What you did today

Gorth

Leaving town in a few hours. Can't sleep. Same ol' story. At least I don't have to drive. Hubby gets to do that while I sit in the back of the van keeping a lonely, nervous, cat-in-a-cage company. Travelin' by auto with a cat. Always fun. Mr. Black is actually fairly good natured about it. Doesn't even mind the harness/leash.

Was trying to read threads and wondering when the forum text became so bloody tiny that I had to literally squint to read it (27" 1080 IPS monitor), then remembered that I had the browser back on default view for full-screen video viewing.

"Ctrl +, Ctrl +, Ctrl +, Ctrl +" .... ahhh that's much better.

Have yet to get bifocals. Stopped wearing contact lenses (would rather always wear distance vision glasses then carry/pull out readers in my pocket/purse) and so now in stores I have to push down and peer over the tops of my glasses like an old granny to be able to read/use the payment keypad touchscreens etc. ;(

As they say .... getting older. It'll happen to you too! :biggrin:

Edited by LadyCrimson
  • Like 4
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Hey Lady Long-time-no-C! :)

So,

Nearly the same **** that happened yesterday happened today aswell, except the other guy didn't swirve, he just went into the barricades instead.

Numbskulls... numbskulls everywhere.

• Like 1

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Got myself a new mp3 player as my ipod classic is starting to show its age (9.5 years almost).  Trying to fill the SD card up, but oof, the write rate is so slow, bah, guess I chose poorly.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

How slow are we talking?

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

2 MB/s. May be the player itself, will get an SD card reader and do it that way

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Well, if I didn't convert my music into a lower quality format, that would take just about 35 hours straight of copying. That would be annoying, but I don't know, just let it sit in the background for two days.

...On the other hand, I am pretty sure the internal storage device couldn't store a few hundred GBs to begin with, so I'd have to convert it into a lower quality anyways. :p

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

Are we there yet?
Van's so much easier because you can let him out sometimes, vs my smaller station wagon, and ofc he's much happier that way vs. being stuck in the dog-crate wire cage the entire 4 hours.

IMG_3057A.JPG

IMG_3061A.JPG

Edited by LadyCrimson
  • Like 2
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I'm pretty sure my cat would literally die if I went on a road trip with him. He's an old geezer and throws up with the slightest amount of anxiety (...darned rescue animals), and he hates being in cars. Your cat seems pretty relaxed by comparison, :).

Edited by Bartimaeus

All of the pets I had got sick in cars.  Made trips to the vet fun.

• Like 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I'm pretty sure my cat would literally die if I went on a road trip with him. He's an old geezer and throws up with the slightest amount of anxiety (...darned rescue animals), and he hates being in cars. Your cat seems pretty relaxed by comparison, :).

My cat is actually a dog in disguise. If I go outside he sits by the door waiting for me to come back, that type of thing. :D

He's a rescue as well, about 11 y.o. now with a medicine-required hyperactive thyroid condition, but always been mellow and very trusting. Took about 3 trips before he got "used" to it, tho. Still gets upset if he can't see me during.

Needy cat.

mrblack-300.jpg

IMG_2822A.JPG

....and today, after meeting with some contractors, we're just sitting outside enjoying the sun and the huge backyard while waiting for the time we'll be visiting hubby's cousin/aunt in the evening.

• Like 4

Yeah, taking my cat to the vet is quite the odyssey... I'm still unsure if what he fears is the car trip or the vet, but either way he'll squirm and eventually resign to sinking his claws really deeply into whoever is holding him through the duration of the trip and visit.

My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/alephg

Currently playing: Roadwarden

That's how my cat is like too, actually! It's nice in some ways - being more involved than you would normally get out a regular cat is nice - but also very annoying at times, too. He whines and cries a lot for no real reason besides that he can. Whines at doors, whines at windows, whines for water (he only drinks out of a running faucet these days...), whines to jump up on counters (...and he's getting too old to jump by himself sometimes). I think he's about 13 or 14 years old now...which I guess probably means he won't be around that much longer, sadly, especially seeing as how persistent throwing-up is usually a bad sign for longevity. :(

That's life, though...

SD card reader did the trick...sort of. 16 MB/s is better than 2, after all. Next hurdle is the player not liking one or more of the songs as it hangs after processing the file. Shouldn't be too surprised that one of the files I got over the past 18 years or so is corrupt or finicky. Plan of attack is go folder by folder to locate the problem files :p

Alot of birds singing right now, quite lovely to listen to. Quite annoying to try and sleep to.

Admittedly it's just some low chirping noises but it still gets me annoyed.

• Like 3

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Tired of buying bait, I purchased a cast net (which works like a champ for catching minnows) and then a few weeks ago I started a "worm farm". My wife was planting some flowers and every time she would turn over some dirt; earthworms galore! So I grabbed a bucket, threw some dirt in, and walk behind her scooping them up. Also when it rains enough they bubble to the surface which makes easy pickings. Tossed in some old watermelon about a week ago to get some good biodegradation going. Other than that I have no idea if this worked at all or how quickly earthworms reproduce but today is the grand reveal of my experiment. In my mind, I'm going to dig my hand down to the bottom of the bucket and pull up a teeming mass worms. :biggrin:

• Like 1

Corn, corn, corn. Good lord do I have a lot of it. It grew even better than I could have imagined.

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Alot of birds singing right now, quite lovely to listen to. Quite annoying to try and sleep to.

Admittedly it's just some low chirping noises but it still gets me annoyed.

Yeah, they're going crazy here too :)

Spring turning into to summer lovely time..

Fortune favors the bald.

The green is what really gets me, everything slowly turning green again. Love it.

First wasp of the year flew through my window this "morning" and had me up, awake and alert in about 0.02 seconds flat.

I'm not much of a spring or summer guy, but it is nice to be able to go outside in a leisurely manner again. The effect will probably wear off in a couple of months after it gets hot again, though - I can't stand the heat. :(

Spring means the battle against the ant insurgency begins again.

Edited by Malcador

Been out running for 3 days straight. I can't remember when I last did that. In shorts and t-shirt to boot. That's when you know early summer is here. My eyes are bloody red and my nose is running, though. Damn pollen allergy is killing me. Still, not going to complain.

• Like 2

Last night I slept and dreamed I was sleeping. Let me tell you guys, it was as great as Nick Knatterton always said it'd be.

• Like 1

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

There was a huge argument at the VFW last  night. I'm pleased to say I pretty much started the whole thing.

• Like 2

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell