alternative facts

Gromnir

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/factcheck/analysis-fact-checking-president-trump%e2%80%99s-pinocchio-laden-associated-press-interview/ar-BBAjJpm?ocid=spartandhp

the recent trump twitter rant 'bout judge shopping were amusing as well.  'cause san francisco has options other than the 9th circuit to address sanctuary city concerns?  'course this is one o' those gut-level appeals for which trump is becoming (in)famous.  

am actual understanding why trump supporters is current enraged by the fed judges.  liberals were in a similar position a few years ago when judges were stomping 'pon obama actions.  seems wrong to many folks that a single judge could block an executive order or act of Congress, or fed rule.  the thing is, the Court does not make advisory opinions, so the only functional way to test Constitutionality o' government action is through actual cases brought before the courts, and with almost few exceptions, one starts at district level. according to the Constitution, a person or entity need an actual case or controversy to gets benefits o' judicial attention. hypothetical people with potential problems do not get their day in court. good. can one imagine how busted would be the court system if every claim o' federal excess were needing be reviewed by the Supreme Court of the United States of America?  

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 2

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Apparently, Trump is under the impression that if Andrew Jackson had been elected President in 1860 (rather than being dead for nearly 17 years) the Civil War would have been avoided. That Jackson (a southern slave owner) would have negotiated a peace. Well, let's see. In Jackson's 8 years neither Kansas or Missouri were organized territories so the big issue of slavery in non-state territories which was a big deal in the 1850's and a factor in the war would have been a non-issue. And the Abolitionists didn't wield a lot of political clout nationally in the 1830's so it's not like he had to do much to appease them. And there was the incident where he allowed the regional post masters to destroy mailings from abolitionist groups. So, nothing I know about Andrew Jackson leads me to believe he would have been interested in negotiating any kind of peace other than the fact that as a Democrat, southerner, and slave owner himself the southern states would not have felt threatened enough by him to secede. Which means two things: The slaves would still be slaves and the can would just be kicked down the road a bit.

Do you ever get the feeling every time Trump says something there is a staffer off screen mentally willing him to shut up? This would have been one of those times.

http://www.oann.com/trump-questions-why-u-s-civil-war-had-to-happen/

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Oh come on, he is a populist indeed who most probably lies in bed with the very people he promised to fight; why would anyone take him seriously?

Edited by Ben No.3

Everybody knows the deal is rotten

Old Black Joe's still pickin' cotton

For your ribbons and bows

And everybody knows

Do you ever get the feeling every time Trump says something there is a staffer off screen mentally willing him to shut up? This would have been one of those times.

http://www.oann.com/trump-questions-why-u-s-civil-war-had-to-happen/

Yup. Also Spicer opens that bottle of JD again at his desk.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

What is in the minds of men? :lol:

Jimmy Carter saw a UFO.

Goddamn I'd like to encounter an alien. Not a scary tentacle alien, a Grey or maybe even a Reptoid. :yes:

From what I understand, they do things to people's butts.

I don't know if that's your cup of tea or not, just saying...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5Scg3rAwTQ

Thank you Obsidian!

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

The slave owner with the big heart.

Like Washington?

• Like 1

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

What is in the minds of men? :lol:

Jimmy Carter saw a UFO.

Goddamn I'd like to encounter an alien. Not a scary tentacle alien, a Grey or maybe even a Reptoid. :yes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4nkIoZ46dM&t=12m55s

jump to 12:55

Edited by Chilloutman

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/factcheck/fact-check-trump%e2%80%99s-account-of-his-first-100-days-in-office/ar-BBAzgf5?ocid=spartandhp

so, trump's characterization o' his first 100 days were an enormous alternative fact.

as a conservative/libertarian, the polls would suggest a likelihood o' Gromnir support for trump.  baffling.  yeah, we sympathize with folks  disenchanted by ineffectual washington insiders who spout traditional political non-speak.  for decades the average working class american felt complete left-out o' the democratic process, and middle-class americans see their best years dwindling fast in the rearview mirror. folks want change.  the republican voice o' change during the election were trump.  in the absence o' a viable alternative, is understandable why folks gravitated to trump, but am baffled by trump supporters who continue to support in spite o' his lack o' any meaningful progress and his willingness to distort facts and make unsubstantiated accusations.

is this sunk cost fallacy at work? perhaps folks still see trump as the best o' nothing but bad alternatives.  sure, trump approval is low, but he nevertheless has maintained core support.  why?  don't the excess o' alternative facts and failure to make noticeable progress on campaign promises discourage even trump diehards?  

on paper, one would assume Gromnir would be a trump supporter, but am admitted left with cold chills when we think o' him as president. during the election we predicted trump would fail to achieve domestic change as he is not a consensus builder.  we noted how trump didn't seem to understand the limited role o' the President in domestic affairs. we worried trump would turn towards international affairs in light o' predictable domestic impotence.  where we is now is exact where we predicted we would be.  am just a bit surprised more conservatives haven't lost faith in trump.  if not alternative facts and impotence, what will it take to make trump supporters lose faith?  

oh well.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 4

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/factcheck/fact-check-trump’s-account-of-his-first-100-days-in-office/ar-BBAzgf5?ocid=spartandhp

so, trump's characterization o' his first 100 days were an enormous alternative fact.

as a conservative/libertarian, the polls would suggest a likelihood o' Gromnir support for trump.  baffling.  yeah, we sympathize with folks  disenchanted by ineffectual washington insiders who spout traditional political non-speak.  for decades the average working class american felt complete left-out o' the democratic process, and middle-class americans see their best years dwindling fast in the rearview mirror. folks want change.  the republican voice o' change during the election were trump.  in the absence o' a viable alternative, is understandable why folks gravitated to trump, but am baffled by trump supporters who continue to support in spite o' his lack o' any meaningful progress and his willingness to distort facts and make unsubstantiated accusations.

is this sunk cost fallacy at work? perhaps folks still see trump as the best o' nothing but bad alternatives.  sure, trump approval is low, but he nevertheless has maintained core support.  why?  don't the excess o' alternative facts and failure to make noticeable progress on campaign promises discourage even trump diehards?  

on paper, one would assume Gromnir would be a trump supporter, but am admitted left with cold chills when we think o' him as president. during the election we predicted trump would fail to achieve domestic change as he is not a consensus builder.  we noted how trump didn't seem to understand the limited role o' the President in domestic affairs. we worried trump would turn towards international affairs in light o' predictable domestic impotence.  where we is now is exact where we predicted we would be.  am just a bit surprised more conservatives haven't lost faith in trump.  if not alternative facts and impotence, what will it take to make trump supporters lose faith?  

oh well.

HA! Good Fun!

The Supreme Court is back in conservative hands and illegal border crossings are down 70%, so he's not as ineffective is you claim. Consider the difference if the super shrew won. Republican weakness is that they're disunited against a united Democrat opposition, thus majority of Republicans have to yield to Dems because the far right is so intransigent they sabotage the good when they can't get the perfect.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/factcheck/fact-check-trump%e2%80%99s-account-of-his-first-100-days-in-office/ar-BBAzgf5?ocid=spartandhp

oh well.

HA! Good Fun!

This is where I remind everyone there were more names on your Presidential ballot than Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton.

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

oh well.

HA! Good Fun!

This is where I remind everyone there were more names on your Presidential ballot than Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton.

yeah, is good to reminds us how 'cause o' electoral college, the fringe party voters in the three swing states o' pennsylvania, michigan and wisconsin, coupled with even a few more democrats actual voting in those states, coulda' made a difference in preventing a trump presidency.

HA! Good Fun!

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/factcheck/fact-check-trump’s-account-of-his-first-100-days-in-office/ar-BBAzgf5?ocid=spartandhp so, trump's characterization o' his first 100 days were an enormous alternative fact. ... as a conservative/libertarian, the polls would suggest a likelihood o' Gromnir support for trump.  baffling.  yeah, we sympathize with folks  disenchanted by ineffectual washington insiders who spout traditional political non-speak.  for decades the average working class american felt complete left-out o' the democratic process, and middle-class americans see their best years dwindling fast in the rearview mirror. folks want change.  the republican voice o' change during the election were trump.  in the absence o' a viable alternative, is understandable why folks gravitated to trump, but am baffled by trump supporters who continue to support in spite o' his lack o' any meaningful progress and his willingness to distort facts and make unsubstantiated accusations. is this sunk cost fallacy at work? perhaps folks still see trump as the best o' nothing but bad alternatives.  sure, trump approval is low, but he nevertheless has maintained core support.  why?  don't the excess o' alternative facts and failure to make noticeable progress on campaign promises discourage even trump diehards?   on paper, one would assume Gromnir would be a trump supporter, but am admitted left with cold chills when we think o' him as president. during the election we predicted trump would fail to achieve domestic change as he is not a consensus builder.  we noted how trump didn't seem to understand the limited role o' the President in domestic affairs. we worried trump would turn towards international affairs in light o' predictable domestic impotence.  where we is now is exact where we predicted we would be.  am just a bit surprised more conservatives haven't lost faith in trump.  if not alternative facts and impotence, what will it take to make trump supporters lose faith?   oh well. HA! Good Fun!

The Supreme Court is back in conservative hands and illegal border crossings are down 70%, so he's not as ineffective is you claim. Consider the difference if the super shrew won. Republican weakness is that they're disunited against a united Democrat opposition, thus majority of Republicans have to yield to Dems because the far right is so intransigent they sabotage the good when they can't get the perfect.

I would suggest that if people are suddenly choosing to stay in Mexico instead of moving to the US, things must be getting pretty bad in the US.

• Like 2

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

I would suggest that if people are suddenly choosing to stay in Mexico instead of moving to the US, things must be getting pretty bad in the US.

Bad for them, good for us.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

oh well.

HA! Good Fun!

yeah, is good to reminds us how 'cause o' electoral college, the fringe party voters in the three swing states o' pennsylvania, michigan and wisconsin, coupled with even a few more democrats actual voting in those states, coulda' made a difference in preventing a trump presidency.

HA! Good Fun!

Then we'd be discussing a Clinton Administration. It's hard to see how we'd come out ahead on that score. I am definitely no fan of Trump but at least we got a decent Supreme Court Justice out of it. He's not who I would have picked but from a libertarian viewpoint he's pretty good. I would not have been able to say that about any Clinton nominee.

I don't think Gary Johnson or Jill Stein had any business being President. But I know the Libertarian and Green Party candidates should be allowed in the debates and have access to the same campaign and ballot access resources ans the elephants and jackasses.  The best way to make that happen is by voting for them. Both Clinton and Trump were unacceptable to a lot of people. The greatest failing of the two party choice is the day was coming when they only choices amounted to either being bitten by a snake or stung by a scorpion. The only productive votes that were could be cast were for third party candidates in the hopes they would get enough to open the door in 2020.

Thomas Sowell

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/factcheck/fact-check-trump’s-account-of-his-first-100-days-in-office/ar-BBAzgf5?ocid=spartandhp so, trump's characterization o' his first 100 days were an enormous alternative fact. ... as a conservative/libertarian, the polls would suggest a likelihood o' Gromnir support for trump. baffling. yeah, we sympathize with folks disenchanted by ineffectual washington insiders who spout traditional political non-speak. for decades the average working class american felt complete left-out o' the democratic process, and middle-class americans see their best years dwindling fast in the rearview mirror. folks want change. the republican voice o' change during the election were trump. in the absence o' a viable alternative, is understandable why folks gravitated to trump, but am baffled by trump supporters who continue to support in spite o' his lack o' any meaningful progress and his willingness to distort facts and make unsubstantiated accusations. is this sunk cost fallacy at work? perhaps folks still see trump as the best o' nothing but bad alternatives. sure, trump approval is low, but he nevertheless has maintained core support. why? don't the excess o' alternative facts and failure to make noticeable progress on campaign promises discourage even trump diehards? on paper, one would assume Gromnir would be a trump supporter, but am admitted left with cold chills when we think o' him as president. during the election we predicted trump would fail to achieve domestic change as he is not a consensus builder. we noted how trump didn't seem to understand the limited role o' the President in domestic affairs. we worried trump would turn towards international affairs in light o' predictable domestic impotence. where we is now is exact where we predicted we would be. am just a bit surprised more conservatives haven't lost faith in trump. if not alternative facts and impotence, what will it take to make trump supporters lose faith? oh well. HA! Good Fun!

Yes. The decrease in bank robberies after new security system is installed is a sign that things get pretty bad in the bank. F... logic.

The better analogy would be a new security system that works so well it reduces the number of new clients the bank welcomes on a daily basis.

And then the bank gets robbed by an existing customer, anyway.

Edit: I'm sorry, I completely dropped the ball here. Let me correct this.

And then the bank gets robbed by the CEO. And then the bank gets robbed by the branch manager. And then the bank gets robbed by the security contractor. But now, at least the money is safely always within the bank, under the control of fewer and fewer customer while the rest of the customers see their assets decreasing in value over time.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Seems odd to tout Gorsuch, given the way Congress is set. I guess every review needs that fluff task :lol:

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra