US Elections 2016

Gorth

So there's a little of Hitler in all of your hearts i see. Now back to topic, here's a good article that highlights on why everything that has transpired and what is to come: http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/how-america-made-donald-trump-unstoppable-20160224?page=13

I like what he has to say about the media at large.

The electoral roadshow, that giant ball of corrupt self-importance, gets bigger and more grandiloquent every four years. This time around, there was so much press at the Manchester Radisson, you could have wiped out the entire cable-news industry by detonating a single Ryder truck full of fertilizer.

But Trump's thin-skinned dealings with reporters didn't fully explain the media's efforts to prop up his opponents. We've long been engaged in our own version of the high school put-down game, battering nerds and outsiders like Ron Paul and Dennis Kucinich while elevating "electable," party-approved candidates like John McCain and John Kerry.

I also like his thoughts about the democrats and how they are throwing Sanders under the bus.

Every four years, some Democrat who's been a lifelong friend of labor runs for president. And every four years, that Democrat gets thrown over by national labor bosses in favor of some party lifer with his signature on a half-dozen job-exporting free-trade agreements.

It's called "transactional politics," and the operating idea is that workers should back the winner, rather than the most union-friendly candidate.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

cc7299acbd.png

ecd44874c3.png

Both first tries, and I thought for sure a few of those would net me at least a few points... :huh:

(e): Awful, terrible quizzes, by the bye, :p

(e): Also, funny how the two descriptions seem at least minorly in opposition with each other... And also funny to see how different people's fascism and Hitlerism scores compare against each other with their isidewith scores, too. I'm apparently 85% Bernie myself.

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

87 Bernie / 86 Hillary, but I should have jacked all foreign policy questions to Most Important, since that's really the only place where US presidents can do big things. 

It's disturbing how high Bloomberg scores across everybody's results.

• Like 1

That is interesting: for everyone that has him shown, he's somewhere in the 50-60% range, with a very few 70% scores.

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Why, who is he?

Previous mayor of New York City and owner of Bloomberg LP. Policy-wise he'd be closest to Clinton.

(e): Also, funny how the two descriptions seem at least minorly in opposition with each other... And also funny to see how different people's fascism and Hitlerism scores compare against each other with their isidewith scores, too. I'm apparently 85% Bernie myself.

It's largely because the Hitler test seems to measure how in favor one is of left(ish) economic ideas and how supportive of Israel one is while the Fascist test is only two options with one being sort of....vicious I guess. All in all not very accurate tests, but I'll call myself a Halftler until I forget about it.

Edited by KaineParker

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Why, who is he?

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/84229-us-elections-2016/?p=1779403

From mikebloomberg.com

Michael R. Bloomberg is an entrepreneur and philanthropist who served three terms as Mayor of the City of New York. 

Born in Boston on February 14, 1942 and raised in a middle class home in Medford, Massachusetts, Michael Bloomberg attended Johns Hopkins University, where he paid his tuition by taking out loans and working as a parking lot attendant. After college, he attended Harvard Business School and in 1966 was hired by a Wall Street firm, Salomon Brothers, for an entry-level job. 

Bloomberg quickly rose through the ranks at Salomon, overseeing equity trading and sales before heading up the firm's information systems. When Salomon was acquired in 1981, he was let go from the firm. With a vision of an information technology company that would bring transparency and efficiency to the buying and selling of financial securities, he launched a small startup in a one room office. Today, Bloomberg LP is a global company that has more than 15,500 employees and offices in 73 countries around the world. 

During his tenure as mayor, from 2002 through 2013, Bloomberg brought his innovation-driven approach to city government. He turned around a broken public school system by raising standards and holding schools accountable for success. He spurred economic growth and record levels of job creation by revitalizing old industrial areas, spurring entrepreneurship, supporting small businesses, and strengthening key industries, including new media, film and television, bio-science, technology, and tourism. Mayor Bloomberg’s economic policies helped New York City experience record-levels of private-sector job growth often in formerly depressed neighborhoods, even in the wake of the deep national recession. 

His passion for public health led to ambitious new strategies that became national models, including a ban on smoking in all indoor workplaces, as well as at parks and beaches. Life expectancy grew by 36 months during Mayor Bloomberg’s twelve years in office. He launched cutting-edge anti-poverty efforts, including the Young Men’s Initiative and the Center for Economic Opportunity, whose ground-breaking programs have been replicated across the country. As a result, New York City’s welfare rolls fell 25 percent, and New York was the only big city in the country not to experience an increase in poverty between the 2000 Census and 2012. He also created innovative plans to fight climate change and promote sustainable development, which helped cut the city’s carbon footprint by 19 percent. His belief that America's mayors and business leaders can help effect change in Washington led him to launch national bi-partisan coalitions to combat illegal guns, reform immigration, and invest in infrastructure. He was a strong champion of the city's cultural community, expanding support for artists and arts organizations and helping to bring more than 100 permanent public art commissions to all five boroughs. 

Upon leaving City Hall, Michael Bloomberg returned to the company he founded while also devoting more time to philanthropy, which has been a top priority for him throughout his career. Today, Bloomberg Philanthropies employs a unique data-driven approach to global change that grows out of his experiences as an entrepreneur and mayor. In addition to Bloomberg Philanthropies' five areas of focus – public health, arts and culture, the environment, education, and government innovation – Bloomberg has continued to support projects of great importance to him, including his alma mater, Johns Hopkins University, where he served as the chairman of the board of trustees from 1996-2001. The university's School of Hygiene and Public Health – the largest public health facility in the U.S. – is named the Bloomberg School of Public Health in recognition of his commitment and support. Bloomberg has donated more than $3.3 billion to a wide variety of causes and organizations. As chair of the C40 Climate Leadership Group from 2010 to 2013, he drew international attention to cities’ leading role in the fight against climate change. In 2014, U.N. Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon appointed Bloomberg to be U.N. Special Envoy for Cities and Climate Change where he is focusing on helping cities and countries set and achieve more ambitious climate change goals. 

Michael Bloomberg is the father of two daughters, Emma and Georgina.

Free games updated 3/4/21

Curious about that myself

He was the mayor when I lived in NYC and he seemed perfectly adequate at the time

there is an obvious reason why some find his quasi-candidacy disturbing.  hesitate to mention as we would hope folks were beyond such.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

I'll admit I'm not a fan of Bloomberg. He's very much a "government knows best" and "we don't want to hurt you but it's for your own good" kind of politican. And we already have no want of those.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I would probably never vote for Bloomberg and as I said earlier I don't even know what his national platform is about since he hasn't actually declared his candidacy. I just wasn't sure what Tigranes found disturbing and if it was just that Bloomberg is being included when he isn't running then I can agree with that

Free games updated 3/4/21

0% and I even invaded Poland.

So many people have invaded Poland that if Hitler had a steam profile he wouldn't have even received an achievement for it.

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

I would probably never vote for Bloomberg and as I said earlier I don't even know what his national platform is about since he hasn't actually declared his candidacy. I just wasn't sure what Tigranes found disturbing and if it was just that Bloomberg is being included when he isn't running then I can agree with that

Well I know he doesn't want us drinking large sodas. He's not what I'd call a big fan of the 2nd 4th & 5th Amendments either.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

The top GOP pollster, Frank Luntz, sent out a memo last week on the "Snapchat Generation" (aka "Millennials".)  He is freaking out that his own poll shows that the Millennials are "terrifyingly liberal", and 87% of them will likely vote in the upcoming Presidential election.  

Sources:

If 87% of millennials actually show up to vote in November, they will decimate Donald Trump or whoever the GOP Presidential candidate may be.

If they vote.

Edited by ktchong

Not exactly news. The younger generation usually is liberal. You've head the old saying: If you're under 30 and you're not a liberal you don't have a heart. If you're over 30 and you ARE a liberal you don't have a brain.

Thomas Sowell

So there's a little of Hitler in all of your hearts i see. 

No. I'm 0% Hitler. That means I'm 100% Hitler free.

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

I don't even, i mean come on! You have to want to invade Poland. It's the current year!

Debates sure are fun:

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I don't even, i mean come on! You have to want to invade Poland. It's the current year!

Debates sure are fun:

He walked into that one soooooo badly

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.