Music. Must. Go on!

Gorth

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z64HCi2rQkE

(

) - Chant III - Reincarnation

A ga maeba, kuwashime yoinikeri Because I had danced, the beautiful lady was enchanted

A ga maeba, terutsuki toyomunari Because I had danced, the shining moon echoed

Yobai ni, kami amakudarite Proposing marriage, the god shall descend

Yo wa ake, nuedori naku The night clears away and the chimera bird will sing

A ga maeba, kuwashime yoinikeri Because I had danced, the beautiful lady was enchanted

Toh kami, emi tame The distant god may give us the precious blessing!

(05:00) - The Ballade of Puppets: Flowers Grieve and Fall

Hitohi hitoyo ni tsuki wa terazutomo The moon fails to shine down on either day or night

Kanashimi ni nuetori naku And the night bird calls out in sadness

A ga kaeri misuredo hana wa chirinubeshi When I turn to look, the flowers had all fallen away

Nagusamuru kokoro wa kenuru ga gotoku It was as if all comfort had vanished from the world

Aratayo ni kamutsudoite As the gods leave to gather in the new world

Yo wa ake nuetori naku Day breaks, and the night bird calls out

Saku hana wa kami ni koinomu The blossoms beseech the gods

Ikeru yo ni a ga mi kanashimo "Even though in this world we may know grief and suffering,"

Ime wa kenu uramite chiru "Our dreams shall never die," and they fall from the branch in anger

(08:34) - The Ballade of Puppets: The Ghost Awaits in the World Beyond

Kagiroi wa yomi nu matamuto "Please let the dawn be waiting in the underworld"

Ikeru yo ni a ga mi kanashimo "Even though in this world we may know grief and suffering"

Ime wa kenu uramite chiru "Our dreams shall never die" and they fall from the branch in anger

Uramite chiru And they fall from the branch in anger

Momoyo no kanashiki tokoyami ni In the sad perpetual darkness of a hundred nights

Kaiko no komuyo wo sumekami ni nomu They pray to the gods of the land for the egg of the next world to be born

Edited by Raithe
  • Like 4

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z64HCi2rQkE

(00:00) - Chant III - Reincarnation

(05:00) - The Ballade of Puppets: Flowers Grieve and Fall

Hitohi hitoyo ni tsuki wa terazutomo The moon fails to shine down on either day or night

Kanashimi ni nuetori naku And the night bird calls out in sadness

A ga kaeri misuredo hana wa chirinubeshi When I turn to look, the flowers had all fallen away

Nagusamuru kokoro wa kenuru ga gotoku It was as if all comfort had vanished from the world

Aratayo ni kamutsudoite As the gods leave to gather in the new world

Yo wa ake nuetori naku Day breaks, and the night bird calls out

Ikeru yo ni a ga mi kanashimo "Even though in this world we may know grief and suffering,"

Ime wa kenu uramite chiru "Our dreams shall never die," and they fall from the branch in anger

(08:34) - The Ballade of Puppets: The Ghost Awaits in the World Beyond

Ikeru yo ni a ga mi kanashimo "Even though in this world we may know grief and suffering"

Ime wa kenu uramite chiru "Our dreams shall never die" and they fall from the branch in anger

Uramite chiru And they fall from the branch in anger

Momoyo no kanashiki tokoyami ni In the sad perpetual darkness of a hundred nights

Kaiko no komuyo wo sumekami ni nomu They pray to the gods of the land for the egg of the next world to be born

That's Kawai himself on percussion, isn't it? (I don't mean the solo percussionist, mind, rather the dude on 0:10.)

Edited by algroth

My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/alephg

Currently playing: Roadwarden

That's Kawai himself on percussion, isn't it? (I don't mean the solo percussionist, mind, rather the dude on 0:10.)

I do believe so...

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Edited by Bartimaeus

I really like his stuff, there are some misses, but overall he's got some great video game themed songs.

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

• Like 1

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra