What you did today

Blarghagh

Our office is closing on Friday for the rest of the year. I still have to answer my phone and e-mails and be available if needed but that is it. Just as well, I could use the break,

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Our office is closing on Friday for the rest of the year. I still have to answer my phone and e-mails and be available if needed but that is it. Just as well, I could use the break,

Ah the life of a government employee.

0324f7d5bbb7d2f061049039704c1cf9.jpg

• Like 2

Ah the life of a government employee.

0324f7d5bbb7d2f061049039704c1cf9.jpg

:lol:  Think of that when you get your property tax bill next year!

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Guys I want to tell you something about just how dysfunctional some white South Africans .....despite the fact its 21 years since Apartheid ended

Since yesterday was World Aids Day and in South Africa  we have 6 million people on AV drugs as they have HIV this is a day where we discuss HIV and we look at the stigma in society. Anyway on this one talk show they had this young black guy, 24, who had HIV and was discussing how he caught it, he was promiscuous,  and what he deals with in society and how there is discrimination in some areas 

So this white women phones and says " does your guest expect me to feel sorry for him " 

She was 58 and after living through Apartheid she still somehow  feels that the only responsible thing to say is to phone in and basically try to humiliate a young black person who has HIV....like 6 million other people 

I was so angry, I phoned in and really was critical about her 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Guys I want to tell you something about just how dysfunctional some white South Africans .....despite the fact its 21 years since Apartheid ended

Since yesterday was World Aids Day and in South Africa  we have 6 million people on AV drugs as they have HIV this is a day where we discuss HIV and we look at the stigma in society. Anyway on this one talk show they had this young black guy, 24, who had HIV and was discussing how he caught it, he was promiscuous,  and what he deals with in society and how there is discrimination in some areas 

So this white women phones and says " does your guest expect me to feel sorry for him " 

She was 58 and after living through Apartheid she still somehow  feels that the only responsible thing to say is to phone in and basically try to humiliate a young black person who has HIV....like 6 million other people 

Well, anyone with a life threatening illness is deserving of sympathy even if they are somewhat responsible for what happened. It's pretty crass of her to not realize that. I'm not sure what apartheid has to do with it though. That was a s----y thing to be sure but I don't see the connection with AIDS and it is over now.

Remember this one truth Bruce, as----es are born that way and can't help it. Don't bother getting mad ay them, just avoid them.

• Like 3

Thomas Sowell

Well, anyone with a life threatening illness is deserving of sympathy even if they are somewhat responsible for what happened. It's pretty crass of her to not realize that. I'm not sure what apartheid has to do with it though. That was a s----y thing to be sure but I don't see the connection with AIDS and it is over now.

Remember this one truth Bruce, as----es are born that way and can't help it. Don't bother getting mad ay them, just avoid them.

Yeah...the thing is those types of comments I just can't leave. How can she be so completely unsympathetic and dismissive about a virus that can impact all people ....it was so utterly selfish and ignorant 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Sister got me that BB-8 Sphero droid toy. Would be nice if it weren't around $200 CAD and we had some degree of floor space for it to roll more than 3 seconds before hitting something. So, have an expensive gift I won't use, great.

But at least the dogs aren't scared of it, that's one bright thing.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

If you think it's that sad that it won't get used, I can give it a loving home. :lol:

On a side note, it sucks to bend over and pet your cat out of habit and your nose starts bleeding. I'm not allowed to bend over, I'm not allowed to run or lift anything heavier than a few pounds. It sucks!

Hah, maybe. I suppose I am poor recipient of gifts, I only really want things I will use else I feel horribly guilty for making the giver waste money. Why I like getting clothes for Christmas, spares me shopping :lol:

Ah well, will fake enthusiasm for it so my sister won't feel hurt. Nothing too major wrong with you, I hope

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Well, a friend of mine has the BB-8 toy and I saw that even when it stands still it can still look around and make noises. It doesn't require that much space to enjoy its personality, which it somehow has more of than most people despite being a tiny ball that makes noises.

Nothing is really wrong, just recovering from surgery to correct my deviated septum and getting a little frustrated from the after effects.

Yeah, will play with it a bit more. Is rather fun to appreciate the control systems in it and watching it does remind me of my design project back in school trying to get autonomous robots to rendezvous.

For some reason my working out is on a downward spiral. I train just as much as before, look the same as before but I don't have as much strength as I had this summer. I have a theory its a seasonal thing.

Other than that I found a Turk on ebay that makes lovely gun grips and I'm looking to spice up my P38 with some ivory looking grips.

You have to hand it to the Germans, the thing is '43 production and after a bluing my father applied it looks as new 72 years later. I believe only the recoil springs were changed in that time. In fact, I was surprised how impressive it is in comparison to some brand new steel guns - a CZ75 I've handled in the shop looks downright crude by comparison. The extremely expensive SIG P226 looks a bit better than the CZ but the grip plastic has mold lines all over and the aluminum frame doesn't exactly scream quality even though the gun has a good reputation (US Navy Seals etc.).

Edited by Drowsy Emperor

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

For some reason my working out is on a downward spiral. I train just as much as before, look the same as before but I don't have as much strength as I had this summer. I have a theory its a seasonal thing.

Sounds a lot like overtraining, take a 10 days break and see if things improve. Whats your exercise schedule? 

As for training, today I improved my deadlift technique and pulled 240kg with so little effort that I need to buy another set of 20kg plates to keep things interesting. The problem is, those plates are super expensive. 

Edited by Woldan

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

Yeah, will play with it a bit more. Is rather fun to appreciate the control systems in it and watching it does remind me of my design project back in school trying to get autonomous robots to rendezvous.

Did you try yelling "it's a trap" at it?

Yep and it rolled right into a wall, made me snicker a little. Shame there aren't more voice commands.

• Like 2

I tried to get decent at Age of Empires 2 but I just can't. It's very strange and frustrating considering I'm excellent at most RTS games. Why can't I get this... WHY!? 

Today sucks.

Edited by Namutree

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

Sounds a lot like overtraining, take a 10 days break and see if things improve. Whats your exercise schedule? 

As for training, today I improved my deadlift technique and pulled 240kg with so little effort that I need to buy another set of 20kg plates to keep things interesting. The problem is, those plates are super expensive. 

It does, doesn't it. Yet I exercise 3-4 times per week, around 2 hours per session and its all just bodyweight exercises, even if they lean toward the extreme side. In other words, nothing extremely taxing for a relatively fit 28yr old. 

On the other hand, my sleep is erratic and I eat garbage half the time.  :getlost: It didn't seem to be a major problem before but it may be catching up to me.

It does, doesn't it. Yet I exercise 3-4 times per week, around 2 hours per session and its all just bodyweight exercises, even if they lean toward the extreme side. In other words, nothing extremely taxing for a relatively fit 28yr old. 

On the other hand, my sleep is erratic and I eat garbage half the time.  :getlost: It didn't seem to be a major problem before but it may be catching up to me.

It could be some kind of psychosomatic development due to subconscious guilt  from one of the questionable things you have done in your past?

John Milton 

I'm going out for dinner tonight with friends at a really cool restaurant called Krisp Bistro

http://krispbistro.co.za/?page_id=94

John Milton 

I tried to get decent at Age of Empires 2 but I just can't. It's very strange and frustrating considering I'm excellent at most RTS games. Why can't I get this... WHY!? 

Today sucks.

Against...the AI, or in multiplayer, or..? What exactly is the bar for "good", here? :p

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

I went sprinting this morning and am now very tired. Downed a shake for breakfast and am currently pretending to work.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands

I went sprinting this morning and am now very tired. Downed a shake for breakfast and am currently pretending to work.

Yeah early cardio training can do that, I find if I train in the morning I get very tired at the mid afternoon

John Milton 

Today sucks.

Excellent ? What's your APM, bro ?

I'm playing Warcraft III Frozen Throne and even though I suck its still fun.

If anyone is up for a game over Tunngle drop me a PM.