mass shooting in orlando

Gromnir

• Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Hm. Trump should make good use of this.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

50 dead? This can't be just something that happened out of the blue. This have to have been carefully planned.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Here we go again.

Next step, overreactions, finger pointing, and backlash against innocent people (we're probably already there).  Then the next step after that is ***holes using this tragedy to further their own agendas and line their pocketbooks.

• Like 2

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

OMG !! 

53 killed and the extremist targeted a gay bar, members of the LGBT are still targeted unreasonably by some  ...I am getting  tired of these types of attacks and the justification for them 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

RIP to those killed.

• Like 1

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

50 dead? This can't be just something that happened out of the blue. This have to have been carefully planned.

Its apparently the highest  number in the USA?

50 may seem an inordinate number but most clubs and gay clubs normally have  lots of people packed into a tight space....so that number can be reasonable 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Bruce is lying again to push agenda. It is very rare for mass shootings to target gay bars.

Also using this to attack gaming is evil. Games did not make the shooter do this. Nor guns. His evilness did.

RIP victims.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

It could have been worse. Apparently this jackass had a bomb vest that either malfunctioned or he didn't have a chance to set off.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Clinton will blame guns, Trump will blame islam, and polygon journalist blames video games.

94K7GfQ.png

Like I said, ***holes will use this to further their agendas and line their pockets.

• Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Bruce is lying again to push agenda. It is very rare for mass shootings to target gay bars.

Also using this to attack gaming is evil. Games did not make the shooter do this. Nor guns. His evilness did.

RIP victims.

Volo this is probably the wrong time for you to try to "catch me " out because you dont understand how certain global dynamics work...this time your ignorance comes across as insensitive and callous

Homosexuality is anathema in the Muslim world ,,,they really reject it and its the death penalty in some ME countries. So you understand how ISIS views it?

So this terrorist would have focused his rage and vitriol and hatred on anything US but also what he personally despises...gay people. So yes this will end up being an attack on the US but also selective targeting of the LGBT community 

John Milton 

Extremists target everybody that their ideology and society schools them to hate and everything that they think will forward their agenda or give them visibility/merit.

Also it seem that both Trump and Clinton have already started to use this horrific act of hate to advertise their policies and candidacies.

I would say that it is safe bet to say that this particular mass murderer's hate towards homosexuals was fueled by his religion and most likely upbringing. In news he is identified as second generation immigrant from Afghan background, so he is most likely grown his hateful self in USA and found ISIS's hateful world view corresponding with that hate, which has lead to his world view become more and more radicalized and given him motivation to plan and carry out his attack against those that he hates.

To me it is senseless act of violence that ended lots of lives that should not have ended. I just hope that it leads changes that make society better for everybody. 

• Like 1

bruce muslim extremists target pretty much everybody.

Yes Volo, we all know that. These Islamic extremists are truly reprehensible but even within  ISIS they have groups they hate more than others. For example captured Sunni Muslims are often released or absorbed..but Yadzis', Coptic Christian and members of the LGBT community would be targeted for execution and murder 

John Milton 

To me it is senseless act of violence that ended lots of lives that should not have ended. I just hope that it leads changes that make society better for everybody. 

That would be nice.  Much more likely it will lead to the polar opposite.  Those with radical views will use this to further erode our already dwindling freedoms, meanwhile the terrorists will continue to hate and kill us just the same.

• Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

So this guy was a registered democrat, had undergone security training, gotten a license for concealed carry and gotten access to extra weaponry. I have to say, the guy sure went through great length to not be registered as the usual suspect by the authorities. 

• Like 2

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

That would be nice.  Much more likely it will lead to the polar opposite.  Those with radical views will use this to further erode our already dwindling freedoms, meanwhile the terrorists will continue to hate and kill us just the same.

Come on, lets not think this will lead to another " now the government will erode our freedoms " rant

The USA has very effective information gathering and the endeavors of the likes of the NSA  and FBI have helped prevent numerous attacks but IMO this will be considered  a " lone wolf " which are very difficult to prevent. So I dont see any new " monitoring of citizens " laws being passed?

John Milton 

This will help Trump in the coming election. Good news for him.

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

Come on, lets not think this will lead to another " now the government will erode our freedoms " rant

The USA has very effective information gathering and the endeavors of the likes of the NSA  and FBI have helped prevent numerous attacks but IMO this will be considered  a " lone wolf " which are very difficult to prevent. So I dont see any new " monitoring of citizens " laws being passed?

I don'r know how much more monitoring Big Brother COULD do. But I'm figuring the Gun Control nuts will come back with new promises of gun bans and gun confiscations. Because clearly the way to punish this is to take the private property away from everyone who did no wrong today. 

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I don't know about Trump of Clinton but I would be sickened if I thought 50 innocent people being murdered was a good thing for me in any way.

Thomas Sowell

I don'r know how much more monitoring Big Brother COULD do. But I'm figuring the Gun Control nuts will come back with new promises of gun bans and gun confiscations. Because clearly the way to punish this is to take the private property away from everyone who did no wrong today. 

Why would anybody want to punish this?

Preventing similar cases, on the other hand, sounds like a reasonable goal.

• Like 1

"Lulz is not the highest aspiration of art and mankind, no matter what the Encyclopedia Dramatica says."

Why would anybody want to punish this?

Preventing similar cases, on the other hand, sounds like a reasonable goal.

So you either punish everyone for something someone else did or you punish everyone for something no one did yet. Either way it amounts to the same thing. You are taking away the property of people who have done nothing wrong. That should even bother YOU.

Thomas Sowell