Gawker found guilty in Hogan Case

BruceVC

I know Bruce can be mercurial, but really this seemed an inconsistency worth pointing out.

The whole point of doing it is so it will be pointed out. That's trolling 101, and Bruce does it all the time.

In all seriousness, Bruce purports to be fine with prostitution and not fine with an open marriage. Even if they were honestly held opinions rather than the forum equivalent of Gawker clickbait (no surprise Bruce would defend them, they're peas in a pod) there's literally no point even arguing with someone that disconnected with reality; the level of cognitive dissonance that would be required to honestly hold both opinions renders it utterly pointless.

I always thought of trolling as intentionally riling people up, not posting logical inconsistencies so someone will point them out.

Learn something new everyday, I guess.

• Like 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Bruce, i think that you have more in common with Qistina than you would like to admit.

If you do not know what i mean, then you have something to ponder about during Easter.

Okay thanks Meshugger, I'll be sure to ponder how similar I am to Qistina over Easter  :rolleyes:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I'm sure I could find  10 %

What was the 10% that was right?

Going through that scathing and egregiously misplaced assessment of me is not something I feel like doing on Easter...later :)

Good thing it isn't Easter for a couple more days.

I know Bruce can be mercurial, but really this seemed an inconsistency worth pointing out.

The whole point of doing it is so it will be pointed out. That's trolling 101, and Bruce does it all the time.

In all seriousness, Bruce purports to be fine with prostitution and not fine with an open marriage. Even if they were honestly held opinions rather than the forum equivalent of Gawker clickbait (no surprise Bruce would defend them, they're peas in a pod) there's literally no point even arguing with someone that disconnected with reality; the level of cognitive dissonance that would be required to honestly hold both opinions renders it utterly pointless.

I always thought of trolling as intentionally riling people up, not posting logical inconsistencies so someone will point them out.

The intent of the troll usually is indeed to rile people up, however the vast majority of the time the average troll is indeed logically inconsistent. It's one of the reasons most are very easily spotted, and the main reason most are also fairly easily shut up.

That aside, Bruce drives a lot of conversation on this forum (20% of the current front page threads were started by him, and that's been the norm since before I started coming here), and definitely has some things in common with a troll, even if unintentional. I've questioned his sincerity myself on a number of occasions, and frankly I'm still not 100% sure he's not a troll of some sorts.

• Like 1

Learn something new everyday, I guess..

The intent of the troll usually is indeed to rile people up, however the vast majority of the time the average troll is indeed logically inconsistent. It's one of the reasons most are very easily spotted, and the main reason most are also fairly easily shut up.

That aside, Bruce drives a lot of conversation on this forum (20% of the current front page threads were started by him, and that's been the norm since before I started coming here), and definitely has some things in common with a troll, even if unintentional. I've questioned his sincerity myself on a number of occasions, and frankly I'm still not 100% sure he's not a troll of some sorts.

:biggrin:  But why would a troll start threads? And yes I was honest when you asked me, I am not a troll....Oby may be

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

:biggrin:  But why would a troll start threads? And yes I was honest when you asked me, I am not a troll....Oby may be

And...

Here's a very good example of why I sometimes think you might just be a troll.

You're either incredibly daft to ask that question, or you're trolling.

If it's the former, think, the answer is obvious if you do. If it's the latter, F off. ;)

And...

Here's a very good example of why I sometimes think you might just be a troll.

You're either incredibly daft to ask that question, or you're trolling.

If it's the former, think, the answer is obvious if you do. If it's the latter, F off. ;)

But once again its not obvious, I have been on these forums for over 3 years and my interests and  motives have been more or less consistant. I like West, free markets and support SJ

I am active in my own threads and through the years I have seen people come and go who use to say I was a troll

So I ask you again....why would a troll with this behavior pattern create threads?

John Milton 

Bruce, i think that you have more in common with Qistina than you would like to admit.

If you do not know what i mean, then you have something to ponder about during Easter.

Okay thanks Meshugger, I'll be sure to ponder how similar I am to Qistina over Easter  :rolleyes:

A genuine, friendly advice met with a passive-aggressive snarl? That's the behaviour of a vindicative *censored*, don't be that low. 

A small hint, check her behaviour (not the content) and compare to yours in this thread. 

Edited by Meshugger

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Well they are getting married.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands

It gets a rise out of people - it's forcing a response. From you, from me, from anyone who sees his pretty freaking constant use of phony logic, from his complete and total lack of even a shred of intellectual honesty and good faith in the vast majority of the topics in this section - and never mind the condescension that's just dripping from way too many of his posts. And no matter how many times this kind of crap is blatantly and forcefully pointed out to him, he keeps doing the same stuff over and over. Trolling? Maybe not - maybe it's just a bad combination of narcissism or narcissist-like behavior and being...well, we don't need to go there. Point is, regardless of what it is, the result is effectively trolling way, way too much of the time...and it's about time it came to a screeching halt. There's good reason the moderating team here considers him a joke, and there's good reason a whole lot of other users, myself included, do, too.

He asked me a few days ago my thoughts of the "vastly new and improved" BruceVC of today were, compared to a few months ago... Like, holy crap, man: you're still doing the same exact sort of crap that I've taken issue with repeatedly, continuously over the past year, year and a half or so...in pretty much every topic you're in. It's really gotten old. I've come to the conclusion that even if he wanted to change, he likely can't, because generally speaking, you need to be able to recognize what's wrong with your behavior before you can actively try to change it...and it's clear that he can't even get that far - no matter what we say, we can't make him see the problem. So...to the ignore list it is, and then the attempt to not click too many of the "view this post anyway" buttons, for the sake of my own sanity, and for the sake of my free time.

Edited by Bartimaeus
  • Like 3

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

A genuine, friendly advice met with a passive-aggressive snarl? That's the behaviour of a vindicative *censored*, don't be that low. 

A small hint, check her behaviour (not the content) and compare to yours in this thread. 

Well I hardy interacted with Qistina....she seemed to like me which I found a little odd because she hardly knew me...but remember when she compared me to her Scottish guy friend. I started staying away after that and you guys seemed obsessed to endlessly debate with her ....and you stopped  up despite the fact she seemed to always have another anti-western view

Did you really enjoy debating with her ,,,I found it tiresome 

John Milton 

Obviously tone is hard to convey in a post, but it seems a bit disingenuous to call your statement genuine, friendly advice.  It also doesn't contain any advice whatsoever.  

As for Bruce, I think many of you simply take him too seriously too often.  Like Volo, his posts are best read with a judicious helping of salt. 

edit:  I should probably add that I'm terrible at taking my own voice, and I've let Volo get under my skin too many times to count.  :p

Edited by Hurlshot
  • Like 2

Well I hardy interacted with Qistina....she seemed to like me which I found a little odd because she hardly knew me...but remember when she compared me to her Scottish guy friend. I started staying away after that and you guys seemed obsessed to endlessly debate with her ....and you stopped  up despite the fact she seemed to always have another anti-western view

Of course she likes you. You may be her polar opposite in terms of world view but in every other way you're kindred spirits. Seriously, lob off your foreskin and dance away to Malaysia, imagine living your life with your soulmate, and you can even have lengthy debates on the worth of the West, and Muslims, and social justice to boot.

Don't fight it, live it! ;)

edit:

As for the statement of debating with her being tiresome and that she always had "another" view at the ready, I'll leave it to Bartimaeus to post a picture. I hope he clicks on this post of yours anyway, because this is much better than your post about Volo. :dancing:

Edited by majestic
  • Like 1

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

As for the statement of debating with her being tiresome and that she always had "another" view at the ready, I'll leave it to Bartimaeus to post a picture. I hope he clicks on this post of yours anyway, because this is much better than your post about Volo. :dancing:

sYCWgJg.png

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

It gets a rise out of people - it's forcing a response. From you, from me, from anyone who sees his pretty freaking constant use of phony logic, from his complete and total lack of even a shred of intellectual honesty and good faith in the vast majority of the topics in this section - and never mind the condescension that's just dripping from way too many of his posts. And no matter how many times this kind of crap is blatantly and forcefully pointed out to him, he keeps doing the same stuff over and over. Trolling? Maybe not - maybe it's just a bad combination of narcissism or narcissist-like behavior and being...well, we don't need to go there. Point is, regardless of what it is, the result is effectively trolling way, way too much of the time...and it's about time it came to a screeching halt. There's good reason the moderating team here considers him a joke, and there's good reason a whole lot of other users, myself included, do, too.

He asked me a few days ago my thoughts of the "vastly new and improved" BruceVC of today were, compared to a few months ago... Like, holy crap, man: you're still doing the same exact sort of crap that I've taken issue with repeatedly, continuously over the past year, year and a half or so...in pretty much every topic you're in. It's really gotten old. I've come to the conclusion that even if he wanted to change, he likely can't, because generally speaking, you need to be able to recognize what's wrong with your behavior before you can actively try to change it...and it's clear that he can't even get that far - no matter what we say, we can't make him see the problem. So...to the ignore list it is, and then the attempt to not click too many of the "view this post anyway" buttons, for the sake of my own sanity, and for the sake of my free time.

Barti I cant get angry with you.....you make me laugh too much :lol:

Barti you really misunderstand me but I did explain this earlier....not sure why we even debating this? I debate from a RL etiquette  so I dont really understand these Internet stereotypes like Troll or thinking I'm being condescending ....imagine I was standing in front of you...thats why I'm always polite and for the record I'm not being egregiously and obscenely polite....I have serious sales responsibilities  at  work so you learn to be naturally polite...its not hard to be polite?

And what do you mean  "And no matter how many times this kind of crap is blatantly and forcefully pointed out to him, he keeps doing the same stuff over and over "...Barti are you  smoking some goooooooooood weed? No one has ever done that ..people insult me or make inexplicable comments that arent relevant like   " you need to think about Qistina " ( like I have ever given her more than 2 seconds )

Sorry Barti but your story is mostly epic fail...maybe you can actually find some examples of " all this advice that was given to me "

Post the links...come on ...I dare you  :dancing: Oh I did receive a warning from the Mods and we had a constructive discussion around this and my whole forum etiquette started improving.The Mods are fair here so if they ask something  I always try to adhere to it...so another epic fail Barti because I was the new BrucevC...and anyway why is asking how I am doing considered so vexing/?

But I would like Amentep to comment but lets not try to influence him ..let him make his own mind up 

John Milton 

Barti I cant get angry with you.....you make me laugh too much :lol:

Barti you really misunderstand me but I did explain this earlier....not sure why we even debating this? I debate from a RL etiquette so I dont really understand these Internet stereotypes like Troll or thinking I'm being condescending ....imagine I was standing in front of you...thats why I'm always polite and for the record I'm not being egregiously and obscenely polite....I have serious sales responsibilities at work so you learn to be naturally polite...its not hard to be polite?

And what do you mean "And no matter how many times this kind of crap is blatantly and forcefully pointed out to him, he keeps doing the same stuff over and over "...Barti are you smoking some goooooooooood weed? No one has ever done that ..people insult me or make inexplicable comments that arent relevant like " you need to think about Qistina " ( like I have ever given her more than 2 seconds )

Sorry Barti but your story is mostly epic fail...maybe you can actually find some examples of " all this advice that was given to me "

Post the links...come on ...I dare you :dancing: Oh I did receive a warning from the Mods and we had a constructive discussion around this and my whole forum etiquette started improving.The Mods are fair here so if they ask something I always try to adhere to it...so another epic fail Barti because I was the new BrucevC...and anyway why is asking how I am doing considered so vexing/?

But I would like Amentep to comment but lets not try to influence him ..let him make his own mind up

gr8 b8 m8 i r8 8/8

never change bruce

actually wait

please do

Edited by Bartimaeus

Seriously, it takes so much more work to refute your constant stream of infantile bullcrap than it does for you to write it, as was just made patently clear by your post above. I wish there were some sort of "super ignore list", where I couldn't even see the "view this post anyway" button on your posts, and couldn't even see quotes other people have made of you. Guess I just have to start exercising self-control.

• Like 1

A-a-a-ah. That's got nothing to do what i am talking about. I am talking about your shared similarities, but you seem to be willfully ignorant of them.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Obviously tone is hard to convey in a post, but it seems a bit disingenuous to call your statement genuine, friendly advice.  It also doesn't contain any advice whatsoever.  

As for Bruce, I think many of you simply take him too seriously too often.  Like Volo, his posts are best read with a judicious helping of salt. 

edit:  I should probably add that I'm terrible at taking my own voice, and I've let Volo get under my skin too many times to count.   :p

Yes you are 100 % right Hurlshot

Guys,,,,Hurlshot gets it and he hardly ever chats to me....you guys take me far toio seriously. I joke sometimes, yes I tease a little but all my debates on things like politics are real and I never joke

Im really not hard to understand  :dancing:

John Milton 

Seriously, it takes so much more work to refute your constant stream of infantile bullcrap than it does for you to write it, as was just made patently clear by your post above. I wish there were some sort of "super ignore list", where I couldn't even see the "view this post anyway" button on your posts, and couldn't even see quotes other people have made of you. Guess I just have to start exercising self-control.

Or maybe try be a little less rude the whole time?

You be nice to me and I promise I wont be rude back  :biggrin:

John Milton 

Okay Barti I tell you what ...please forget the previous post 

I would like to extend the hand of friendship....lets start over. I'll also admit I do sometimes provoke you  because you always overreact and its funny but I wont do that anymore?

Someone like Hurlshot can agree its official and lets try to be nice to each other ...what do you think? We have nothing to lose? 

John Milton 

Jesus holy ****, sorry everyone. Didn't mean to start all this.

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

:rolleyes:

YA I KNO was dumb of me, but still.

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

The whole 'view post anyway' thing really does need to go away.

It's supposed to be 'ignore', not 'maybe kinda sorta ignore'.