What are you playing right now

Rosbjerg

Exciting times for me in Axiom Verge.  Not too long ago I was pretty stuck in the game and couldn't figure out where to go or how to get back to earlier areas of the game and spent a good hour or more just wandering aimlessly.  Eventually I figured it out, then I got stuck on a crappy boss fight, got past that with the help of a cheese tactic I found online, then finally acquired the grapple which allowed me to reach a host of places I couldn't before (and to go back to earlier areas).  Now I have so many new places to visit it's almost overwhelming, which is great because I love exploring in this game.  I also got a new gun, but I've yet to see the value in it.

• Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I've had my new computer for two weeks and it is already doing my head in. I have to send it in because it keeps crashing. last crash was when I played breach and Clear. I'm giving it one last shot, playing games todat, but sending it in next week just to be sure.

Bought South Park: The Stick of Truth and Akiba's Trip durng the PSN Flash Sale. Can't wait to play them!

Exciting times for me in Axiom Verge.  Not too long ago I was pretty stuck in the game and couldn't figure out where to go or how to get back to earlier areas of the game and spent a good hour or more just wandering aimlessly.  Eventually I figured it out, then I got stuck on a crappy boss fight, got past that with the help of a cheese tactic I found online, then finally acquired the grapple which allowed me to reach a host of places I couldn't before (and to go back to earlier areas).  Now I have so many new places to visit it's almost overwhelming, which is great because I love exploring in this game.  I also got a new gun, but I've yet to see the value in it.

I have to try Axiom Verge sooner or later. I just recently found out that I always need my fix of 2D platformer/Metroidvania game.

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

only to be disappointed that my Witcher 2 outcomes weren't included.

You mean as opposed to the alternative where Witcher 3 respects and reacts to your decisions so perfectly? :-P

Well, one character seems to not appear if you go with the default W2 import, and there's a pretty cool quest associated with the character that I'd like to be able to do.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

What I play right now? Nothing in particular, but I can tell you what I'll be playing in a couple of weeks.

I've preordered Civ VI Deluxe, since the Civ franchise has provided me with some of the best gaming experiences I can recall.

And then I'll be playing Dishonored 2 - the game seems to be an absolute stunner from what I can tell from all the teaser vids and such.

Soon, long-lasting gaming bliss will ensue. :)

• Like 1

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

I have to try Axiom Verge sooner or later. I just recently found out that I always need my fix of 2D platformer/Metroidvania game.

I highly recommend it.  Outside of the Gir-Tab fight, I've enjoyed pretty much every minute of the game so far (even wandering aimlessly for an hour, that's part of the metroidvania process).  It's the best Metroid fix you can get outside of a Nintendo platform and, given that Samus Aran has quite possibly been retired to solely doing Smash Bros appearances going forward, it's likely the best Metroid fix you can get on any platform going forward.  Also, the soundtrack is really good.

• Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Level 32 now with my starfleet captain in Star Trek Online. Bit the bullet and bought some of their horribly overpriced in game currency so I could sell some keys for energy credits, grabbed playable federation Klingons and one of the uniform packs too. Pissed I forgot that FTP players have limited energy credit space and lost the entire proceeds of one of my sold keys. I broke down and subscribed though, so now I have the extra bridge officer slots and energy credit storage.

20-30 bucks each for the good ships is pretty ridiculous though.

Edited by Oerwinde
  • Like 1
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I got to Anor Londo in Dark Souls, Soul Level 64. I think I'm done with the game. Its a good game, great level design - nowhere near as hard as the internet will have you believe. Its basically normal difficulty of a 90's game - without the cushion of today's permanent checkpoint abuse, invisible walls over blocking death falls, enemies that don't roll over when the player shows up, health that doesn't regenerate etc. Nothing really hard in itself. The fact that its considered 'hard' says more about today's gamers than the game itself.

• Like 3

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

I got to Anor Londo in Dark Souls, Soul Level 64. I think I'm done with the game. Its a good game, great level design - nowhere near as hard as the internet will have you believe. Its basically normal difficulty of a 90's game - without the cushion of today's permanent checkpoint abuse, invisible walls over blocking death falls, enemies that don't roll over when the player shows up, health that doesn't regenerate etc. Nothing really hard in itself. The fact that its considered 'hard' says more about today's gamers than the game itself.

Though you may be overleveled but the next boss fight is one of the game highlights and some of the best areas lie ahead like the Painted World of Ariamis, Duke's Archives and Oolacile.

The core gameplay is not holding me. Too much repetitive combat and too little exposition of value for a game that's already 20+ hours long. Nine times out of ten I can just smack R2 at the appropriate time with the Zweihander and then do it again while they're still getting up, one shotting or two shotting everything - but never so carelessly that I can just breeze through it to see what happens next. So I'm sort of forced to pay attention to something that's not really engaging on a quest that hasn't really gone anywhere for over twenty hours.

I'm all for minimalism, but if its only the environments and the combat telling the story then it must take care not to get a little overdone and in typical Japanese fashion, they just didn't know when to stop.... or start making sense. 

Still much better than anything I played in recent memory, I'll give them that.

• Like 1

The fact that its considered 'hard' says more about today's gamers than the game itself.

To be fair, I'd even consider Doom 2016 on Nightmare to be significantly more challenging than Dark Souls, it's just most other games (including Doom) give you difficulty settings - which, true enough, older titles did not contain at all

Freedom Planet needs to be bought! Don't mind paying 15 bucks for this at all.

Freedom Planet is really good.  If you'd like to revisit the glory days of side-scrolling games on the Genesis, and not just a game that looks like a Genesis game but also understands proper level design, this is a game you should play.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

The core gameplay is not holding me. Too much repetitive combat and too little exposition of value for a game that's already 20+ hours long. Nine times out of ten I can just smack R2 at the appropriate time with the Zweihander and then do it again while they're still getting up, one shotting or two shotting everything - but never so carelessly that I can just breeze through it to see what happens next. So I'm sort of forced to pay attention to something that's not really engaging on a quest that hasn't really gone anywhere for over twenty hours.

I'm all for minimalism, but if its only the environments and the combat telling the story then it must take care not to get a little overdone and in typical Japanese fashion, they just didn't know when to stop.... or start making sense. 

Still much better than anything I played in recent memory, I'll give them that.

Most of the games lore and background story is hidden in item descriptions. Also pretty sure you haven't met Quelaana and spoke to Quelaag in Blighttown, who also have some lines of dialogue. I really like to gather every bit of information in the Souls games, getting every weapon, armor, spell and every possible line of dialogue to get a sense of the bigger picture and the games story. This kind of storytelling feels very refreshing compared to todays's cinematic storytelling in games.

Level 32 now with my starfleet captain in Star Trek Online. Bit the bullet and bought some of their horribly overpriced in game currency so I could sell some keys for energy credits, grabbed playable federation Klingons and one of the uniform packs too. Pissed I forgot that FTP players have limited energy credit space and lost the entire proceeds of one of my sold keys. I broke down and subscribed though, so now I have the extra bridge officer slots and energy credit storage.

I ended up subbing when I played it because I found the f2p really restrictive and don't get me started on their cash store, decent stuff but wildly overpriced

Free games updated 3/4/21

I ended up subbing when I played it because I found the f2p really restrictive and don't get me started on their cash store, decent stuff but wildly overpriced

I am enjoying it enough that I wish I had the 300 bucks for a lifetime sub in order to get the cnaptains yacht and former borg race, but then I realize I will likely tire of it in two months like all the other mmos I've played, so it wouldn't be worth it. There is a lot of content for a noob though. I am especially enjoying the Romulan path. Better storytelling than the federation, that seems to be jamming time travel in everywhere as an excuse to have the original series characters. The TalShiar are a pretty cartoony villain though.

• Like 1
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I'm trying to be faithful to Triss, but it's oh so hard (pardon the pun).

I friend-zoned Triss in my Witcher games, mind you I don't have 3 yet. Shani is the woman for me. These sorceresses are a bit too crazy for my liking.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Yeah, she's all flaky and temperamental.

Opting for the less feminist option. :D

Edited by Drowsy Emperor