US Elections 2016

Gorth

:lol:  http://www.theonion.com/article/defiant-mitch-mcconnell-holds-merrick-garlands-sev-52575

F--k it. This whole election cycle has just descended into comedy. Might as well laugh at it. 

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I didn't post it for pure accuracy. It was more of the art itself.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Allegations of Hillary supporters joining the Bernie campaign and sabotaging it from the inside.

Known Hillary supporters have joined the Bernie campaign, gotten into important positions, shut down their own events, bankrupted their local campaign offices through negligence and ignored important endorsements. This guy gives his account of what happened in North Carolina.

Apparently Robert Dempsey has since been promptly fired from his current work as organizer in Wisconsin.

"Well, overkill is my middle name. And my last name. And all of my other names as well!"

I'm amazed at the persistent ability of aynclaps to sound so smug despite having nothing of substance to say.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/how-the-new-york-times-sandbagged-bernie-sanders-20160315?page=2

http://publiceditor.blogs.nytimes.com/2016/03/17/new-york-times-bernie-sanders-coverage-public-editor/

https://medium.com/@brokenravioli/proof-that-the-new-york-times-isn-t-feeling-the-bern-c74e1109cdf6#.5cu7of176

New York Times that I have seen often praised for their high journalistic standards (in past) seems to have quite low standard this years even for biased magazine (One that endorses publicly single presidential candidate) 

Edited by Elerond
  • Like 1

No US leader is going to go back to isolationism. Its simply not feasible (and arguable whether it ever existed in the first place).

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

No US leader is going to go back to isolationism. Its simply not feasible (and arguable whether it ever existed in the first place).

"Isolationism" in Burgerstan means "not bombing the **** out of other states".

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/how-the-new-york-times-sandbagged-bernie-sanders-20160315?page=2

http://publiceditor.blogs.nytimes.com/2016/03/17/new-york-times-bernie-sanders-coverage-public-editor/

https://medium.com/@brokenravioli/proof-that-the-new-york-times-isn-t-feeling-the-bern-c74e1109cdf6#.5cu7of176

New York Times that I have seen often praised for their high journalistic standards (in past) seems to have quite low standard this years even for biased magazine (One that endorses publicly single presidential candidate) 

The mouthpiece of the Democrat Party corporate wing (the NY Times) being criticized by the mouthpiece of the Democrat Party communist wing (Rolling Stone). Like I said... comedy

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Allegations of Hillary supporters joining the Bernie campaign and sabotaging it from the inside.

Known Hillary supporters have joined the Bernie campaign, gotten into important positions, shut down their own events, bankrupted their local campaign offices through negligence and ignored important endorsements. This guy gives his account of what happened in North Carolina.

Apparently Robert Dempsey has since been promptly fired from his current work as organizer in Wisconsin.

don't take anyone seriously who don't hold smartphone HORIZONTAL

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

I'm amazed at the persistent ability of aynclaps to sound so smug despite having nothing of substance to say.

Well in this case he did have something of substance to say. That is to assert that restricting foreign interaction to trade and travel isn't isolationist.

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

I still believe a Trumpian president would mean a new era of pre WWI isolationism of the US.

There is nothing isolationist about peaceful trade and travel. Nothing. Get it right.

Sorry for the intrusion. You may all now resume squabbling over which leg of The State gets to stand on your neck.

Of course Trump doesn't say things like " I believe in Isolationism " ....obviously not as he is successful businessman and he understands its  a global world

But his  policies may have the unintended consequence of aspects of isolationism. For example how do you build and sustain a coalition in the Middle East against something like ISIS with Muslim countries if you say things like " we are going stop Muslims coming to the USA " ? 

Its the consequences of his views around foreign policy that should concern people about Isolationism 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Its the consequences of his views around foreign policy that should concern people about Isolationism

Yeah, that's what I meant with it. He is not the kind that builds strong international relations.

• Like 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Yeah, that's what I meant with it. He is not the kind that builds strong international relations.

It is truly comical if you think that anyone that has run for President in the last 20+ years, won or lost, is 'the kind that builds strong international relations', let alone who has actually won during that time.

Not so comical that you even think that is important in a world where almost every single 'leader' of a nation is a bought and paid for puppet. Puppet building strong superficial relationship with puppet is entirely irrelevant.

It is truly comical if you think that anyone that has run for President in the last 20+ years, won or lost, is 'the kind that builds strong international relations', let alone who has actually won during that time.

Not so comical that you even think that is important in a world where almost every single 'leader' of a nation is a bought and paid for puppet. Puppet building strong superficial relationship with puppet is entirely irrelevant.

No what you saying makes no sense, seriously Vals 

Of course the USA has had real international relationships going back several hundred years. Sometimes they for political expediency and sometimes its in times of war but they real. like  The Allies in  WW2  and the Cold War. The US was very aligned and gained massive benefits from its international relations

And what do you mean by " puppets" ....puppets of who?  

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

"Puppet" is not perhaps the best descriptive word to use, when it is more about established networks who the candidates usually hang around with, of which makes it quite blurry to distill where line is drawn when you have pretty much an open door policy with industry heavy-hitters, think-tanks and political arena.

See the quote in the bottom of http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/85040-us-elections-2016/?p=1791079

Edited by Meshugger

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

These speeches at AIPAC are hilarious

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I still believe a Trumpian president would mean a new era of pre WWI isolationism of the US.

There is nothing isolationist about peaceful trade and travel. Nothing. Get it right.

Sorry for the intrusion. You may all now resume squabbling over which leg of The State gets to stand on your neck.

Trade and travel is also dependent on security, good order at sea, and low energy prices. Countries with highly dynamic economies being threatened with SRBMs and IRBMs by tinpot dictators (South Korea, Japan, et al), the risk of chokepoints being mined and/or blockaded (the Strait of Hormuz), and pirates running roughshod over the SLOCs (Strait of Malacca and the Gulf of Aden) aren't exactly conducive to this. For those who think they can live with that, then I hope they enjoy their new $75,000 Hondas (that contrary to vehicles built by domestic manufacturers for many countries, you can count on to _work_), $10,000 Samsung TVs, and gas at $10 a gallon.

Edited by Agiel
“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

Don't be a tease, tell me more. Link?

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

Yeah...I watched the highlights :)

But they do seem to like Hilary, she got some rousing support 

John Milton