You're that plugged inside the box?

something in the water today? can't get anybody to pay attention.

TRUMP offered numbers which he claimed were the impact Paris Agreement would have on projected temp increases. he did so in a televised speech. TRUMP wh claimed the mitigation numbers the President offered came from MIT.  unfortunate for trump, MIT refuted the alternative facts with the actual numbers they had provided.

nobody here has actual argued the projected temp increase.  

serious folks, wth is going on today?

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

[thread title]

• Like 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

• 1 month later...

been too long.  could be daily updates, but have been too numbed by the new normal.

in any event, alternative math is getting trump into trouble with the cbo... and yellen offered a mild rebuke as well.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/congressional-budget-office-casts-doubt-on-trump-spending-plan/ar-BBEmw6w?li=AA5a8k&ocid=spartanntp

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-07-13/yellen-lauds-trump-s-3-growth-goal-cast-doubt-it-s-achievable

btw, trump's off-the-record comments 'bout his wall, which angered him 'cause such comments weren't reported, were likely best left off-the record.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-07-13/trump-s-plan-for-his-border-wall-gets-shorter-and-see-through

“It could be a steel wall with openings, but you have to have openings because you have to see what’s on the other side of the wall,” Trump said. “As horrible as it sounds, when they throw the large sacks of drugs over, and if you have people on the other side of the wall, you don’t see them -- they hit you on the head with 60 pounds of stuff? It’s over.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_Kh7nLplWo

HA! Good Fun!

Edited by Gromnir
  • Like 3

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Well...I mean, a hit from 60 pounds of dope can conceivably kill you.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Alternative Facts: Things that are common sense but nobody either wants to admit or care enough to acknowledge as fact. It's one of those things where you continue to live in denial until something drastic in your life opens your eyes, the edge of death is usually what it takes to see things in that different perspective. Isn't it?

Of course those are not my words but it does make sense.

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

• 2 weeks later...

Trump is perfect..  after a few years, even Cotton Eye Joe will be begging for another politically correct Washington puppet.

Edited by Junai

• 4 weeks later...

Here’s a way to silence Trump on Twitter: Buy the microblogging service.

Bwahahaha, this is the problem with living in a world of perpetual pant-crapping, now you have to take everything to 11 just to get a reaction. "Hmpf, Ill buy controlling interest in the company (at everyone elses expense of course) just to kick him off!" *stomps foot*

Oh lawdy, what a world!

• Like 1

Hey Gifted you just TRIGGERED me with that post of yours. I'm gonna find a way to buy Obsidian just so I can ban you and your offensive post. MmmKAYYYYYYY?

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

am not sure if buying twitter to prevent trump from posting alternative facts via that medium is in keeping with the spirit o' the thread, but more than once we has blurred such lines. all good.

in any event, phoenix offered far too many alternative facts to post all in one place.  couple links to get started.

http://www.npr.org/2017/08/23/545504933/fact-check-10-statements-from-trumps-phoenix-speech

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2017/aug/22/fact-checking-president-donald-trumps-campaign-ral/

oh, and an oldie-but-goodie... 'cause we were gone from the boards for a bit.

post-72-0-67616300-1503528110_thumb.gif

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/factcheck/analysis-good-news-for-border-residents-no-one-is-throwing-60-pound-bags-of-drugs-over-a-50-foot-wall/ar-BBEp9cW?ocid=spartanntp

HA! Good Fun!

i doubt Volo would ban anyone, he will rutn this to 4chan

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

4chan bans a lot though.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

clean coal

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/factcheck/what-%e2%80%98clean-coal%e2%80%99-is-%e2%80%94-and-isn%e2%80%99t/ar-AAqBmKx?ocid=spartanntp

"Only one coal plant in the United States, the Petra Nova project in Texas, actually captures CO2 in this fashion, having come online in January with the help of $190 million from the Obama administration."

"Critics note that “clean coal” is a misleading term for any of these techniques. Even a coal power plant that emits fewer pollutants is still a far dirtier way to produce electricity than a natural gas, nuclear, wind or solar plant."

but at least the US is looking for technologies to make coal cleaner, no? well...

"Mr. Trump’s budget for 2018 also proposed cutting by 85 percent funding for the Office of Fossil Energy, the federal agency that is currently researching techniques to reduce pollution from coal."

HA! Good Fun!

"Critics note that “clean coal” is a misleading term for any of these techniques. Even a coal power plant that emits fewer pollutants is still a far dirtier way to produce electricity than a natural gas, nuclear, wind or solar plant."

And that is an alternative fact.

There are carbon sequestration technologies that could make coal plants cleaner than natural gas.

It's the expense that makes it questionable.

And that is an alternative fact.

There are carbon sequestration technologies that could make coal plants cleaner than natural gas.

It's the expense that makes it questionable.

you didn't read the article, or the quote.  

sequestration doesn't actual emit and is addressed in the article.  again, "Only one coal plant in the United States, the Petra Nova project in Texas, actually captures CO2 in this fashion, having come online in January with the help of $190 million from the Obama administration."

the quote you selective reply to is in reference to actual attempting to scrub or clean coal to reduce emissions.

HA! Good Fun!

Edited by Gromnir

"The Justice Department said in a court briefing filed late Friday that neither it nor the FBI has evidence that Trump Tower was the target of surveillance efforts by the Obama administration during the 2016 presidential election."

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/348987-justice-dept-says-it-has-no-evidence-of-trump-tower-wiretapping

any chance the wh apologizes for spreading fake news?

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

"The Justice Department said in a court briefing filed late Friday that neither it nor the FBI has evidence that Trump Tower was the target of surveillance efforts by the Obama administration during the 2016 presidential election."

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/348987-justice-dept-says-it-has-no-evidence-of-trump-tower-wiretapping

any chance the wh apologizes for spreading fake news?

HA! Good Fun!

Obisously the DoJ and FBI are part of the Deep State conspiracy to prevent Trump's MAGA agenda.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Good thing about conspiracies is the absence of evidence is evidence itself. :lol:

• Like 3

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Good thing about conspiracies is the absence of evidence is evidence itself. :lol:

and 'course if the doj had found evidence o' wiretaps, the left-wing conspiracy nutters would point out just how quick the attorney general were to help oust the head of the fbi 'cause comey were angering trump. the ag were not exactly placing himself between the President's wrath and the fbi when it came to ousting comey, so why would he do so to protect obama? surely sessions, with the entire resources o' doj at his disposal, coulda' found a few goons to fabricate or skew evidence to make obama look bad and save trump's reputation.  

old saw 'bout how conspiracies is like mushrooms, no? sh!t and darkness is what both need to grow.

HA! Good Fun!