Pictures of your Games Episode VII The Screenshot Awakens

Blarghagh

I might now keep spamming the topic with Witcher 3 screenshots. I have never seen a game portray nature so mindblowingly well - and it looks even better when in motion. Brilliant. I mean, downgrade, sorry.

z1y0f5T.jpgq1tCXdW.jpg

. Honestly, I've put in about 70 hours into the ps4 version and am blown away by what they could do with the system when all other developers are claiming the consoles are not powerful enough. I understand they're not beastly machines but when they make a game this big look this good, it kind of seems like some devs are a little lazy.

or a little incompetent

You try making a game then, that **** ain't easy and there ain't nobody to teach you.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

No, but it says a lot about the fragmented nature of the industry such that every studio seems to end up having to reinvent the wheel every time they do a new title. CDPR seem to be particularly good at wheel invention, but I doubt that tech will filter through much, if at all, to other companies. Is it because some companies hold on very tightly to their trade secrets? Or is it that others are stuck in their ways and are too reluctant to look outside and learn from what others are doing?

Of course, on the other extreme you have the case of mega-publishers gobbling up all the small fry and forcing them onto one engine and one design philosophy, but hopefully there's a happier, more collaborative medium between the two extremes.

• Like 1

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

I'm not denying that the Witcher 3 looks extremely good but I'm sorry, the wind present in that game is not depicting nature realistically. I live in a place where it's constantly windy and trees don't behave like that unless it's stormy to the point where trees will break. And that seems to be pretty much the default state of the Witcher 3.. One of my biggest disappointments with it as far as visuals go. It annoys me to no end.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

One of my biggest disappointments with it as far as visuals go. It annoys me to no end.

That's a very ... Specific bugbear to have. Yeah, it's not realistic, it's just gorgeous :-P But even as far as realism goes, I don't remember a game depicting forests this believably - trees of different kinds and sizes mixed together, thick, varied undergrowth - I suppose you might find the wind so jarring precisely because it's so close to reality.

I don't really agree with that. If you had winds like that, Geralt and the people inhabiting the world would have severe trouble just walking anywhere. And... looking at the trees in Velen for example. I'm sorry, they should just not move like that unless they're in immediate danger of breaking.

It may seem like a petty complaint but again, I live in a very windy climate right by the coast with nature around me and it just looks jarring as hell in the Witcher 3. My ex girlfriend had exactly the same reaction when I just briefly showed her the game (she likes good graphics). "Yeah, it looks great but... the wind is silly."

EDIT: To clarify, I do agree that the closer one gets to "realistic graphics" the more things like these jump out at you. 

Edited by Starwars

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

I don't really agree with that. If you had winds like that, Geralt and the people inhabiting the world would have severe trouble just walking anywhere. And... looking at the trees in Velen for example. I'm sorry, they should just not move like that unless they're in immediate danger of breaking.

It may seem like a petty complaint but again, I live in a very windy climate right by the coast with nature around me and it just looks jarring as hell in the Witcher 3. My ex girlfriend had exactly the same reaction when I just briefly showed her the game (she likes good graphics). "Yeah, it looks great but... the wind is silly."

EDIT: To clarify, I do agree that the closer one gets to "realistic graphics" the more things like these jump out at you. 

I've gotten used to it but for the first ten hours I did find it jarring.  Even during some terrible weather you rarely see motion in the trunks of trees, certainly nothing like the rubber forests of The Witcher 3  :p

So, I found Nick Valentine and freed him from imprisonment.
Note to Self: I think he's watched one too many Bogart films.
Fallout-4_20151120232247-1lzblab-e144966

He's agreed to help me find Shaun!
Note to Self: Which is better than the alternative, I freed him and he was all "whatever".
Fallout-4_20151121142622-2dqwmk4-e144966

We plunged into the mind of Hubby's killer to find answers
Note to Self: Exploring the past, it seems that Mr. Killer was an ass and got his family killed.  Guess he decided to make that his vocation?
Fallout-4_20151121143141-17hn2m7-e144966

Afterwards, we needed some recuperation time.
Note to Self: During my recuperation time, Curie began talking about needing to better interface with the world...guess I could talk to Doc Amari...
Fallout-4_20151121150032-xt6ztt-e1449668

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Underrail is awesome but i'm not in pc gaming mood these days.

SO it's back to this..

10619910_10206888143855524_8611494761570

i restarted with a new character, because i have no idea where my other 6 are so it's better if i rediscover most of the game before i play them again.

1.13 killed off Ja2.