US Election 2016, part III

Pidesco

Problem is voting Trump basically means voting Pence who'll have to do all the work.

You are grossly mistaken if you think Trump is taking a backseat to Pence, or would take a backseat to anyone for that matter.

Cruz, Bush etc. are sore loosers they all lost to Trump and should either shut it or support him. 

Why? They are free to choose what they say and not say and they are free to give their support or not to give their support to people running president. It is after all meant to be free country where you can opposite majority's views. But maybe Turkey has it right and silencing everybody that speaks against president is they way to go in democracies. 

Cruz swore an oath to support the republican nominee. To betray a sworn oath is despicable. 

The irony is that the republican establishment was angry that Trump hesitated to make that oath. We see now why Cruz didn't hesitate to make it; because when he makes an oath Cruz has no intention of honoring it if he doesn't feel like it.

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

Anyone else sick of Republicans and Democrats yet? You do have other options you know.

I look forward to the day when you realize the Libertarian Party is an option no different than the Republican or Democrat party. All are thoroughly corrupt.

My hope is that day is before you kick yourself hard for not realizing it sooner.

Also, whether you like Trump (or Bernie when he was in the race) or not, neither was an establishment candidate, and neither could be said to be a run of the mill Republican/Democrat (hence the great deal of shenanigans by both parties to prevent said candidates from winning the nomination (as well as the plethora of anti-Trump and pro Clinton propaganda from most of the main stream media). The Libertarian Party's candidate is much more establishment than both of them. So much so it's probably safe to say that Johnson will get more protest votes from former (or just vacationing (like Bush)) Republicans/Dems than he will get votes from actual libertarians (people who adhere much to that philosophy, not party members) this go around. As imperfect as Trump is, he'll get more votes from the Ron Paul/libertarian crowd (a man who also ran Republican and who happened to be a lot more libertarian and anti-establishment than Johnson), and for good reason.

I suggest you watch and listen to Thiel's speech tonight. While I can't be certain what he'll say, he's definitely a prominent libertarian who is pro Trump. And Trump gave him a prime time spot to speak.....

Also, read this:

http://www.cato-unbound.org/2009/04/13/peter-thiel/education-libertarian (a few years old, but most of it still rings true)

Thiel has a better handle than most on the lay of the land in politics and the world. I agree with much of his sentiment in that essay an have observed much the same as he, especially the first half of it (until he gets to solutions). You are fighting a losing battle if you think voting the Libertarian Party today or for tomorrow will ever amount to anything good.

Edited by Valsuelm

Thats not really the point, its unprecedented to see this degree of people refusing to support the final Republican candidate (

Except that is not what is happening among Republicans.  Trump is garnering support from 85% of Republicans according to 538.    So there might be a very vocal minority of Republicans in the #NeverTrump camp but it IS a minority Bruce.    

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/gop-voters-are-rallying-behind-trump-as-if-he-were-any-other-candidate/

That solid base in his party is giving Trump a foundation that will at the very least keep the election gap to single digits.  Clinton is having her own problems getting Independents (ex-Sanderites) on board, which gives Trump a chance to win. 

What I mean  is it normal for members of the Republican establishment, like we see now, to not endorse the final candidate 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Problem is voting Trump basically means voting Pence who'll have to do all the work.

You are grossly mistaken if you think Trump is taking a backseat to Pence, or would take a backseat to anyone for that matter.

Allegedly he made such an offer to Kasich where he'd be a backseat 'Chairman of the Board' President to Kasich's 'Chief Executive' VP. Whether it's actually true or not who knows, but Kasich would be a better choice than Pence and is in a critical state that Trump pretty much has to win. Withholding the Republican infrastructure there would asterisk Trump over, badly, so the offer is at least plausible.

Allegedly he made such an offer to Kasich where he'd be a backseat 'Chairman of the Board' President to Kasich's 'Chief Executive' VP. Whether it's actually true or not who knows, but Kasich would be a better choice than Pence and is in a critical state that Trump pretty much has to win. Withholding the Republican infrastructure there would asterisk Trump over, badly, so the offer is at least plausible.

Kasich would have been a worse choice for Trump than Cruz would have been. He's a twit to put it nicely. Out of the ~17-18 candidates who ran, only Bush and Santorum were less electable at the national level.

The convention is in his own state, and he was the last candidate in the race to bow out, yet he didn't have the balls/decency/taste/whatever to show up for it.

All other criteria aside, you need to choose a VP candidate you can work with. Kasich is not that guy for Trump, and probably most everyone else that doesn't ooze slime.

Whatever Pence is (my verdict is still out), I've no doubt Trump chose someone he could work with.

Oh... and whoever made that allegation is either legitimately retarded or attempting to plant seeds of destruction.

Edited by Valsuelm

Val, I know EXACTLY what the LP is and what it isn't. Probably better than you realize. My association with them has not been limited to voting when all the other options are unpalatable. I actually ran for office in Florida in 1996 as a Libertarian candidate. If I were to describe their organization in those days I would use words like "dysfunctional". Things have improved since. These days it is becoming something it has never been in it's entire 45 year history; an actual political movement. Not a big one by any means. and not one ready to become a national player. Far from it. It still has a a lot of pseudo-anarchists, 50 year old adolescents, and folks who are single issue "legalize all drugs maaaaannn" members. But it also has a higher percentage of people who genuinely believe an oppressive, heave handed government that has completely broken free from it's constitutional checks is a serious danger to our lives and liberties. 

Now the Republicans might agree with that notion for the most part. They want to government to leave business alone and stay out of churches and gun closets. But then they turn around and ask that same government to stop a gay couple from getting married or a college kid watching TV from smoking a joint.

The Democrats might be ok with the latter two choices but they seem to believe we should all be humbly supplicating ourselves to an almighty government for every other decision in life. The Democrats believe the government should tell us what we can watch (FEC vs Citizens United), what radios shows we can listen to (The Fairness Doctrine), what websites we are permitted to visit (http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/fec-chair-warns-that-conservative-media-like-drudge-report-and-sean-hannity-face-regulation-like-pacs/article/2548163) what books we are permitted to read (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/books/booknews/9729383/Catcher-in-the-Rye-dropped-from-US-school-curriculum.html) where our kids are permitted to attend school, what they lean, and of course making sure they are not learning from their parent. Basically they dream of a world where 1984 is a history book rather than a work of fiction. 

Both major parties are dreaming of using the apparatus of government to solve all they see as problems but only one party is talking about, as Reagan reminded us, that the government IS the problem. 

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

L O L !!!!!

The Uygar Perspective

The Jones Perspective ( a bit more comprehensive)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_m-42A37zxM

Yeah! Sure told Alex Jones! Did you see that guy calling the other guy a liar? Did you hear the girl totally owning him by calling him a fat loser and a bitch! Wooooo! 

No really, what a bunch of children. If a guy you don't like shows up with a ****-eating grin on his face and talks like your drunk uncle on christmas, you better not lose your cool, because you will end up looking worse than he does.

• Like 1

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Turns out that he wasn't bull****ting, he was actually spat upon.

Z0Iy2FV.jpg

Did anyone btw watch Trump's speech? Any good?

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Z0Iy2FV.jpg

Just started watching, but apparently even devoted #NeverTrump people thought it was one of the best speeches in recent republican history.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Saw/ listened to some of Trump's speech. Was... OK. Did some obvious good stuff like play on Hillary's really stupid slogan ("I'm with her" -> "I'm with you"; such an obvious rephrasing but you still have to hit the weak lobs) and proclaimed himself defender of the LGBTQ community in the face of muslim extremism, which got a surprisingly large cheer and probably his best unscripted follow up remark too. Quite a lot of Trumpisms despite it being scripted. Lots of how terrible Hillary is too, of course. Mentioned Sanders fairly positively at least once as well.

It was long though, must have been well over an hour since I had an hour long drive in the middle of it and there was still at least 15 minutes left once I'd finished; so I wouldn't recommend actually watching it.

