alternative facts

Gromnir

WASPs hate Trump because he allows jews and blacks to part of his Mar-a-Lago club, the intelligence community hates Trump because of his foreign policy, the left hates Trump because of him being atheistic to political correctness, the International banking cartels and business hates Trump for his America First policy, his own party hates Trump because of him telling the neo-cons to shove it, the media hates Trump because of his persona and the academia hates Trump because of his gut first and anti-intellectual stance. 

So who is he a tool of?

bbfd5440829427987cb7437b3686e8a1.jpg

This might explain Trump's hair.

• Like 2

for visual learners

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/politics/trump-claims/

HA! Good Fun!

The very first fact check is a lie. Crime is up in Sweden, not down, especially in immigrant areas like Malmo. http://www.motherjones.com/kevin-drum/2017/02/we-should-practice-truth-statistics-even-when-it-hurts

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

for visual learners

HA! Good Fun!

The very first fact check is a lie. Crime is up in Sweden, not down, especially in immigrant areas like Malmo. http://www.motherjones.com/kevin-drum/2017/02/we-should-practice-truth-statistics-even-when-it-hurts

you didn't bother to read the full wp story regarding that particular fact check, did you?  the option to do so was available.  just clicky the link.  you can do it.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Ridiculous cosmetic surgery aside, are they actually masterminds? How so?

They published scientific papers so advanced that the physics community couldn't agree whether they were geniuses or charlatans.

But really, it's just the latest in a series of dank memes, following in the steps of Moon Man and Pepe the Frog.

#StraightOutta/pol/

Edited by 213374U
  • Like 1

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

for visual learners

HA! Good Fun!

you didn't bother to read the full wp story regarding that particular fact check, did you?  the option to do so was available.  just clicky the link.  you can do it.

HA! Good Fun!

Even the longer article contradicted its own lies

“Even [though] there are no 'no-go zones' as alleged in the propaganda, there are problems around crimes and disturbances in several suburbs of Swedish cities, where immigrant groups tend to be over-represented,” said Henrik Selin, director of intercultural dialogue at the Swedish Institute

“Sweden definitely, like other countries, [faces] challenges when it comes to integration of immigrants into Swedish society, with lower levels of employment, tendencies of exclusion and also crime-related problems,”

And why is Malmo's police chief talking about a "rising spiral of violence"? There have been 52 hand grenade attacks there just in 2016! And this is to say nothing about the immigrant riots that just happened. Kessler, who does "fact checking" for WaPo, is a known partisan liar that's been caught many times before.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

*sigh*

if you are gonna retreat to silly selective quoting, there is little point to continuing. 

am just not understanding the need to reimagine or defend every trumpism, no matter how flawed.  you did the same thing with inauguration crowd size and have continued from that point in a predictable downward spiral. the unsubstantiated voter fraud claim 'bout which even bill o'reilly questioned trump?  you defended trump. had large numbers o' legal scholars pointing out the travel ban were rushed and poor written, but you immediate accused those who saw flaws in the order as being ignorant and/or wrong.  your depth and breadth o' legal training finally paying off? 

how many more times?  

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

You're misrepresenting what I said, but I know you don't argue honestly. I'm selectively quoting? I'm quoting your own link, and how is that quote different from what Trump said? Yet WaPo is claiming Trump lied? Even though Trump was quoting the report he saw? How is that a lie, the most they could say the report was wrong.

You're misrepresenting what I said, but I know you don't argue honestly. I'm selectively quoting? I'm quoting your own link, and how is that quote different from what Trump said? Yet WaPo is claiming Trump lied? Even though Trump was quoting the report he saw? How is that a lie, the most they could say the report was wrong.

so, regardless o' how everything else in the article reveals no significant increase in crime in sweden in spite o' large numbers o' immigrants, you still somehow believe the article proves the exact opposite?  okie dokie. but azdeus and others already beat the sweden alternative facts fail to death in the other thread.  if you didn't get before, you ain't gonna sudden have epiphany.

and talk 'bout unclear on the concept. it is the fact trump were using a report he saw on fox as proof o' a swedish crime problem that is the problem. an unsupported report 'bout a documentary, by some guy you had never heard o' a couple weeks ago, regarding swedish crime works its way into a speech by the President of the United States of America as proof o' a refugee problem in sweden.  not exact an academic or verifiable source, eh? folks on this board get mocked for doing similar and yet you not see a problem when is done by the President? 

you gotta quit reflexive defending and/or dismissing every trumpism.  makes you look cartoonish.  

