What are you playing right now?

Rosbjerg

Just started Chapter 7 in Dishonored.  Not sure I like this "time jumping".  Didn't help that I got stuck in that starting room for a long time because of the wonky mechanic (kept trying to go back and forth in time to find a key to unlock the door or some puzzle that unlocks it).

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Have completed Pillars of Eternity OC (with neither White March nor patches later than 1.06 installed) last week, and I liked it very much. Liked the lore, how it is well designed for a "meta game" (prepared to be used for many games, not a one-shot game).

And something I really like in c&c RPG, it's the difficulty to make choices (and assume consequences, the fun is to anticipate consequences and to bid on them, in the end confronting what we have thought and what the game - and developers - made). A bit philosophical, to confront mind games vs reallity :p

By the way, many times I had to stop or let the games in "pause" (in dialog phase, good it is in pause, in Alpha Protocol it was wayyyyy more difficult :p) as I often hesitate on few crucial choices. The number and the duration of thoses hesitations are indications of a good roleplaying game to me.

I like very much when a game flows, but that kind of "breaking phases" I love it.

A bit surprised because of many said about them, but... I found combat pretty fun. Even "trash mobs". I suppose combat had even been made better in later patches?

But maybe because I'm used to play mage. I don't know.

Now, I'm on Vampire: the Masquerade Bloodlines, and it already made me hesitate sometimes. Good one ;)

Man, I love playing Tremere, it reminds me the days of the Eternal Struggle :)

Now, I'm on Vampire: the Masquerade Bloodlines, and it already made me hesitate sometimes. Good one ;)

It's the Ocean House Hotel that works soooo well. Especially when playing a Malkavian.

• Like 1

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Is Broken Sword 5 even good?

Not very memorable, but was alright to play.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

It's the Ocean House Hotel that works soooo well. Especially when playing a Malkavian.

I intend to try Malkavian afterwars, I'm pretty sure that it would be fun story-wise.

Alternating between Project Cars an Dishonored 1. I wanted to go for Clean Hands playthrough, but somehow I completely ****ed up at the start of the game, without even knowing. I did not knew you can't kill the first assasins attacking the empress at the start of the game for Clean Hands and I found that out during mission 7. I have decided to finish it first and then later after Tales of Berseria or Yakuza Zero to play it again, going the evil High Chaos Way. And maybe later i'll try the Clean Hands again.

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Nah, killing the prologue assassins doesn't matter because you shouldn't actually kill them - they should disappear in a puff of smoke instead. However, in the original Dishonored, it's essential that you knock people out as seldomly as humanly possible because KO'd bodies can get killed really easily and it's always your fault. When a rat or water touches them they're dead instantly, when they fall from stairs or just a tad higher up place they'll die may die too. That's why Clean Hands tend to be easiest in combination with Ghost.

Edited by Fenixp
  • Like 1

Still making my way through Niog, which is still going great.  Loving the combat for sure.  Also, making my way through Rise of the Tomb Raider and just loving this game as well.  While the story is fine enough, certainly not the best, the actual gameplay and traversal is awesome.  I will say though, when it comes to gameplay, the only thing I'm not a big fan of is clicking the right stick in every once in a while to highlight possible items/collectibles/etc.  I don't know what the best way for a developer to do for this component, but I believe The Witcher 3 was a nice balance as far as how much it distorted your visuals.  Rise of the Tomb Raider is kind of like Batman, where I feel the developers created this beautiful world, but you're constantly looking through the game in a different lens to pick up collectibles and not miss items throughout the game.

Nah, killing the prologue assassins doesn't matter because you shouldn't actually kill them - they should disappear in a puff of smoke instead. However, in the original Dishonored, it's essential that you knock people out as seldomly as humanly possible because KO'd bodies can get killed really easily and it's always your fault. When a rat or water touches them they're dead instantly, when they fall from stairs or just a tad higher up place they'll die may die too. That's why Clean Hands tend to be easiest in combination with Ghost.

We'll see how it goes then. I am checking all of the bodies after a while, and so far, I have not noticed anyone dieing. Well when I have noticed someone dead, I have reloaded last save.

We'll see how it goes then. I am checking all of the bodies after a while, and so far, I have not noticed anyone dieing. Well when I have noticed someone dead, I have reloaded last save.

Fair warning there'll be a quest later in a sewer where you'll have to decide helping one of two characters and should you save the guy but KO him afterwards and leave him on the floor, it'll still count as him dying.

Finished this quest already and the lady was put to sleep on her bed :-

Anyway. I had to use sleep darts few times, and I am not really sure if I was able to check them all, if they were all safely sleeping :-/ I still need to finish last to missions to see, if I was successful or not *shrugs*

Edited by Mamoulian War

It's impossible for me to "ghost" in Dishonored.  Some random guard always seems to spot me.  I've been able to get through a few levels without killing anyone, though.  That's a positive step for me.

Although it sucks that I have all these bullets and grenades and regular bolts in my inventory that never get used.

• Like 1

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

It can be super difficult, I did a Hard + Ghost playthrough of Dishonered. Rewarding but though.

The key was patience, high ground and the right set of abilities. Timestop or possession is really great- choking guards and placing them in safe spots (ledges etc) helps too.

Fortune favors the bald.

My problem is 360 degree awareness in first-person games.  Seems like I'm always facing one way just as a guard or enemy walks up the other.  Third-person games don't give me as much trouble since I can see "behind" my own character at all times.

I can't even count the number of times I'll be looking one way and then get that "lightning" warning icon behind me.

Broken Sword 3 almost makes me want to quit and I'm still in the plane. Go go UI designers.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Just finished watching Attack on Titan yesterday and decided to start playing the game. It's pretty awesome, very faithful to the series and the gameplay is spot-on, mastering the 3D Maneuver Gear takes real effort but it's a whole lot of fun. As for the lore, it really really helps to watch the series before playing the game. I'd say that the series serves as a background to the game. 

I also went out and bought Nioh & Yakuza 0, with Trump preparing the sanctions, a used copy might become even more expensive compared to a brand new copy right now. :p

Edited by Katphood

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

I picked up Darkest Dungeon. Great game for the masochists among us.

I also threw down for Kona, which I've played some. I finally have some decent time to spend, so I plan on getting into Kona more and wasting time with Darkest Dungeon less. I think I'll give a month or two to Kona and then revisit Darkest Dungeon when it doesn't make me feel like hunting down the design team and beating them down all spouting the inane crap the narrator uses on me.

So shines the name so shines the name of Roger Young!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MEJM0cboDg

I finished the Marrakesh mission in HITMAN.  I didn't manage to get silent assassin since I never found where I can erase recordings and I was caught on camera a few times.  Also, apparently I was spotted at some point, though I don't remember it.  The kills were pretty mundane too, I snapped one guy's neck and stabbed the other one in the neck with a pair of scissors.  Oh well, I'll try to do better next time.

There's an elusive target coming up this weekend, I'm quite excited for that.  I imagine it's going to be a really hard kill, I've never done one of these before.  Good chance I'll screw it up and the target will escape, but I'll give it a shot.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I lied. I played Darkest Dungeon all day and it was really frustrating until a couple of things happened. First, I became one with the RNG. Just accept the screwing you will continually get, be happy with the screwing you continually give, and be at peace with everything in-between. Second, get a couple people skilled enough to drag the antiquarian throw a map every now and then and all your gold problems disappear. Seriously, the big problem is just getting screwed and not having enough scratch to cover the treatment, stress healing, and upgrades. Once every three or so maps, take the scholar through with you and all that disappears. Makes the game soooo much easier. However, since I *can* play all night, I'm stopping DD and hitting Kona. Just 'cause.

• Like 1

So shines the name so shines the name of Roger Young!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MEJM0cboDg

I try to do the non-lethal approach in Dishonored 2, but the game simply does not want me to.  I shot a guy with a sleeping dart, but what does he do?  His momentum as he's falling "unconscious" carries him over a table, to land face first in the lit fireplace.  So naturally he goes up in a ball of flame and I get credited for a "kill".  That was following another episode where I shot a guard with a sleep dart, and he just topples over a railing and happens to land in the *one* spot there isn't a ledge, falling to his death.

• Like 1