Gawker found guilty in Hogan Case

BruceVC

So I unknowingly align myself with evil that twists the truth in an effort to change/destroy western culture on behalf of communists and globalists. And I am committed to addressing imagined historical injustices largely fed to me by media owned by the aforementioned, which is only possible because I have little knowledge of history myself.... neverminding that persecuting modern people who never had anything to do with my imagined injustices from the past is an injustice itself.

Fixed :)

Also, no one is afraid of homosexuals*. ;) L2Volcabulary right.

I'm sure there's some folks out there in a prison somewhere afraid of Bubba wanting them to bend over for that bar of soap, but they aren't afraid of him just because he's a homosexual. They're afraid of him cause he's big, is known to rape men with his buddies, and he doesn't take no for an answer.

Please reject all the 'phobias' that are not really phobias Mr. VC. It's a step off that hazy road to hell paved with seemingly good intentions into a more honest and clear world.

:lol:  

No I promise you I'm not being manipulated and what I believe many people also believe

But homophobia is real, in fact its probably the only form of bigotry outside the ME that is still openly  practiced and in some cases in Africa its legalized 

But gay rights  are protected in Western countries ...thats good enough for me :)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

."like I said earlier about those photos of the actresses about there sex lives..and no they not the same as Hogan"

Yeah, Ia greed. they have pussies and Hogan has a ****. We get it, Bruce. You are sexist and view women as weak and pathetic and must be treated like children with kid glvoes. And, men are just barbaric rapist monsters who don't matter.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

."like I said earlier about those photos of the actresses about there sex lives..and no they not the same as Hogan"

Yeah, Ia greed. they have pussies and Hogan has a ****. We get it, Bruce. You are sexist and view women as weak and pathetic and must be treated like children with kid glvoes. And, men are just barbaric rapist monsters who don't matter.

No of course I dont believe that, Volo things like gender equality are not about rights for women  at the expense of  men ...I dont know how many times I have explained this?

But I dont like Hogan, you right. In the beginning I didnt even think he should have sued Gawker but several people on this forum like Amentep convinced me otherwise ...so now I feel he can sue Gawker but I still think his behavior was appalling

No offense but you  are blinded to the obvious injustice, you are fine he can sue Gawker because you dont like Gawker but the fact he had an affair with his friend wife you seem to ignore. So for me its you that  have your priorities wrong 

Edited by BruceVC

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Affairs with friends' wives are morally reprehensible, but not necessarily illegal. Posting videos of an affair online that causes harm to the participants' livelihood teeters a line that is possibly slanderous. Which has legal ramifications.

I find both parties offensive, but I think Hogan is in the right. Gawker has gone out of its way to damage him, and now he is fighting back. Winning that fight to boot.

Edited by Ganrich
  • Like 2

Affairs with friends' wives are morally reprehensible, but not necessarily illegal. Posting videos of an affair online that causes harm to the participants' livelihood teeters a line that is possibly slanderous. Which has legal ramifications.

I find both parties offensive, but I think Hogan is in the right. Gawker has gone out of its way to damage him, and now he is fighting back. Winning that fight to boot.

Well we will all have our views on what is more relevant or morally questionable but yes both are bad. 

But most of you guys have never liked Gawker from the GG days because of  there Kotaku ownership so I was expecting many people to be happy Gawker has lost this case and may even go bankrupt 

Not a criticism, I would feel the same way if I was on the GG side 

John Milton 

Well we will all have our views on what is more relevant or morally questionable but yes both are bad.

Banging a friend's very willing wife behind closed doors with said friend's permission and encouragement is arguably reprehensible on a high moral standard road, but that is a road you do not understand or travel Mr. SJW. Ever.

Please don't pretend to in order to try and cast what is grossly abhorrent by even a low moral standard is a better light.

The relative wrongs here are equivalent to spitting on someone who actually was spitting at you first, vs aggravated assault with a weapon and robbery. And it's the former, not the latter that is actually repentant. Hogan does not defend his actions, he has sincerely apologized for them, repeatedly (not that this should have *ever* been anyone's business to even discuss let alone have apology given to, other than those who are close to Hogan, Bubba, and the wife). Whereas Denton continues to try to justify his pure slime and is entirely unrepentant.

And this is coming from someone who barely knows what 'GG' is about, as I found the entire thing shallow, trivial, corrupt, and largely irrelevant to my life as well as the world at large, as are just about all SJW concerns and ventures.

Edited by Valsuelm

I have never been a Hulkimaniac either. So, your point is invalid. I personally find the man obnoxious, and have since the 80s. The 80s happened long before GG. I was an Andre the Giant and a Macho Man fan when I was younger.

GG aside. I find celebrity sex tapes incredibly useless to society and hope this stops the trend (although I know it won't), and to use them for personal financial gain and/or to harm the parties in said videos should be punishable. Period. I don't care who posts the video, and I would say the same if it were a pro-GG website or someone I liked.

Banging a friend's very willing wife behind closed doors with said friend's permission and encouragement is arguably reprehensible on a high moral standard road, but that is a road you do not understand or travel Mr. SJW. Ever.

Please don't pretend to in order to try and cast what is grossly abhorrent by even a low moral standard is a better light.

The relative wrongs here are equivalent to spitting on someone who actually was spitting at you first, vs aggravated assault with a weapon and robbery. And it's the former, not the latter that is actually repentant. Hogan does not defend his actions, he has sincerely apologized for them, repeatedly (not that this should have *ever* been anyone's business to even discuss let alone have apology given to, other than those who are close to Hogan, Bubba, and the wife). Whereas Denton continues to try to justify his pure slime and is entirely unrepentant.

And this is coming from someone who barely knows what 'GG' is about, as I found the entire thing shallow, trivial, corrupt, and largely irrelevant to my life as well as the world at large, as are just about all SJW concerns and ventures.

Actually I do understand what he did and I find it reprehensible and I am not someone who is  parochial. I have normal dating circles but I also go to strip clubs and have paid for sex. 

Gawker is just tapping into what I consider are the  unhealthy interests of people....Gawker exists because someone likes  that type of garbage. But it only exists because of demand 

Hogan and his even more immoral friends, the wife and husband., did something for themselves....not for someone else,its worse what Hogan did 

Please dont offended but you only think that about SJW because you dont understand what real SJ is.,...I actually blame SJW on the Internet for this, they ended up just irritating people online and became a source of vexation for most people in the gaming industry

Always judging and always having to get involved online ....I'm not sure why you guys didnt just ignore them ? 

John Milton 

Hogan and his even more immoral friends, the wife and husband., did something for themselves....not for someone else,its worse what Hogan did

Are you seriously saying that something between consenting adults is "worse" than something done without consent?

Because AFAIK Hogan and Heather Clem were consenting adults in what they did but they did not consent to being filmed or to having said film distributed by Gawker.

• Like 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Are you seriously saying that something between consenting adults is "worse" than something done without consent?

Because AFAIK Hogan and Heather Clem were consenting adults in what they did but they did not consent to being filmed or to having said film distributed by Gawker.

Yes for me much worse, this is a subjective judgement

I have been very lucky in life, I have always had very good guy friends, I mean we share everything about ourselves and we completely trust each other and can rely on each other. Some of friends I have been friends with for 15-20 years 

Most of my friends are married or have serious girlfriends and I am also always very good friends with the ladies ..but its a real respect and friendship that is outside my male friends. I was raised in a matriarch society and I really appreciate my friendships with women, in fact I often enjoy doing things with women that most men would find boring, in other words " women things "

But for a man to be true friends with a  women he has to learn to not act on any physical attraction if it surfaces , its fine to be attracted to a lady friend but you must control how you respond. So there was and always is  immense trust between me and all my guy friends about there lady partners, for example my friend would go away for a month for work and I would come down from JHB and stay with his fiancee for weekends. We would party together, sleep in the same house and even the same bed but there was never anything that made the situation uncomfortable 

The level of trust was unequivocal and this only made our 3 friendships more durable . So when I hear about someone who is prepared to let his wife sleep with someone like Hogan I lose immense respect for how dysfunctional that relationship really is...despite the fact they probably think " we have a open relationship which makes us stronger as a couple " 

Get divorced and then sleep with who you want....but seriously a wife and her husband being happy with that is just .....appalling for me

So yes what Hogan did was morally worse, spiritually worse and a mockery of what a marriage is 

John Milton 

"If a man is found lying with the wife of another man, both of them shall die"

Deuteronomy 22:22

:dancing:  :devil:  :aiee:  :bat:   :skull: 

• Like 1

But for a man to be true friends with a  women he has to learn to not act on any physical attraction if it surfaces , its fine to be attracted to a lady friend but you must control how you respond. So there was and always is  immense trust between me and all my guy friends about there lady partners, for example my friend would go away for a month for work and I would come down from JHB and stay with his fiancee for weekends. We would party together, sleep in the same house and even the same bed but there was never anything that made the situation uncomfortable 

The level of trust was unequivocal and this only made our 3 friendships more durable . So when I hear about someone who is prepared to let his wife sleep with someone like Hogan I lose immense respect for how dysfunctional that relationship really is...despite the fact they probably think " we have a open relationship which makes us stronger as a couple " 

Bruce, you do realize you're basically saying "I'd never do this because it's dysfunctional, and it's dysfunctional because I said so", right?

"Lulz is not the highest aspiration of art and mankind, no matter what the Encyclopedia Dramatica says."

"If a man is found lying with the wife of another man, both of them shall die"

Deuteronomy 22:22

:dancing:  :devil:  :aiee:  :bat:   :skull: 

/

You funny Elerond...very appropriate even if I'm a agnostic 

I know I keep saying this but I don't think I have ever met anyone who is so good at finding relevant links to support a debate as you 

Can  I ask you a question and please be honest as the feedback is important to me. From my side I consider you someone who I  have never had any issues having a debate with. I consider our forum interaction very healthy but how have you found me..am I rude at times, condescending? Or am I normal to you ?

John Milton 

Bruce, you do realize you're basically saying "I'd never do this because it's dysfunctional, and it's dysfunctional because I said so", right?

No as my opinion on this is shaped by 20 years of mistakes, regrets and wisdom 

Sorry but if you are happy to let your wife sleep with someone else then your marriage is dysfunctional ...somethings cannot be seen in a positive light. Now a person may be gay and not care about the physical aspects of his wife...but then its more special circumstances 

John Milton 

Sorry but if you are happy to let your wife sleep with someone else then your marriage is dysfunctional 

Again, you're repeating a values judgment without attaching a reason to it. Why is it dysfunctional to not care about the sex life of another person?

"Lulz is not the highest aspiration of art and mankind, no matter what the Encyclopedia Dramatica says."

There is no such thing as female friends. If you think otherwise, it just means that you haven't had any real friends to begin with.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Sorry but if you are happy to let your wife sleep with someone else then your marriage is dysfunctional 

Again, you're repeating a values judgment without attaching a reason to it. Why is it dysfunctional to not care about the sex life of another person?

Are you asking me why I think its wrong for a husband and wife to be fine with the wife sleeping with other men

There is no such thing as female friends. If you think otherwise, it just means that you haven't had any real friends to begin with.

This is a very honest post and many men including some of my very good friends feel the same way 

But that just highlights my point, its much harder in the beginning to become only friends with a women. But for me because of my upbringing my friendships  with women are very important to me and worth it 

But most guys dont really understand it 

John Milton 

Does this invaluable pearl of wisdom also apply to women?

Just as no man can have female friends, no woman can have male friends. The sooner we accept this fact, the better people will get along.

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Are you asking me why I think its wrong for a husband and wife to be fine with the wife sleeping with other men

Obviously.

Just as no man can have female friends, no woman can have male friends. The sooner we accept this fact, the better people will get along.

Reasoning?

Edited by aluminiumtrioxid

Reasoning?

Sexual dimorphism manifested through masculinity and femininity, which leads to friendship between sexes impossible to be at the same level as within.

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

"No offense but you  are blinded to the obvious injustice, you are fine he can sue Gawker because you dont like Gawker but the fact he had an affair with his friend wife you seem to ignore. So for me its you that  have your priorities wrong"

Offense attended, you need to get your priorities straight. Hogan's moral 'failings' are irrelevant and do not excuse Gawker's immoral and obviously illegal doings. Also, as mentioned above, Hogan and co's actions were chocies made by consenting adults. Gawker and their coconspirators took choice out of others' hands. That is evil.

Also, get off your moral high horse. You have no empathy at all. Again, the only difference here is that Hogan is a man and not a woman. I guarantee that you and your SJW cohorts would no doubt have a different reaction if he happened to be a woman.

I thought SJW were about 'feelz'? I would think you would be happy that the law sides with supporting Hogan's hurt 'feelz' than Gawker's  evil pursuit of greed.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Reasoning?

Sexual dimorphism manifested through masculinity and femininity, which leads to friendship between sexes impossible to be at the same level as within.

...Because...?

Can  I ask you a question and please be honest as the feedback is important to me. From my side I consider you someone who I  have never had any issues having a debate with. I consider our forum interaction very healthy but how have you found me..am I rude at times, condescending? Or am I normal to you ?

Hi, you didn't ask me. Don't give a ****, here's my answer:

You remind me of my grandfather in some ways. He was absolutely spineless and followed orders to a ridiculous degree. Like I could tell him to go punch my father in the face and the only thing that would stop him from doing so is if my father ordered him NOT to punch him in the face before it happened, at which point he could order him to come murder me and I better hope I get a chance to give an order before it happens. Think this was his coping mechanism to absolve himself of any guilt from having been a Nazi. Dunno the details but sounds like he worked a machine gun and gunned down a LOT of people, so I imagine it left him with some serious scars.

But you don't come across as spineless in that sense. You come across as so god damned absorbed with your image and with being a good person that you as a person have little substance to your name. You do things based on how good they're perceived to be, with that actually taking precedence over your own impulses and gut feelings. I mean sure enough, here you are defending Gawker when some of their own workers and witnesses worked against them in court all because Gawker says progressive stuff and progressive = good right? So opposition = bad? And you're failing at objective thought as you sit here focusing on Hulk Hogan as if that has **** all to do with this. Dude if Hitler has a sex tape leaked, Hitler still has a right to a trial. There is no "yeah but you stole a wallet that time so nope the court system never helps you."

But let's not focus on that so much, cause this is about you. You focus on being perceived as good, you don't seem to react on your ACTUAL thoughts, opinions or emotions. No, you silence those. Great example: I will confess that I am very cautious around the transgender community because probably a third of the transgender individuals I've met are damned crazy, in my opinion. They'll look in a mirror and see the sexiest woman alive, complimenting themselves, then ask for a compliment and I'll be sitting there thinking "dude I can see your ****ing adam's apple and you still have a man-jaw, let's be real here." I also think one should acknowledge that biology IS going to work against transgender individuals in the sense that, for example, biology is smart: what men consider a nice ass is often a sign a woman can provide safe childbirth, and did you know attractive people tend to have higher IQs? Your body tries to advertise all it's strengths and problems: there's an evolutionary reason why warts or a bad scent will disgust people for example. And for transgender individuals? Your body is gonna recognize "something is wrong." It won't feel disgust (usually), it won't feel anger or hate, but it DAMNED WELL won't feel attraction. As such, if I meet a transgender individual that can calmly admit to being transgender and understand they stand out like a sore thumb and rarely (if ever) attract their desired gender, but the gender swap makes them feel better all the same? More power to these people. The ones I've met that seem to be living in this fantasy world where OMG IM A WOMAN NOW AND EVERYONE THINKS I LOOK FEMININE AND I MUST NEVER ACKNOWLEDGE MY PAST NAME AGAIN!!! Yeah, they can gtfo. I keep my distance from these individuals not because transgender individuals bother me, but because delusional individuals bother me (I've met women who've attempted to lie to me and others about their fake boobs; same **** here, that bothers me), and sadly the delusion quota in the transgender community - in my experience - has been high. Nowhere near a majority, but still high. I've met three such individuals in my lifetime, which is three more than I cared to meet.

I do not think my reaction is abnormal, offensive or strange. I just explained to you my reasoning, I in no way think anything I said was unreasonable. At no point did I state I was against transgender individuals or their rights; they deserve all of that. All the same, yes if I meet a transgender individual, I'm gonna be asking in my head if this is gonna be a normal one of a "I AM THE MOST BEAUTIFUL WOMAN EVER I WAS NEVER A MAN WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT" one. And the moment I get a hint of the latter type, I'm gone.

Now let's talk about you: I can imagine you having the same impulses where you see a transgender individual and your mind/body reacts with a "NOPE." That's natural. But what I can't imagine is that you'd admit to this....actually I could imagine you saying it now that I've brought it up solely for the sake of trying to come across as relateable, but admitting to it on your own, without someone else provoking it out of you? No, you'd claim there's no issue whatsoever, because you wanna be a good person. You'd NEVER admit to anything that can remotely resemble prejudice, because what would people think!! You've gotta continue trying to look like the nicest, most morally good person ever! And so you lie. You lie to yourself, you lie to others. You convince yourself you don't have these impulses, you tell everyone those impulses don't exist. But in doing so, you fail to sit down and critically ask yourself who you are, what makes you tick and why you think the way you do. On two seperate occassions, I have respectfully confessed my "prejudices" towards the transgender community to a transgender individual. On both cases, we had a meaningful discussion that helped me understand myself and the transgender community better. The second individual was even happy to hear me say what I said, and then began complaining that so many people now "fetishize" or use the transgender community for political statements without understanding them themselves. They'll sit there and claim ridiculous things like anyone who doesn't find a transgender person attractive is a prejudice bigot, or they'll attempt to downplay how serious a gender change is, the result being that actual experts or support groups are sometimes laughable because they've been fed bull**** by some hipster SJWs who just said **** to make the trans community feel more accepted rather than speaking about what they truly are and what problems they truly face. (wish I could recall the exact details, sadly this convo took place two years ago)

I'm not afraid to admit to any thought that goes through my mind because what purpose is there in ever lying to myself? When I was 14 I saw a documentary on an assassination attempt on Adolf Hitler. In it, they determined a table leg saved Hitler's life by diminishing how much of a blast from a suitcase bomb hit him. To try and make everyone feel better about those terrible results, one of the German war veterans in attendance said they think Hitler had to survive that, because he believed that had Hitler died that day, he would've died a hero rather than a villain, because this was before his artocities came to light.

That blew my mind. The idea that the guy who's synonymous with the word "evil" almost died a hero...? Blew my mind. It made me realize...do my friends like me, or do they only like the ILLUSION of me that I've presented? Of course I only show them my best traits, of course I hide my worst....but what's the point in that? I do want to be judged. I do want people to know who I truly am, and that way, I can know if people truly like and agree with me or not. Even if the world determined I was a terrible person, all the same I am who I am and I should be proud of who I am, and wear my personality on my sleeve like a badge of pride.

....Then there's you. Sometimes I read your post and I feel like you're my antithesis. I get the sense that you and I are, in many ways, complete opposites. Every post of yours is so polite it could make school children nauceous. Every single discussion has to end peacefully or on a good note or it'll bother the hell out of you. At all times, you have to remind people you're progressive, you care about women (weird to me that it's ALWAYS women) and you're a good person. I look at that and say what point is there in forcing a convo to end on a good note? You can't do that; you're kidding yourself and lying to yourself, because if a convo ends on a bad note, it ends on a bad note. And the constant reminders about how much you care about women or in this case, the workers at Gawker, just comes off as total bull. In my mind, you're either a troll, or you're a sad little man who is so haunted by fears that people might perceive you as a bad person or that you ARE a bad person, that you let those exact fears govern your every opinion, to the point where the opinion forms before the reasoning behind the opinion has even made sense in your brain. Hey, what I'm saying may hurt, but it's called "honesty," and as I've said you can learn a lot from it.

Every post you make comes across as the most fake, disingenuine thing ever. You're like the definition of those guys that ask "how was your day" purely for the politeness of it but don't actually care or pay attention to the answer. I mean I have no doubt that you're gonna respond to this post with something along the lines of "oh ok this is a very helpful post and I thank you for your input!" What I do doubt is if you actually read it. So many of your posts are just empty statements that fail to say anything beyond "good point." You never explain why or how, you never explain your reasoning, you never provide evidence you actually read or comprehended what anyone says to you, you never do anything. And hell, you never voice criticism ever unless it's deemed allowable by your weird overly-progressive moral compass.

So yeah, if I'm being as frank as possible, you seem like a sad individual who is living your life letting the opinions of others govern who you are and how you should act, all out of fear of being perceived as bad or evil or something. You hear "WOMEN GOOD, MEN BAD" and repeat it like a friggin' caveman without being able to explain ANY of the reasons behind your logic, and why? Because one they're not logical and two it's not YOUR false logic to begin with. You just parrot all the "good karma" political stances you've heard without bothering to comprehend them (if that's even possible), and that's evident by how poorly you argue them....if at all. As I said, your posts are nonstop empty statements devoid of any substance, and it always seems evident that you're more concerned with your image and seeming like a good person than you are in....well, actually having a god damned debate.

Seriously though, here's a challenge for you: quote one post for me in this entire thread where you actually make an argument. You'll find that all of your arguments are "I don't think so." That's it. You just disagree without stating why. Anyone else on these forums, whether I agree with them or not, I can expect them to explain to me why they think the way they do. But you? You cannot even back up any of your own stances or beliefs, and I'm personally of the opinion your opinion about Gawker "changed" not because we actually convinced you, but because you noticed you were the ONLY person in the entirety of the forums that was opting to defend them, thus you perceived what you're doing must be "bad" and caved not because you actually listened to anything anyone said, but because for you, life is just a desperate attempt to be perceived as a good person.

Well I'll tell you, it's not working. I've said before, quite frankly, that I don't respect your opinions, because as I just pointed out, I don't think your opinions have any reasoning behind them. Why would I give time of day to a person who has their opinions solely due to peer pressure or some other weird social phenomina with their thinking pattern? I respect those who can say "I am against strong criminal charges for false rape accusations because A, B, and C," not those who say "I am against strong criminal charges for false rape accusations because it is wrong and I have always been a nice man who respects women and is concerned with achieving equality for them."

Nothing that you say makes anyone think "wow what a nice guy!" Infact I'm often sitting here thinking "wow what a fruit" or "Bruce is the poster child for that saying 'Don't be too open-minded or your brain will fall out.'" I also think there's probably a lot of people that think you can be rather passive aggressive, which if you didn't know, can be a very ugly personality trait to have.

Yes that's a wall of text, and yes that's a wall of text that neither you nor anyone else asked for. All the same, I posted it because quite frankly, if you go through this thread, it's "Everyone else vs. Bruce's drunk-as-hell moral compass." Half the thread is you grasping at straws and attempting to downplay Gawker's horrendous acts. And why? Because they're on your "side" and they're "good progressives." ....That's another pet peeve of mine: people that blindly defend others on their "side" without actually asking if they agree with that person or group whatsoever. But I've ranted enough. Point is that quite frankly I think you irritate the ever-living hell out of a lot of people, it's just some are more reluctant than others to say it.

• Like 4

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

Reasoning?

...Because...?

Because it's different.

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy