What You Did Today Thread

Blarghagh

Huh, every parent I know has some sort of horror story like the ones Oerwinde has mentioned.  Not necessarily at the frequency he is getting, though.  When she was 4, my daughter took my favorite hat and peed on it, then ran to show me her handiwork.  

• Like 5

He starts Kindergarden in september, so that will add some more structure and activities, plus give me a break on thursday/friday, so we're hoping that helps both with my stress and his ****headedness.

My daughter's big event was me going upstairs to turn on the shower and get mine and her clothes ready and I come back downstairs and she has opened up her bottle of fingerpaint we thought was out of reach and painted the entire kitchen table, 2 chairs, and the floor.

Edited by Oerwinde
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

The hell? Got a message from my landlord that he was receiving complaints from other tenants about how loud my music is. I almost exlusively wear headphones. Literally the only thing I even can play music on are my crappy laptop speakers. I don't own a TV and while I own a surround set that is in a box in the basement three floors below. I have an acoustic guitar that I pick up and doodle with about once a week in the middle of the day.

The hell? Got a message from my landlord that he was receiving complaints from other tenants about how loud my music is. I almost exlusively wear headphones. Literally the only thing I even can play music on are my crappy laptop speakers. I don't own a TV and while I own a surround set that is in a box in the basement three floors below. I have an acoustic guitar that I pick up and doodle with about once a week in the middle of the day.

Sounds like you might have an enemy, or a neighbor with a poor sense of direction and blamed you for what someone else is doing.

Edited by Guard Dog

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I just lit the grill. I'm cooking venison and carrots for dinner.

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I feel like I didn't add enough detail to my peed hat story.  This wasn't just some ballcap, it was my leather Indiana Jones hat that I've worn on all of my great outdoor adventures.  Thankfully it is pretty durable.  :p

Today I sat in a staff meeting, where I planned on zoning out, but then I got really into a discussion about homework.  I'm of the opinion that most homework is garbage, and unless it is personalized and allows creativity and choice, it's a waste of time.  So that is always fun to debate.

Set a new personal record in goblet squats. 1 rep 107kg 235 lbs. Though after having finished the repetition all my repaired teeth hurt and I had ringing in my ears.  happy0203.gif

One of the few good things in summer, I miss grilling and fresh hot chili.

Edited by Woldan
  • Like 1

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

Set a new personal record in goblet squats. 1 rep 107kg 235 lbs. Though after having finished the repetition all my repaired teeth hurt and I had ringing in my ears.  happy0203.gif

One of the few good things in summer, I miss grilling and fresh hot chili.

Summer, winter, makes no matter. Propane and charcoal still get hot.

• Like 1

Thomas Sowell

Just dropped off the kids with my parents. Oh glorious freedom for 2 days.

• Like 3
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I feel like I didn't add enough detail to my peed hat story. This wasn't just some ballcap, it was my leather Indiana Jones hat that I've worn on all of my great outdoor adventures. Thankfully it is pretty durable. :p

Today I sat in a staff meeting, where I planned on zoning out, but then I got really into a discussion about homework. I'm of the opinion that most homework is garbage, and unless it is personalized and allows creativity and choice, it's a waste of time. So that is always fun to debate.

So not a fan of math ? :p

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I have a friend who got noise complaints about excessive noise made in the middle of the night. He lives alone, has no pets, has a normal day time job, and probably doesn't sleepwalk hard enough to draw noise complaints, but none of that seems to matter to landlords with unhappy tenants. :)

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

I feel like I didn't add enough detail to my peed hat story. This wasn't just some ballcap, it was my leather Indiana Jones hat that I've worn on all of my great outdoor adventures. Thankfully it is pretty durable. :p

Today I sat in a staff meeting, where I planned on zoning out, but then I got really into a discussion about homework. I'm of the opinion that most homework is garbage, and unless it is personalized and allows creativity and choice, it's a waste of time. So that is always fun to debate.

So not a fan of math ? :p

Funny you should mention that, one of the math teachers brought up that a couple years ago she tried a new homework format.  The students only had a couple questions a night, but they were supposed to watch these Khan Academy videos that cover more theory.  It was a creative idea, but the parents flipped out.  They wanted the drill and kill stuff.

Eh you need both. University was theory shotgunned at you in class and you had to drill hard to get it. At least for people as smart as me, hah.

But our profs gave problem sets with the instruction to only do them as long as the questions were not trivial.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I have so much crap to do tomorrow that I'm not even sure if I can watch the Super Bowl...I'm sure I'll procrastinate some as per usual and do it anyways, though. :p

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

I had a interesting job offer on Friday, the software that I sell  and work with comes from the USA and the company made me a job offer to move to the USA. They said I could move to Texas, Oregan, NY, California, Virginia, Arizona, Massachusetts, Florida or Georgia as these are all considered hubs and I could stay in any of those places 

Its a really good deal and a great privilege and I need to consider it. But I am looking for feedback from anyone who stays in those states and what those states are like

I have been to some of those states but only for a few days at a time, I am easy going and don't mind where I stay as anywhere in the USA would be good for me as I would move by myself and all my family are in NY but they aren't close to me. I am not use to the cold and would prefer a big city vibe but also a city where I can go into the country side for a break

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

That's awesome Bruce

It would depend on where exactly in those states you would be moving to. I grew up in southern Arizona but I lived in NYC for a few years so I might be able to help you there.I also spent some time in south Florida and middle of nowhere California but other people could probably give you better info on those areas than I could.

• Like 2

Free games updated 3/4/21

That's awesome Bruce

It would depend on where exactly in those states you would be moving to. I grew up in southern Arizona but I lived in NYC for a few years so I might be able to help you there.I also spent some time in south Florida and middle of nowhere California but other people could probably give you better info on those areas than I could.

Yes I am very fortunate....its weird because most South Africans would jump at this but for me I feel I have a commitment here but I still want to understand what moving would mean :)

Good point, they have branches in major cities of each state but you work from home, have virtual meetings  and manage your appointments so I am basically talking about living in the capital city of each state and not living in the country side 

How is Arizona? It looks very hot from what I have seen, can you describe life there. If you don't mind any details you can share ?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I had a interesting job offer on Friday, the software that I sell  and work with comes from the USA and the company made me a job offer to move to the USA. They said I could move to Texas, Oregan, NY, California, Virginia, Arizona, Massachusetts, Florida or Georgia as these are all considered hubs and I could stay in any of those places 

Its a really good deal and a great privilege and I need to consider it. But I am looking for feedback from anyone who stays in those states and what those states are like

I have been to some of those states but only for a few days at a time, I am easy going and don't mind where I stay as anywhere in the USA would be good for me as I would move by myself and all my family are in NY but they aren't close to me. I am not use to the cold and would prefer a big city vibe but also a city where I can go into the country side for a break

Wow that is pretty cool. I used to live in West Palm Beach in South Florida. It's certainly got you covered for weather but you can forget going to the countryside. There isn't one. It's non stop city from Ft. Pierce to Key West. But if you like beaches and watersports that is the place to be. It's expensive to live there though. I won't hazard a guess how much they are offering you but if you select a city in south Florida (if that is even an option) do your research.

• Like 1

Thomas Sowell

Wow that is pretty cool. I used to live in West Palm Beach in South Florida. It's certainly got you covered for weather but you can forget going to the countryside. There isn't one. It's non stop city from Ft. Pierce to Key West. But if you like beaches and watersports that is the place to be. It's expensive to live there though. I won't hazard a guess how much they are offering you but if you select a city in south Florida (if that is even an option) do your research.

Yes I have been to Florida...its very hot and I'm not a beach person, I don't go in the sun because I don't like getting burned so I'm very, very white ..a real computer geek :lol: But I love swimming, I just use factor 30 sun screen. Also when I say I enjoy having breaks outdoors I mean  its similar to what you do when you say you go for a walk with the dogs  to cold creek and swim. Thats what I mean, a hike somewhere and then a swim at the end but not actually getting burned 

My plan is not to spend any money initially on expensive property if I decide to go so Florida sounds like it would be wasted on me 

John Milton 

It comes down to the size of the city more than the state. Although all those states you listed are pretty diverse geographically. But the smaller the city/metroplex you choose the easier it will be to get away from it obviously. Oregon is a great choice for outdoor activities. I know you don't like cold but if you are on the coast and the west side of the Cascades it does not get too cold.

Edited by Guard Dog

Thomas Sowell

Bruce, just go by based on your definition of classic rock and who you like to listen to.

classicrock_grx_final1.png?w=575

• Like 1

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle