US Elections 2016

Gorth

Polls in Ohio & North Carolina are now closed

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Florida seems to be was Trump&Clinton show. Poor Rubio, even home state don't like

EDIT: Also first numbers from North Carolina predict clear Trump&Clinton win (Clinton won)

EDIT2: Clinton seems to go up from poll predictions, if it holds to end Sanders is virtually out. :(

EDIT3: First numbers from Ohio predict massive victory for Clinton. For GOP side numbers predict Kasich, but Trump is close (Clinton & Kasich won)

EDIT4: First numbers from Missouri also predict big win for Clinton&Trump.

EDIT5: Also Illinois seems to go for Trump&Clinton axle

Edited by Elerond

Rubio's gone, willing to bet Cruz gets a surge.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands

I watched Rubio's speech. I wish he could go back in time to the day he was elected to the senate and read himself that speech. It might have changed his conduct in office and his outcome today.

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Poor Rubio, even home state don't like

He's not worthy of any pity, even the tongue in cheek kind. He's the worst kind of politician. In my estimation only Hillary a worse candidate.

He wasn't ever going to win Florida, nor would he ever be re-elected to the Senate seat he didn't run for. He knew that, and so like many politicians who have burnt bridges in their own backyard he opted to run for a promotion (President) rather than a re-election he could not win (this is a strat that often succeeds at the local and state level). Nationally, due to propaganda in the mainstream media, it was generally perceived that he's well liked in his home state. He's not (he was before it was clear the kind of politician he was), but he's the darling of the powers that be, and exactly what people who are voting Sanders and especially Trump (as well as who put Rubio in the Senate office in the first place) generally can't stand. The dislike for Rubio in Florida is very strong and has been for a few years now. Note the polling map results. Rubio doesn't win a single county other than the notoriously corrupt Dade, where he's from, and no doubt do to the large Cuban population there, many of which initially got here illegally.

Rubio's days as a politician at the national level are over unless he switches parties (possible but unlikely) carpet bags in the future (not remotely as easy to do for a Republican as it is for a Democrat such as Hillary), or runs for congress representing Dade (unlikely)) He might disappear to the behind the scenes of lobbyland or RNC power all together, but we'll more likely see him as a talking head representing the RINO faction of the RNC for some time to come methinks.

• Like 1

Rubio's gone, willing to bet Cruz gets a surge.

I'd take that bet. Cruz has burnt away a lot of his support this election. Though he's not as spent as Rubio, much of his political capital is gone. He's pissed off way too many of the people ('tea party' type folks in particular) who got him to where he is to begin with and are (or in more and more cases were) his political base. Unlike Democrats, Republicans generally can't so easily get away with pooping on the folks who put them in office. Cruz may pick up some extra votes in a state like California, but nationally, he's not going to get much.

Trump is going to coast snowball style from here on in, even in the face of the full stop attempts by the mainstream media and 'establishment' Republican Party folks to smear him. In fact, those attempts are only going to make him stronger as the disgust for mainstream media and establishment politicians has grown to unprecedented proportions in the U.S. and all signs indicate a continuation of this trend. Only an assassination is going to stop him at this point.

and no doubt do to the large Cuban population there, many of which initially got here illegally.

No, the Cubans in the United States are here legally. The Cuban Adjustment Act of 1966 confers on them refugee status. 

Thomas Sowell

Wonder how the US military needs to be rebuilt, Trump keeps moaning on that.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Wonder how the US military needs to be rebuilt, Trump keeps moaning on that.

There has been some serious manpower reductions. And a number of new ships that were ordered were canceled. Not saying the they should have been or not. Just that they were.

Thomas Sowell

and no doubt do to the large Cuban population there, many of which initially got here illegally.

No, the Cubans in the United States are here legally. The Cuban Adjustment Act of 1966 confers on them refugee status. 

Right. My apologies, I worded that one wrong. The it doesn't matter how they got here 'amnesty' situation is known to me, though I forgot the name of the act. It's why the Cuban vote is a serious thing to contend with as quite a few of them have come here, many if not most through means other than normal (for most folks in the world) legal entry, and they generally get the right to vote much quicker than most immigrants as a result. Which is what I was getting at, but that was a minor point.

Anon.

rip in pieces in pizza in Pisa Sander's campaign

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Well at least he pushed the overton window.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands

There has been some serious manpower reductions. And a number of new ships that were ordered were canceled. Not saying the they should have been or not. Just that they were.

Ah ok, I recall Fiorina talking about getting more ships for the USN so maybe that is it. Just seems a bit off.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

The foreign correspondent for the finnish national news in Florida did some reporting among finnish expats, the cuban community and society general and found some common threads:

- People were disillusioned with Rubio

- It was either Trump or not Trump (no one could say who this 'not'-Trump candidate would be)

- Hillary was huuuuge among people over 30, because either she was a woman or because 'times were good' during her husbands presidency

- Regular Joes seemed to be unaware of Sanders

So there you have it, old people and minorities like the establishment.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

If it's between Trump or Hillary: Trump is easily the lesser evil. I was gonna have a hard time choosing between Trump or Sanders, but this is a no brainer. 

• Like 1

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

So I guess it's going to be Hillary vs Trump, then. I guess I'll have to find those "Vote Cthulhu - Why pick the lesser evils?" posters and photoshop them into saying "Vote Cthulhu - This time I AM the lesser evil".

An incomplete proven Evil Scale of Americans:

11- Hillary Clinton, Georges Bush, Johns and David Rockefeller

10 - Harry Reid, John McCain, Joe Lieberman, Chuck Schumer, Barack Obama, Bill Clinton

9 - Mitch McConnell, CIA/NSA/FBI bigwigs (known and unknown)

8 - Cthulhu (Note that the epitome of evil doesn't top the list, true evil usually disguises itself to at least some degree, and Mr. Cthulhu generally doesn't disguise well at all), also john Roberts

7- Most of the SCOTUS members in the 20th/21st centuries, your average congressman/senator (Rubio falls here), your average governor (Kasich falls here)

6 - Ted Cruz, Most of the folks in mainstream media, be it FoxNews, MSNBC, CNN, the 'Big Three', Comedy Central, Big Hollywood Studios, etc.

5 - Bernie Sanders, The more zealous of the idiots who fall hook, line, and sinker for what thef olks on the scale 6 or above feeds them, ie: SJWs, 'Black Lives' Matter', 'American Sniper' lovers, other typical 'hate groups'. People who in another time and place 'just follow orders'.

4 -  Most of the idiots who fall hook, line, and sinker for what the folks on the scale 6 or above feeds them in regards to the way the world works (you need to be a degree of corrupt (willfully ignorant) to believe the malecowpoo)

3 - Average Joe/Jane American

2 - Average Joe/Jane American

1 - Truly Good People

0 - Unicorns

Where does Trump fall? As much as Donald Trump has been in the public eye, he's actually somewhat of an unknown in the evil department. He's somewhere in the 3-6 range from my estimation, possibly more, but likely no more than 7 (8 and above is pretty much pure evil territory, and nothing I've ever seen Trump say or do so far indicates he'll go there (that said, every human on earth has that potential)).

I'm waiting to see who his running mate is, as that will be a very big indicator of what's really to come, and I might be able to better place him on the scale when that is known.

So I guess it's going to be Hillary vs Trump, then. I guess I'll have to find those "Vote Cthulhu - Why pick the lesser evils?" posters and photoshop them into saying "Vote Cthulhu - This time I AM the lesser evil".

An incomplete proven Evil Scale of Americans:

11- Hillary Clinton, Georges Bush, Johns and David Rockefeller

10 - Harry Reid, John McCain, Joe Lieberman, Chuck Schumer, Barack Obama, Bill Clinton

9 - Mitch McConnell, CIA/NSA/FBI bigwigs (known and unknown)

8 - Cthulhu (Note that the epitome of evil doesn't top the list, true evil usually disguises itself to at least some degree, and Mr. Cthulhu generally doesn't disguise well at all), also john Roberts

7- Most of the SCOTUS members in the 20th/21st centuries, your average congressman/senator (Rubio falls here), your average governor (Kasich falls here)

6 - Ted Cruz, Most of the folks in mainstream media, be it FoxNews, MSNBC, CNN, the 'Big Three', Comedy Central, Big Hollywood Studios, etc.

5 - Bernie Sanders, The more zealous of the idiots who fall hook, line, and sinker for what thef olks on the scale 6 or above feeds them, ie: SJWs, 'Black Lives' Matter', 'American Sniper' lovers, other typical 'hate groups'. People who in another time and place 'just follow orders'.

4 -  Most of the idiots who fall hook, line, and sinker for what the folks on the scale 6 or above feeds them in regards to the way the world works (you need to be a degree of corrupt (willfully ignorant) to believe the malecowpoo)

3 - Average Joe/Jane American

2 - Average Joe/Jane American

1 - Truly Good People

0 - Unicorns

Where does Trump fall? As much as Donald Trump has been in the public eye, he's actually somewhat of an unknown in the evil department. He's somewhere in the 3-6 range from my estimation, possibly more, but likely no more than 7 (8 and above is pretty much pure evil territory, and nothing I've ever seen Trump say or do so far indicates he'll go there (that said, every human on earth has that potential)).

I'm waiting to see who his running mate is, as that will be a very big indicator of what's really to come, and I might be able to better place him on the scale when that is known.

I'd guess he's a 5.

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

In my amateurish musings, i have concluded how different kinds of supporters see themselves and I therefore wish to present them as musical numbers. These videos represents the basic ideas, the imagery, the general feelings conwayed. Not how they truly are or how they really behave.

First, those of the tribe of Bernie Sanders. They are morally righteous, but not zealots. The want to create a better world, like the ones remembered from childhood's past. Therefore these creatures cannot be attacked for being lofty dreamers or that their ideas are unpractical, because that's what they pride themselves in. Therefore encapsulated by the following music:

Secondly, those of the tribe of Donald Trump. They are more morally flexible, but not to a point of complete relativists. They admire strength, courage, and sense of purpose above all. They want to create a better world where these values trump everything else. Therefore these creatures cannot be attacked by the current world by its current values (any -ism), because being against them is what they pride themselves in. Therefore encapsulated by the following music:

Finally, those of the tribe of Hillary Clinton. They are really morally neutral, they have it ok and there's not much to complain about really. So they make up their own problems or magnify the smaller ones that matter little compared to the bigger picture. While they think that they are making a difference, people of other tribes fail to see what their problem is in the first place. Therefore these creatures cannot be attacked by minimizing their problems or that they do not matter, since they take pride in creating them in the first place. Therefore encapsulated by the following music:

Edited by Meshugger
  • Like 2

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

This is how every state should deal with immigrants:

Edited by Chilloutman

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Slovenia must use this in their tourism ads.