What are you playing right now?

Rosbjerg

Too many guards, too much open space to be able to take them out the non-lethal way and hide the bodies.

When going for clean hands run, I found sneaking around the guards as opposed to taking them out more efficient anyway

I try that when I can, but even then it seems like there are open spaces where no matter where you skulk/hide, a guard will see you if you make a move to a spot you need to get to.

Or I might just suck at stealth.

Either or.

Part of the trick with Emily is to use the other abilities and gimmicks to distract guards and pull them out of their position, and then you can take them down.

I struggle with that, too.  For instance, throwing a bottle to distract a guard?  Instead it seems to alert every guard on the map, so they all swarm to an area and start all searching right around there.

It would be easy if I was playing a lethal play through, but non-lethal in big open spaces gets tricky for me.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

im playing wolfenstein the new order but the game keeps crashing since i got to the prison level.

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

I started Beyond Divinity again. I can understand why Larian isn't proud of it, but I have fun and the game isn't completely without merrit. I like the world of Nemesis and I really think, that the game tells a solid story so far. It's interesting, that Larian still build some ambitions in it (food and resting, the alphabet of the Raanar) and I hope that I'll play it through this time. 

I'm beginning to have a love/hate relationship with Dishonored 2.  I love the various ways you can go through a level, but I hate the fact that I never have enough "stealth gadgets" in encounters where there's a truckload of bad guys moving about, and there's no way to replenish them.

At least leave some sleeping darts laying around, for heaven's sake.

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I hate the fact that I never have enough "stealth gadgets" in encounters where there's a truckload of bad guys moving about

You're using 'stealth' wrong if you want to use stealth gadgets in encounters with a truckload of bad guys :-P They're designed to take out a few opponents that happen to notice you, not as direct tools of confrontation - that's what the pistol is for.

Seriously, stick to high ground and you most likely won't even get noticed, let alone have to take out guards. Alternatively, just drop the 'Low-chaos' pretense and mop the floor with everybody, if stealth is quite simply not your thing, there's no reason to torture yourself over an ending slide.

I hate the fact that I never have enough "stealth gadgets" in encounters where there's a truckload of bad guys moving about

You're using 'stealth' wrong if you want to use stealth gadgets in encounters with a truckload of bad guys :-P They're designed to take out a few opponents that happen to notice you, not as direct tools of confrontation - that's what the pistol is for.

Seriously, stick to high ground and you most likely won't even get noticed, let alone have to take out guards. Alternatively, just drop the 'Low-chaos' pretense and mop the floor with everybody, if stealth is quite simply not your thing, there's no reason to torture yourself over an ending slide.

Some of the maps simply don't have a lot of high ground or sneaking through spots.  For instance, that dude's mansion/laboratory.  There's a bunch of guards roaming the place, but as soon as one even notices you, those stupid robots come running out and all stealth goes out the window.

I also don't get why there aren't spare sleep darts laying around.  I get conservation and all that, so they don't want to drop you 5 darts each room you enter.  But the entire mansion and there's not a single sleep dart?  The loot drop doesn't exactly encourage you to go stealth, which is my issue.

I know there's no rule that says you HAVE to go stealth, but it just feels like some of the maps go out of their way to punish you if you do attempt to.

Some of the maps simply don't have a lot of high ground or sneaking through spots.  For instance, that dude's mansion/laboratory.  There's a bunch of guards roaming the place, but as soon as one even notices you, those stupid robots come running out and all stealth goes out the window.

I also don't get why there aren't spare sleep darts laying around.  I get conservation and all that, so they don't want to drop you 5 darts each room you enter.  But the entire mansion and there's not a single sleep dart?  The loot drop doesn't exactly encourage you to go stealth, which is my issue.

I know there's no rule that says you HAVE to go stealth, but it just feels like some of the maps go out of their way to punish you if you do attempt to.

You do realise with the mansion/laboratory you can literally get yourself into the walls?

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

There's walking through infrastructure in walls and use of reconfiguration levers in that level which will allow you to get past most adversity unnoticed, but you have more tools than just sleep darts, don't you? First of all, when somebody notices you, just shoot him with the neurotixin thingy - he'll literally run off in fear and forget he ever saw you, without alerting others if you're fast enough.

Then there's stun mines, which you could have upgraded by this point to the level where each takes down 3 opponents. And when all else fails, with some patience, you can choke most guards or do a perfect parry and punch them out in direct combat.

As for Emily and her special powers, doesn't she get that weird distracting rift thingy? You can also use her chain ability to chain together up to 3 opponents in a crowded area and 1 who's tucked away somewhere, or even a civilian, who you then choke out. This'll easily knock the chained guards unconscious too.

There's walking through infrastructure in walls and use of reconfiguration levers in that level which will allow you to get past most adversity unnoticed, but you have more tools than just sleep darts, don't you? First of all, when somebody notices you, just shoot him with the neurotixin thingy - he'll literally run off in fear and forget he ever saw you, without alerting others if you're fast enough.

Then there's stun mines, which you could have upgraded by this point to the level where each takes down 3 opponents. And when all else fails, with some patience, you can choke most guards or do a perfect parry and punch them out in direct combat.

As for Emily and her special powers, doesn't she get that weird distracting rift thingy? You can also use her chain ability to chain together up to 3 opponents in a crowded area and 1 who's tucked away somewhere, or even a civilian, who you then choke out. This'll easily knock the chained guards unconscious too.

I don't have a fraction of the gadgets/powers you're describing.  I probably haven't bothered to collect enough bone charms and runes on previous maps.

Speaking of being unable to go through a level without killing someone, I just started the next map and already killed someone unintentionally.  I tried opening a door, but found it was blocked.  I tried to do the bash thing, but it didn't budge.  But the guy on the other side heard it and, for some reason, threw a grenade at the door!  He got caught in his own blast and got blown to bits.  The only positive is now there is no door blocking my way.

• Like 1

I don't have a fraction of the gadgets/powers you're describing.  I probably haven't bothered to collect enough bone charms and runes on previous maps.

Whelp... The game is balanced in such a way that killing everyone on sight is significantly easier than getting clean hands / ghost. People say the game punishes you for killing, but that's not really the point of the system - the point of the system is to reward skillful play. And part of skillful play is careful exploration and collection of resources.

Which is my longwinded way to say

maxresdefault.jpg

Speaking of being unable to go through a level without killing someone, I just started the next map and already killed someone unintentionally.  I tried opening a door, but found it was blocked.  I tried to do the bash thing, but it didn't budge.  But the guy on the other side heard it and, for some reason, threw a grenade at the door!  He got caught in his own blast and got blown to bits.  The only positive is now there is no door blocking my way.

The AI ... Does have its moments, yes.

And wouldn't you know it, the only person that I "killed" on the entire level was that idiot who blew himself up.  He was the one casualty that kept me from having a perfect (ie. entirely non-lethal) chapter.

Ugh.

I'm playing HITMAN and having a lot of fun with it.  It's a nice return to form for the series.  I very much like slowly, methodically casing a place, figuring out patterns, finding vulnerabilities and opportunities, then formulating a plan of action (I almost like formulating the plan more than executing the plan) so obviously this game is right up my alley.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Maybe it's the Emily side of the game, but it seems like there's a lot less story and a lot less side content going on in Dishonored 2 than there was in the first game.  Every map basically seems to be the main quest.

Maybe it's the Emily side of the game, but it seems like there's a lot less story and a lot less side content going on in Dishonored 2 than there was in the first game.  Every map basically seems to be the main quest.

Not just Emily. That's why I liked Dishonored 1 more in spite of improvements of the second one.

Went pretty well into Darkest Dungeon before my main party was wiped on a boss and restarted. I also picked up Konami. Rough, but the narrator does a wonderful job. I have projects that I need to do do soon, but come Tuesday, I'll be hitting Konami heavy. Just wish the Long Dark story mode would ship.

So shines the name so shines the name of Roger Young!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MEJM0cboDg

Going to try Broken Sword 3. How bad could it be

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

ain't playing anything at the moment.  zip. zero. nadda.  

'course that is gonna change rather dramatically in the near future.

torment

battletech beta followed by battletech game.

and am gonna finally purchase tyranny late may/early may, 'cause we wait at least six months after release to actual buy games nowadays.

and speaking o' six month delays, mass effect: andromeda gets a march release, so am likely gonna purchase in september rather than waiting for game-of-the-year edition to release in november/december.  am suspecting we will be playing the poe beta at the end o' 2017, so...

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Paying for Origin Access got me into a Gaming Multiple Personality Disorder Mode. So I played:

- Battlefield: Hardline campaign for a bit, which looks gorgeous, introduces some stealth elements later on and generally looks like decent fun

- Aragami, which is a surprisingly good stealth game heavily focused on shadow play

- Furi, which is an endless boss rush that I bounced right off of

- Mirror's Edge: Catalyst, which has abysmal loading times

I'll need to settle on a title and finish it. Also play more Mordheim.

Ground Zeroes on PSN super sale.

Gave me that old-fashioned frustrated feeling, where you take one hand off the controller and look down, or up at the ceiling, or anywhere but the Mission Failed screen.

But only a few times--it's actually mostly fun, if incredibly short, as the stand-alone prologue to the brilliant Phantom Pain. Tactical infiltration with barely a handful of weapons. Have to work hard to suspend disbelief, though, the setting is a Marines-occupied installation in 1974 Cuba, occasionally forcing the player to use lethal force during side-ops.   

All Stop. On Screen.

Going to try Broken Sword 3. How bad could it be

It's not bad at all. Especially if you like crate puzzles. Sometimes feels a lot like Indiana Jones/Tomb Raider knock off. And the ending is just ridiculous.

Still way better than Broken Sword 4.

Now trying to replay Pillars of Eternity, but my god, is it boring. I like exploring the map and some of the quests, but the story is not engaging, characters are mostly dull and the combat is a slog. Didn't felt like that when I was playing for the first time back in 2015. However, this time I have White March expansion, so I hope I can reach the new content before going insane from boredom.

Is Broken Sword 5 even good?

It's decent.  Not as good as BS2, nowhere near as good as BS1, but probably a bit better than BS3, and most definitely better than BS4.

• Like 2

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks