Pizza Pandemonium  

38 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favorite pizza toppings? Select as many as you would like.

Had a pear, gorgonzola, arugula, and carmelized onion pizza at CPK last week. It works very well.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Chicken, Bacon, Capicollo, and pineapple, with BBQ sauce.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I prefer white sauces but gourmet pizza doesn't satisfy quite like a hot and ready large pepperoni for $5.

This isn't the place to talk about your sex life.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands

I was working in Marfa Texas a few years back and had a pizza with diced habaneros on it. It was hotter than hell but in good way. 

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

You know, I used to like pepperoni, but nowadays it seems every place I try pizza from, the pepperoni is always floppy, and I hate that.  I want it crisp (I'm the same way with bacon.)

Anyway, I personally prefer a thick crust with lots of sauce (tomato-based only), lots of sausage, and just enough cheese to barely cover, but I'm from the midwest, so perhaps that explains it.

And if the toppings are on top of the cheese, you're making it wrong. The cheese locks the toppings onto the pizza. Freaking Dominos putting the cheese on the bottom.

Devastatorsig.jpg

And if the toppings are on top of the cheese, you're making it wrong. The cheese locks the toppings onto the pizza. Freaking Dominos putting the cheese on the bottom.

This is mostly incorrect.  Most toppings need to cook in the intense direct heat of the pizza oven, not be insulated by a layer of cheese (and maybe fry a little in the cheese-grease, or boil in tomato sauce).  Fatty meats should crisp up, and veggies should char.

• Like 1

Does it still count as "pizza" if there's no sauce?

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

I am not Italian, but oh god people, sausages on pizza? I am going to throw. Americans just make pies, not pizza

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

See? People like pineapple on their pizza! It means I'm right and all of you lot are wrong. Except for the ones liking pineapple on their pizza who are clearly the elite.

When society crumbles and humanity will grasp onto the last remnants of its existence, the chosen ones who'll step up and bring mankind back to glory will be the ones who like pineapple on their pizza. Scientifically proven fact.

I'd sooner accept AM, Shodan, or The Master as my leader than people who like pineapple on their pizza.

Edited by Namutree
  • Like 3

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

Well, I mean, "peppers" isn't necessarily clear: could include jalapenos, banana peppers, etc.

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

I guess cheese includes everything from Gorgonzola to Blue Cheese (both of which i love on pizza)?

Where is the love for olives? I love those French thingies, Nicoise or whatever they are called. Don't be fooled by their dark colour, got nothing to do with the crappy black olives.

Otherwise ham/chicken and tomato based sauce (unless one of the above 2 cheeses present).

PS: Anchovies are excellent together with hard boiled eggs instead of salt and pepper, but not on my pizza.

• Like 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Im a little surprised how many votes "peppers" has received. The entire bell pepper family can go straight to hell! :barf:

I'll have my drones drop habeneros and jalapenos on your pizza and you'll get the love then. Then I'll have them remove those disgusting mushrooms.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

I love hot peppers, just not those nasty red, green or yellow bell peppers.

A nice ripe deep red pepper is delicious raw. Sweet and refreshing. Not so much on pizza.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Also, just in case it needed to be made clear:

new york pizza envy is just sad.  feeling inadequate 'bout lack o' size?  predictable from such a tiny little man.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

I love hot peppers, just not those nasty red, green or yellow bell peppers.

I don't care for then either, at best they're just there like flavorless chunks.

I guess cheese includes everything from Gorgonzola to Blue Cheese (both of which i love on pizza)?

Where is the love for olives? I love those French thingies, Nicoise or whatever they are called. Don't be fooled by their dark colour, got nothing to do with the crappy black olives.

Otherwise ham/chicken and tomato based sauce (unless one of the above 2 cheeses present).

PS: Anchovies are excellent together with hard boiled eggs instead of salt and pepper, but not on my pizza.

Ah yes a fellow cheese lover and someone who clearly understands how the Universe operates

But Gorgonzola is also a Blue Cheese but I know what you mean. What Blue Cheese do you like? Stilton, Roquefort....I hope you say " Why  Danish Blue Cheese of course " ... :dancing:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela