What You Did Today Thread

Blarghagh

^I took that one for a while too but I think I had better luck with bupropion

PS yikes, I just counted and I've been on 6 different drugs for depression :/

I think I was lucky in that I started with that one and it worked without giving me all kinds of weird side effects. I hear lots of people get shuffled from one kind of meds to another.

am embarrassed to say that we know next to nothing 'bout antidepressants.  our sister, who we took care o' for a number o' years, were prescribed various antidepressants, but other than carrying around her meds list, we never educated our self.  that being said, our sister described them thusly:

antidepressants don't make you feel good.  antidepressants don't even keep you from feeling bad. my life is just as depressing while on antidepressants as it is absent of medications.  however, while on antidepressants, i don't need to suppress the urge to hit the gas pedal and drive into a tree or oncoming truck. for the most part, antidepressants remove my extreme emotional lows, while taking out the few highs as well.

am doubting it is the same for all.

HA! Good Fun! 

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Doctor said in men depression often manifests as extreme irritability. Was prescribed zoloft, which supposedly targets that.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

am embarrassed to say that we know next to nothing 'bout antidepressants.  our sister, who we took care o' for a number o' years, were prescribed various antidepressants, but other than carrying around her meds list, we never educated our self.  that being said, our sister described them thusly:

antidepressants don't make you feel good.  antidepressants don't even keep you from feeling bad. my life is just as depressing while on antidepressants as it is absent of medications.  however, while on antidepressants, i don't need to suppress the urge to hit the gas pedal and drive into a tree or oncoming truck. for the most part, antidepressants remove my extreme emotional lows, while taking out the few highs as well.

am doubting it is the same for all.

HA! Good Fun! 

Gromnir thats quite a depressing (excuse the pun ) view of anti-depressants.....I only hope other people have a more positive view of them

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Well I'd say that might be stretching the meaning of the word "irritable" a little, but since Zoloft is also used to treat a bunch of things related to stressful stimuli up to and including PTSD, it should in theory work for your complaints. Hope it works out for you. :)

NINJA'D: No, Gromnir's sis was pretty accurate. They didn't make me happy, but they did prevent me from trying to crawl into a dark little hole and die.

Edited by TrueNeutral

I hope so too. Its been a pretty stressful periiod. Wife was sent to school paid for by her work, but still works full time. The company I work for got bought out 3 years ago and we started seeing the effects last year, and my supervisor is paranoid of being fired if he doesn't improve efficiency even though we are already the most efficient branch.

Work stress makes me want to decompress, but as an introvert I need to do that alone, but with the wife in school it leaves more of the childcare and housework to me, so my alone time is usually between 11:30 and 3am,which means I average 5-6 hours of sleep per night. Which sucks when your job is handling 40000lbs of fasteners per day.

Devastatorsig.jpg

The nice thing about children is they do grow up and stop being nearly as much work eventually.  It just looks pretty bleak sometimes.  I know when I go a few nights of being alone and in charge of the kids, I get pretty dang mean.  It's just overwhelming how many things I am responsible for sometimes.  

The boy starts school in the fall, so I'll be able to sleep in and have thursday and friday to myself. Its my light at the end of the tunnel

Devastatorsig.jpg

The nice thing about children is they do grow up and stop being nearly as much work eventually. It just looks pretty bleak sometimes. I know when I go a few nights of being alone and in charge of the kids, I get pretty dang mean. It's just overwhelming how many things I am responsible for sometimes.

Yeah but then they become teenagers and bleed your cash :p

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

The nice thing about children is they do grow up and stop being nearly as much work eventually. It just looks pretty bleak sometimes. I know when I go a few nights of being alone and in charge of the kids, I get pretty dang mean. It's just overwhelming how many things I am responsible for sometimes.

Yeah but then they become teenagers and bleed your cash :p

Thats where my friend is. His weekly grocery bill is $300 because he has 2 teenagers and they don't stop eating.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Don't even get me started on the endless outflow of cash that is having a teenager. laughing.gif But its a good hurt. thumbsup.gif

They are free labour around the house, there is that.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Don't even get me started on the endless outflow of cash that is having a teenager. laughing.gif But its a good hurt. thumbsup.gif

Pretty sure you have to pay in time investment to tell them to do something the required 100 times before they actually do it. :p

• Like 2

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Pretty sure you have to pay in time investment to tell them to do something the required 100 times before they actually do it. :p

Hmm...that is true. Helps if you condition them before hand. Use enough discipline and you can mould them into productive workers and people.

Or you can be like my grandmother and just hit them with extension cords :lol:

Pretty sure you have to pay in time investment to tell them to do something the required 100 times before they actually do it. tongue.png

Almost "universally", its easier to do the chore yourself, but its the principal.

Been up since 4 AM because the police came and knocked my upstairs neighbours' door down for some reason and then immediately called someone to put in a new door.

Thats hectic...lucky they didn't kick your door down...imagine what they would have discovered  :p

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Been up since 4 AM because the police came and knocked my upstairs neighbours' door down for some reason and then immediately called someone to put in a new door.

Thats hectic...lucky they didn't kick your door down...imagine what they would have discovered  tongue.png

That reminds me of that scene from 'Brazil' (great movie) where the tax departments Stormtroopers assault the wrong apartment due to a clerical error.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

If it were America and you tried that, they'd be finding a place to hide YOUR corpse...as well as your dog's! :p

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Happened to me once. Worked late was sleeping in, about 9 am I hear a crash and thumping and shouting upstairs. Turned out the previous tennant was wanted and had a registered firearm so they sent a tactical team. Landlord wasn't impressed because she was there with a key but they broke down the door anyway.

Devastatorsig.jpg