Persuading the target to come quietly

QPOuwv4.jpg

very quietly

gLOygue.jpg

getting out before more of their friends show up

lTmRG6o.jpg

Showing them their new home

CZIZzzh.jpg

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Then she tosses a lit cigarette into a stream of gasoline and walks nonchalantly away from the giant explosion behind her.

ask and you shall receive

REopWDs1YuA.jpg

• Like 1
Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

That...is a lot of chryssalids.  Lucky to have the flamethrower.  Those things made me abandon many a terror mission (I think it was the 2nd or 3rd Long War terror mission I did had 15 zombies and ~10 chryssalids as the spawns on the library map.  Not doable with low level characters with only 2-3 laser rifles, at least not doable by me.

Rad the Mad?  And he is the 4th?

I have no idea what the reference is, but I use a custom name list that automatically grabs a random name for each soldier when I recruit them. This particular name list is just the memberlist of some other forum I participate in. There's a handy web tool here to generate the namelist in the correct format.

That...is a lot of chryssalids.  Lucky to have the flamethrower.  Those things made me abandon many a terror mission (I think it was the 2nd or 3rd Long War terror mission I did had 15 zombies and ~10 chryssalids as the spawns on the library map.  Not doable with low level characters with only 2-3 laser rifles, at least not doable by me.

Both of them would be scripted. I believe the June terror mission will pretty much always be zombies with some Chryssalids, which would almost always be the third terror mission as you've seen. Zombies that are pre-placed on the map never spawn more Chryssalids, so you can take all the time you want with them. I had a screenshot earlier in this thread featuring them, it looks alarming but there's no risk whatsoever. As long as you can take out the 'lids, you can hold off the zombies indefinitely.

Likewise, this one I just did, is the 9th (I think, could be 11th) Terror mission which will always be all Chryssalids with one queen. By this time, the player should have enough firepower that it isn't a problem. In the screenshots above, I goofed by placing my Rocketeer in a poor position and she couldn't get a Shredder rocket off, and of course Acid doesn't work on them. But even without those modifiers, I still managed to kill it, even if just barely. Would have been trivial with Shredder.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Both of them would be scripted. I believe the June terror mission will pretty much always be zombies with some Chryssalids, which would almost always be the third terror mission as you've seen. Zombies that are pre-placed on the map never spawn more Chryssalids, so you can take all the time you want with them. I had a screenshot earlier in this thread featuring them, it looks alarming but there's no risk whatsoever. As long as you can take out the 'lids, you can hold off the zombies indefinitely.

Likewise, this one I just did, is the 9th (I think, could be 11th) Terror mission which will always be all Chryssalids with one queen. By this time, the player should have enough firepower that it isn't a problem. In the screenshots above, I goofed by placing my Rocketeer in a poor position and she couldn't get a Shredder rocket off, and of course Acid doesn't work on them. But even without those modifiers, I still managed to kill it, even if just barely. Would have been trivial with Shredder.

The problem was that a second pod of zombies would invariably show up while I was dealing with the first, and I just didn't have the firepower to take them down before they got to me.  The map was just too small for the number of enemies that were on it, as far as I was concerned.  I am, however, at best mediocre, since I tend to lose focus.

The Purple Toe was ambushed by another cult. No honour among the damned!

07VhcEW.jpg

YCreA5P.jpg

But wait, who is that helping them?

ZdWzWXD.jpg

A Clan Skryre Poison Wind Globadier has joined the Purple Toe as part of an Equal Opportunity Program!

SZYGCPT.jpg

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Driving the buggy around the outskirts of Haran.  Good times.

AlXVAXm.jpg

The joys of running over zombies.  It never gets old.

XQxiq8J.jpg

A whole new cast of characters

1PzIU5o.jpg

eHEVEMl.jpg

vV6p5jJ.jpg

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

>Open Mailbox

The inside of the mailbox is dark.  Your are likely to be eaten by a grue.

If it was an Enchanter game, I'd:

>Cast Frotz on grue

• Like 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

>Open Mailbox

The inside of the mailbox is dark. Your are likely to be eaten by a grue.

If it was an Enchanter game, I'd:

>Cast Frotz on grue

You died of dysentery.

It was either that or drowning while trying to ford a river.  That's just the way the Oregon Trail rolled.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I never played Oregon trail, but I played all of the infocom games, even the bad ones. I have the GoG value pack for them. I still think Zork Nemesis is an excellent game. I just hope I can get it to display right. Then I can post a pic when I olay it.

bother?

I only ever died of Dysentery in the Oregon Trail.  I did starve to death in Sorcerer though.

Edited by Amentep