Fallout 4 is coming soon.. is there a new OB Fallout Scheduled?

dava4444

Hm, I'm actually considering re-starting over again, to try not exploring quite so much before I hit Diamond City....  It seems in the space of a very short amount of time you end up with a whole bunch of companions that all need to follow you and get their opinion of you boosted by how you handle various quests and deal with people you meet.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Well, apparently they do provide specific perks once the disposition is a certain point, and some do have unique quests that will trigger. At least I've had one from Curie after she'd had a bunch of "likes" to my actions, so I kind of imagine there must be other companions with similar.

I've been playing this game for 15+ hours without touching the main-quest and so far I've had a blast. The side-quests and random encounters are very amusing and fun and the weapons feel great.  Sure, the game does have some shortcomings but they don't really bother me because there are a lot of things that this game does right. The characters for instance have a lot of personality and the voice acting is great. The graphics aren't that bad either. Sure, they aren't exactly "nexgen" but they are by not means ugly.I am playing this game on the PS4 btw and so far I've had only one crash but no stuttering or any texture issues.  The game is a solid 8 out of 10 for me so far.

• Like 1

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

I'm assuming that is part of the mystery.  I fully expect that my kid may be an adult when I find him.  Just hope it doesn't turn into an Oedipus scenario.

I fully expect him to have embraced evil and I'll be conflicted since he's working with the people who killed his mom.

For 5 seconds before I shoot the brat.

Are you people just guessing or did you guys look it up?

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

I'm assuming that is part of the mystery.  I fully expect that my kid may be an adult when I find him.  Just hope it doesn't turn into an Oedipus scenario.

I fully expect him to have embraced evil and I'll be conflicted since he's working with the people who killed his mom.

The child will be the main boss, you have to fight him, you only realized he is your son afterward

Are you people just guessing or did you guys look it up?

That's pretty much a guess based on the usual expectation of Bethesda writing following the standard obvious clichés.

Seems the game really is made for power armour.

With the armour on all my resistances are over 1,000 but certain enemies still give me tons of damage. I guess without the power armour I would've been oneshotted.

Especially with enemies no longer appearing on your compass outside combat it means you can get ambushed very easily.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

I'm hoping the game isn't scaled to Power Armor; while in reals it would be the best option, I'm not a fan of being railroaded into a superior choice.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

You need special power cells to power your armor, which are a rare resource, most of the game you will be without it. If you are doing something exceedingly hard or with a level disparity you can come back in power armor and kick ass. Good choice I think. You have power armor long enough to feel awesome and not log enough to be fed up with it. 

Fiddled a little more with the settings, everything is on high except depth of field and god rays, Fov set to 90. Runs just fine, although I do get stutter with multiple hostiles 6-8 or more. Those encounters are so rare that I'm not that bothered by it. 

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

I got spoilered again :bat:  I was just searching for an .ini tweak and near the top was an RPG Codex (of course) thread with "the twist" in block caps as the title...bahhhh!

What's most bothersome to me is more that I want to know the story, but my issue is that currently, there are details of the story that just seem absolutely asenine and have seemingly no explanation. Thus I'm left sitting here questioning if that issue was addressed and answered in a main quest I haven't seen yet, OR if Bethesda's writing is just that asenine and the game does have plot holes left and right. I dunno which is the case, so here I am waiting for either a thorough Let's Play or a very concise summary from a trusted source that either explains some of the details I'm not understanding OR at least confirms "it DOESN'T make sense, Bethesda derped again."

It's driving my curiousity nuts while I wait.

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Ok so disclaimer : don't know the twist. Buut. I can't watch a movie without guessing at the plot. In no particular order :

You are a synth.

Everybody in the commonwealth is a synth.

The infiltrators sent out by the institute are actually humans.

The institute needs you to recreate the human race (because everybody is a synth and you are the only remaining human)

Battlestar Gallactica human-synth baby synthesis.

The matrix/Vanlilla Sky you are in a simulation trying to get out. 

Na na  na na  na na  ...

That is all.

Ok so disclaimer : don't know the twist. Buut. I can't watch a movie without guessing at the plot. In no particular order :

You are a synth.

The institute needs you to recreate the human race (because everybody is a synth and you are the only remaining human)

The spoilers I saw don't discount some of those as being possible but I haven't really gotten far enough to know.  All I'll say is that when I first saw the intro in that E3 preview I pretty much guessed what "the twist" might be.  It's not even a clever twist, I'm just frustrated that I didn't get to discover it myself...sometimes I hate the internet.

Edited by WDeranged

For my part, while I want folks to be careful about spoilers in this thread, I know I won't be buying the game soon enough to avoid spoilerage. Spiteful spoilers will be moderated on this board, but as the game's been out for a while folks get a bit more careless and I don't want to grief people for making honest mistakes or just forgetting.

...But I've been reading this thread faithfully and I'm on the edge about buying it. My gut instinct is that I will, but after deep discounts. I really want to see another New Vegasesque game although I could understand not wanting to pimp or whore the Las Vegas setting again.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

For my part, while I want folks to be careful about spoilers in this thread, I know I won't be buying the game soon enough to avoid spoilerage. Spiteful spoilers will be moderated on this board, but as the game's been out for a while folks get a bit more careless and I don't want to grief people for making honest mistakes or just forgetting.

...But I've been reading this thread faithfully and I'm on the edge about buying it. My gut instinct is that I will, but after deep discounts. I really want to see another New Vegasesque game although I could understand not wanting to pimp or whore the Las Vegas setting again.

If I hadn't been waiting four years for this game I'd have hung on for patches and drivers, best wait I'd say.  As it stands I've been spoilered, stuttered and glitched to the point where I think I might uninstall it and play something else for a while.  It'll be a great game once it's fixed but whatever magical feelings I had about it are almost gone.

You are a synth.

The matrix/Vanlilla Sky you are in a simulation trying to get out. 

You are a synth.

The spoilers I saw don't discount some of those as being possible but I haven't really gotten far enough to know.  All I'll say is that when I first saw the intro in that E3 preview I pretty much guessed what "the twist" might be.  It's not even a clever twist, I'm just frustrated that I didn't get to discover it myself...sometimes I hate the internet.

Without saying too much, none of what he listed is correct. However, I will say the actual twist is about as creative as the ones he listed; it's certainly nothing outrageously original or clever, and I think when you find it, you'll perhaps groan at it and think "really bethesda" rather than "OH **** THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING."

Like I said, at this point I'm more interested if certain story details I've come across are undeniable plot holes or if they get addressed somewhere along the way, problem being I don't know where to look for my answers. :p

I've got another.

The railroad are the ones who kill your husband/wife, they do it to find the institute, making use of the most intense of human movtivations, mother's/father's love for their son. 

giphy.gif

and/or you are synth 1000 sent back from the future and/or programmed with the memory of the murder of your husband. 

The last humans are trapped inside the institute and they can't get out. 

Na na  na na  na na  ...

That is all.

I've got another.

The railroad are the ones who kill your husband/wife, they do it to find the institute, making use of the most intense of human movtivations, mother's/father's love for their son. 

giphy.gif

and/or you are synth 1000 sent back from the future and/or programmed with the memory of the murder of your husband. 

Those sound way too interesting for a Bethesda game.  :lol:

I've got another.

giphy.gif

Those sound way too interesting for a Bethesda game.  :lol:

Needs more plotholes. And societies composed of children.