Z0Iy2FV.jpg

Just started watching, but apparently even devoted #NeverTrump people thought it was one of the best speeches in recent republican history.

Saw/ listened to some of Trump's speech. Was... OK. Did some obvious good stuff like play on Hillary's really stupid slogan ("I'm with her" -> "I'm with you"; such an obvious rephrasing but you still have to hit the weak lobs) and proclaimed himself defender of the LGBTQ community in the face of muslim extremism, which got a surprisingly large cheer and probably his best unscripted follow up remark too. Quite a lot of Trumpisms despite it being scripted. Lots of how terrible Hillary is too, of course. Mentioned Sanders fairly positively at least once as well.

It was long though, must have been well over an hour since I had an hour long drive in the middle of it and there was still at least 15 minutes left once I'd finished; so I wouldn't recommend actually watching it.

Thanks!

I am in for a longer flight within the next couple of days, i might as well watch it during that.

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

wtf is going on in US, you guys are crazy about politics xD. And who the ef is Alex Jones and what was this all about?

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

wtf is going on in US, you guys are crazy about politics xD. And who the ef is Alex Jones and what was this all about?

The Young Turks are the more extreme moron Youtube version of MSNBC, Alex Jones is a crazy conspiracy theorist that runs kind of a Youtube Libertarian Fox News and somehow has way better production values than TYT.

Basically TYT is everything thats wrong with the leftist media, and Alex Jones is everything thats wrong with right-wing media.

• Like 1
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

It was normal Trump demagoguery. I find much of what he says insincere, he had his normal crowds of clapping  sycophants...most of those people would cheer and  clap if Trump said " you people are all fools and I hate you  "   :biggrin:

He is also  trying really hard to mend the damage he has done with women in the USA so we have to listen to his daughter and other lady friends constantly sayings irritating things like " My Dad was the best dad and use to write me positive notes for school  ....he was always so supportive of me and other women " 

Its theater for me and false , he has offended far to many women when it suited him and he will pay the price in the election ...his family cant save him and the sexist reputation he has  :yes:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

The Young Turks are the more extreme moron Youtube version of MSNBC, Alex Jones is a crazy conspiracy theorist that runs kind of a Youtube Libertarian Fox News and somehow has way better production values than TYT.

Basically TYT is everything thats wrong with the leftist media, and Alex Jones is everything thats wrong with right-wing media.

I think best way to describe them is that they are something that you get when you take worst bunch of traditional leftist and right wing media and cut that final string of fact checking and substitute it with great amount of emotional bull****.

• Like 1

I always thought Americans to be kind of definists

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

I think best way to describe them is that they are something that you get when you take worst bunch of traditional leftist and right wing media and cut that final string of fact checking and substitute it with great amount of emotional bull****.

Elerond I am glad he also annoys you ...and also he keeps telling people how rich and successful he is but he keeps doing it 

Its like he is some kind of child who constantly needs self-vindication 

John Milton 

It was normal Trump demagoguery. I find much of what he says insincere, he had his normal crowds of clapping  sycophants...most of those people would cheer and  clap if Trump said " you people are all fools and I hate you  "   :biggrin:

He is also  trying really hard to mend the damage he has done with women in the USA so we have to listen to his daughter and other lady friends constantly sayings irritating things like " My Dad was the best dad and use to write me positive notes for school  ....he was always so supportive of me and other women " 

Its theater for me and false , he has offended far to many women when it suited him and he will pay the price in the election ...his family cant save him and the sexist reputation he has  :yes:

Well, since the only ones alienated by him are unmarried, childless, left-wing women and men taking care of children that aren't theirs to begin with, as in damaged goods, one can easily say that they have no future in Trump's America and we should pay no heed to them  :yes:

Just a bunch of losers, very sad!

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

YOU GUYS SEE DEM WIKILEAKS EMAILS?

Who woulda thought Hillary and the DNC were crooked? Certainly not I!

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?