HA! Good Fun!

gotta love anecdotal evidence.

even so, you forget to look at the date o' the article.  trump wouldn't have looked like a buffoon if were today he said,

"You look at what's happening last night in Sweden. Sweden, who would believe this? Sweden. They took in large numbers. They're having problems like they never thought possible."

HA! Good Fun!

ps were also localized riots in 2010 and 2013.  wanna see those graphs again which show decreasing overall crime rates in sweden during that span o' years?

Edited by Gromnir

Trump wasn't talking about overall crime rates, he was talking about immigrant crime. And I can't see your stupid article any more because it's behind a paywall, but I seem to remember they made a ridiculous claim that only 1% of crime was due to immigrants, which is completely contradicted by charts in my link. Not to mention the article contradicts itself as I pointed out.

And I can't see your stupid article any more because it's behind a paywall

Delete all stored cookies and maybe flush the browser's cache. Or better yet, switch to a browser that does that automatically and prevents websites from tracking you.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Thanks, but deleting all cookies causes other problems. And Washington Compost isn't worth it.

Some real facts:

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2017/02/21/ten-topics-swedens-multicultural-utopia-massively-failing/

How crime statistics are manipulated: http://www.breitbart.com/london/2016/11/04/claim-coverup-immigration-crime-sweden/

So the best WaPo could've said is that the facts are in dispute, not that Trump lied, especially when events immediately prove him right. But it's not surprising because all the self proclaimed "fact checkers" are Democrats, so of course they find that Republicans mostly lie and Democrats are mostly truthful.

And the "media" further discredits itself. https://news.grabien.com/story-brzezinski-our-job-control-exactly-what-people-think

SCARBOROUGH: "Exactly. That is exactly what I hear. What Yamiche said is what I hear from all the Trump supporters that I talk to who were Trump voters and are still Trump supporters. They go, 'Yeah you guys are going crazy. He's doing -- what are you so surprised about? He is doing exactly what he said he is going to do.'"

BRZEZINSKI: "Well, I think that the dangerous, you know, edges here are that he is trying to undermine the media and trying to make up his own facts. And it could be that while unemployment and the economy worsens, he could have undermined the messaging so much that he can actually control exactly what people think. And that, that is our job."

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Breitbart linking to Breitbart as sources is pretty funny. Nothing like meaningless intermediary sources, I guess.

• Like 2

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

And the "media" further discredits itself. https://news.grabien.com/story-brzezinski-our-job-control-exactly-what-people-think

SCARBOROUGH: "Exactly. That is exactly what I hear. What Yamiche said is what I hear from all the Trump supporters that I talk to who were Trump voters and are still Trump supporters. They go, 'Yeah you guys are going crazy. He's doing -- what are you so surprised about? He is doing exactly what he said he is going to do.'"

BRZEZINSKI: "Well, I think that the dangerous, you know, edges here are that he is trying to undermine the media and trying to make up his own facts. And it could be that while unemployment and the economy worsens, he could have undermined the messaging so much that he can actually control exactly what people think. And that, that is our job."

Sometimes unintended honesty is the worst kind of honesty.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Breitbart linking to Breitbart as sources is pretty funny. Nothing like meaningless intermediary sources, I guess.

" Breitbart linking to Breitbart ".... :lol:  :lol:

This really made me laugh, just the thought of that is so absurd its hilarious 

• Like 2

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

GB are you worried the media  is indeed controlling your thoughts ?

How deep does the rabbit hole go ..... :biggrin:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

No of course they don't. But it is arrogance and hubris of the highest order that they think that is their role.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

They're not linking to it as proof, they're linking so you can read more if you want to without having to repeat themselves in every article. It's commonly done on the web.

No of course they don't. But it is arrogance and hubris of the highest order that they think that is their role.

Okay, good to know because I was going to say  "if you are someone who is suppose to be controlled by the media then they have failed utterly and  abysmally in creating kinship and loyalty around  their perceived thought control programs  "    :aiee: ( the media scores an F- in controlling thoughts )

John Milton 

Well, she IS her father's daughter.

Edited by 213374U

Well, she IS her father's daughter.

I dont get it ?

John Milton 

Her dad is Zbigniew Brezinski used to be an advisor to Carter I think.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zbigniew_Brzezinski

Neat he founded the Trilateral Commission.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Her dad is Zbigniew Brezinski used to be an advisor to Carter I think.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zbigniew_Brzezinski

Neat he founded the Trilateral Commission.

Okay I know him,  he is a very astute commentator . He was a legend near the end of the Cold War and a highly respected advisor to various US  presidents 

Thanks for letting me know 

John Milton