What are you playing right now

Rosbjerg

It's pretty and the weapons are good, could do with a bit more enemies on screen at the same time for that true DOOM feel though.

Not sure I like all the busywork of upgrades and rune challenges though, I would prefer being given an actual thing each time instead of 1/5 of what I need to buy the next tier. The automap is in 3d, needlessly confusing and zoomed too far in every time you access it, just make it 2d and overlay levels with different colours. I want to know where I am when I press it not what the next bend of the tunnel looks like. 

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

I never got into Sunless Sea.  I'm not sure why it didn't hook me.  I'm not a big Lovecraft guy either though.

I wanted to get into it, but it's super grindy. Very little turns me off like grinding.

For me Sunless Sea didn't really get grindy until after 15 hours or so, at which point I was constantly visiting the same places again and again and seeing the same encounters again and again.  The first 10 hours of the game, though, were amazing, as I was constantly discovering new places and getting new encounters, all while cutting it really close with my money and fuel, sweating bullets on the way back to London.  The setting and writing is what carried the game for me.  The writing is just so damn great and the setting so bizarre that reading the bajillion lines text was a real pleasure.  The game lost me when it became apparent that it would take insane amounts of grinding to get the necessary vessel and goodies to get to the end game stuff, at which point I gave up on it and never returned.  Still, I don't regret buying or playing the game one bit.  The money and time I spend was completely worth it for the first 10 hours of wonder.

• Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I see myself giving Sunless Sea another shot someday.  I think I need to be in a certain headspace, or at least be prepared to do a good amount of reading.  But many games are like that, I often put them down and come back under better circumstances.

• Like 1

The game lost me when it became apparent that it would take insane amounts of grinding to get the necessary vessel and goodies to get to the end game stuff, at which point I gave up on it and never returned.  Still, I don't regret buying or playing the game one bit.  The money and time I spend was completely worth it for the first 10 hours of wonder.

I think the game is designed for player to get by without doing much grinding well enough, in fact, one of my more perceptive friends managed to put like 40 hours into it and grind was "just" some 3, 4 out of those according to his words - but he's the kind of person who remembers absolutely everything and makes ALL the connections when it comes to stories, so he managed to find a lot more than I did.

I think a wee bit more handholding would actually help the game, along with more information accessible trough UI such as which items can be bought in which ports and which ports still have open stories, stuff like that - purely because a lot of people, including me at one point, hit a spot where it seems there's just not much more to do than just trading runs and port reports, even when there's still a ton of things to do they've quite simply not unlocked (hell, there's a whole bunch of alternate endings in the game)

I do hope that added space for exploration in Zubmariner will help alleviate the tendency to grind somewhat, after all, it adds a bunch of new things to explore.

Tried Tom Clancy's End War. It wasn't my cup of tea.

Tried Datura. It wasn't my cup of tea.

Played more Ni No Kuni and having fun. I'm probably nearing the end. Beat a boss that could have very well been the last one, but I will play along and smack more baddies in the head.

Continued to play Crusader Kings 1 Complete (playing Hungary). After getting into alliance with Byzantine Empire, one of my one province vassals decided to declare war on them. What a retard. Anyway I have decided to stand by my vassal and **** hit the fan. My maximum manpower would be around 300,000 and Byzantines around 250,000. So the war started. After a while they crushed my vassal and I have slowly set all of my troops to Byzantine territory. To make it short, the war lasted for more than 10 years, and me and my vassals spent ****loads of ducats on the army upkeep. The only result of my stupid vassal was liberating back his province and one small province near the Black See for me. /facepalm. Getting more than that in the peace deal was impossible.

I was also able to liberate two more provinces from small vassal war near the permanent terra incognita, and with it I was able to create the title of King of Rus :D

So starting as a small County of Gemer, I have moved my ranks to become the Duchy of Nitra, my current ruler is now King of Hungary, King of Croatia and King of Rus :D

• Like 2

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

And after Crusader Kings, I went for online Trophy hunting for Soulcalibur 5. The servers are ghost town, but that's way it is easier to find your friends online. Managed to achieve 9 online trophies in 6 hours. Still missing 4 online Trophies and 1 offline trophy, which is easier to achieve when playing online.

I hope I can finish it tomorrow right after lunch. And then three crazy hard offline trophies against AI opponents, and I should be done with the game for good. But, that's lighter to said, than done :( We'll see.

• Like 1

Continued to play Crusader Kings 1 Complete (playing Hungary). After getting into alliance with Byzantine Empire, one of my one province vassals decided to declare war on them. What a retard. Anyway I have decided to stand by my vassal and **** hit the fan. My maximum manpower would be around 300,000 and Byzantines around 250,000. So the war started. After a while they crushed my vassal and I have slowly set all of my troops to Byzantine territory. To make it short, the war lasted for more than 10 years, and me and my vassals spent ****loads of ducats on the army upkeep. The only result of my stupid vassal was liberating back his province and one small province near the Black See for me. /facepalm. Getting more than that in the peace deal was impossible.

I was also able to liberate two more provinces from small vassal war near the permanent terra incognita, and with it I was able to create the title of King of Rus :D

So starting as a small County of Gemer, I have moved my ranks to become the Duchy of Nitra, my current ruler is now King of Hungary, King of Croatia and King of Rus :D

Those are stories, worth telling   :grin: . Besides Divinity: Original Sin AGAIN (after my fifth playthrough it will be enough. Finally) I started Invisble Inc. and already liked it so far.

I went all the way back to the very starting area in Axiom Verge and combed all the early areas of the game for places I couldn't (or just didn't) reach before.  There were quite a few of them.  I didn't find anything revolutionary down the new paths I was now able to access (there are still some places I can't cross too), but I did find a couple range upgrades and a bunch of health and power node fragments, which eventually add up to health and power upgrades.  Hopefully none of the remaining boss fights are as frustrating as Gir-Tab, but if they are, I'm going to need all the health and power upgrades I can get my grubby little hands on.  I also keep finding what seem to be journals of some sort, but I can't read them because they're either in languages I can't understand or encrypted.  Hopefully I get a translator/decryption tool eventually.  Now that I've combed all the old areas, it's time to explore some completely new locations.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

There is no scenery more beautiful to me than the Sonoran Desert

I realize I'm probably only one out of maybe three or four, and I'm being generous here, who feel that way or have the same disfunction/condition

well, am agreeing with you IF you are speaking of late february until mid april.

'course we got a similar dysfunction as home will always be the Badlands. 

perhaps am a bit off-topic.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

This is what happens when I get distracted doing all the side quests I come upon in the Witcher 3.  My character's now level 16 (soon to be 17) as I finish off main quests that are designed for level 12 characters.

• Like 2

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Kentucky Route Zero is on sale for 35 more hours. Bought this along with ShadowgateGods Will Be Watching and Splatter.

I am reserving a special time for Kentucky Route Zero, that game looks and sounds so awesome. It went through a very weird development cycle but the 4th episode came out just recently. Apparently the game is being made by two people.

• Like 1

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

I played through the first episode and thought it was really interesting. Its fairly a ambiguous, post-modernish story with minimal interactivity but I've yet to finally sit down and play the second one (along with the rest)

• Like 1

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

Kentucky Route Zero is on sale for 35 more hours. 

That game is at the very top of my list of games I want to play, but, as is my policy with episodic games, I'm not touching it until all episodes are out.  Given the pace at which episodes have come out thus far, 2018 seems likely for the 5th and final episode.  I'll buy and play it then.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

I don't know why, but KOTOR 2 makes me laugh (in a good way) so often. just now I installed the pacifist package into HK-47, and what happened next caught me by surprise :lol: 

too bad you can't leave him like that

• Like 1
Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Just finished all Soulcalibur 5 online Trophies. Complete time to finish them was 5 and half hour. Most of them spent waiting on opponent to connect :'( Game is 82% complete, with one trophy in Legendary mode and 115 Quick battles to go for 3 more trophies and few more grinding one. We'll see how long it will take me to get all of these. Going to take a nap now :p

Well, I received this game as a gift from friends. And Trophies are my Kryptonite. I wanted to get all of the online trophies away from the list as soon as possible, before they turn off the servers. It is unbelievable, but I find trophy gathering pretty fun, most of the time. Well except Lightning Returns: FFXIII, which I really hated to play :-/

Kentucky Route Zero is pretty awesome for as far as I was able to play it. At some point there had been some kind of puzze that I just couldn't get past. Didn't looked it up and at some point completely forgot about it. Will pick it up again at some point, though. Really loving the atmosphere and stuff.

• Like 1

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Made it to 50 with my starfleet captain in STO. Kinda odd that that is when the actual MMO content opens up, though the mission to unlock the iconian gateway with Worf was pretty sweet.

Edited by Oerwinde
  • Like 1
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Took a break from all the jrpgs and played God of War: Ghost of Sparta. Kratos is an evil d**k. Nothing out of the ordinary for him, though. It's really impressive graphically for being a PSP game. I'm surprised my system doesn't explode in my face.

• Like 1

Bought NHL16 for dirt cheap (the new one just came out).  I have a love/hate relationship with hockey video games.  I find I can never get the perfect balance in scoring.  It's either near impossible to score, or I can score 7 or 8 goals per game with ease.  I can't seem to find the middle ground to mirror actual hockey.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Kentucky Route Zero is proving to be an amazing game. Must play for any Twin Peaks/David Lynch fans but that's not all. Some of the puzzles are so cleverly designed. It is a very impressive job for a two man team.

Edited by Katphood

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.