Battletech

ShadySands

that sounds good, I would expect some expansions than

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

that sounds good, I would expect some expansions than

Even if it is Paradox.. :p

Finally got a Hunchback with an AC/20. Feels good to swat Commando's or Locusts with one shot.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

This looks interesting:https://www.nexusmods.com/battletech/mods/25

Probably going to try this on my post-end savegame.

/Edit: Ok, doesn't seem to work retroactively. If the difficulty increased already, there is no way back.

Edited by Lexx
  • Like 1

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

I have increased the the amount of contracts and how often they get refreshed but not touched story difficulty.  I save so much time and money by not constantly traveling that I recommend everyone make that change... just like skipping the intro.

I also edited travel time down a bit 

Edited by ShadySands
  • Like 1

Free games updated 3/4/21

I just got another 800MB patch, but I don't see any patch notes yet.

Ask and ye shall receive!

Release 1.0.2 Notes, 5/4/2018

• Fixes to video player codec behavior to resolve .dll access violations that were causing consistent video player crashes for a small set of users.
  • Memory management improvements.
  • Fixing issues with the Valhalla Shadow Hawk variant failing to load in missions when selected.
  • Like 1

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Well, at least 35.5k people were playing it at peak on Steam: http://steamcharts.com/app/637090

/edit: Ooooh, I just noticed there is an "Event Editor" in the games folder now. Seems we are able to make our own... Man, really sucks that I am such a ****ty writer. Otherwise I'd start on a couple new events right away.

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Well, at least 35.5k people were playing it at peak on Steam: http://steamcharts.com/app/637090

/edit: Ooooh, I just noticed there is an "Event Editor" in the games folder now. Seems we are able to make our own... Man, really sucks that I am such a ****ty writer. Otherwise I'd start on a couple new events right away.

Cmon man, we know you are great modder

• Like 1

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

where can I get latest stand alone patch??? I got gog version without gog installer

Hm, so in the 2nd Artru mission I have to expose my lance to two round's worth of back shots for a surprise that doesn't even reach the enemies. Someone certainly got trolled but it wasn't the opposition.

I've started a new campaign with some slight modifications to the starting mechs. Gave me an Atlas, a Catapult and a Hunchback, because why not. \o/

Playing with the beta patch, and it does feel like enemy compositions have been tweaked. I have yet to see a single mission with additional reinforcements. In fact, in one mission there was even a landingship insertion. This is a much different experience than what I had in my first campaign where I had reinforcements almost every match.

Also: I've only done the first story mission. Then started an assassination contract.... and the target is a Catapult. Wtf. In my last campaign I hadn't seen one until 30 or so hours in. Random really can be a bitch at times.

Edited by Lexx

Subduing Victoria in one mission was fun, literally ended with my Hunchback and her Catapult exchanging melee attacks

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Playing with the beta patch, and it does feel like enemy compositions have been tweaked. I have yet to see a single mission with additional reinforcements. In fact, in one mission there was even a landingship insertion. This is a much different experience than what I had in my first campaign where I had reinforcements almost every match.

That's pretty cool. "Beta" patch, though? That's an opt-in on Steam, I take it? I haven't installed any patches because there seems to be no standalone installer and it's all handled through CDPR's proprietary bloatware.

So after much moaning and bitching about headshots, I found a simple mod that prevents head hits from automatically triggering a pilot injury if the cоckpit armor is still there, and damage is less than 4. Punches and AC/5 shots can still hurt (or kill) the pilot, but random MG rounds and LRM spam won't. I'm a happy man.

Anyway, and to fulfill the daily stupid quota. I was browsing the official boards and randomly came across a thread complaining that you can't really make blond characters. I didn't catch this the first time around because I always make my characters bald badasses by default, but it turns out it's true. I don't know what's worse—that they left that option out, the reactions it triggered, or the lame moderators interjecting every other post with an obnoxious reminder to keep politics/religion/sex out of the thread and liberally editing any posts commenting on the moderation. ****ing gestapo wannabes, man.

Edited by 213374U

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Yeah, the beta patch is via Steam. I usually always opt-in to beta patches for like any game.

About the blonde hair:

RaWhHhY.jpg

That's the closest you can do. Not perfect, but oh well. No idea why there is no brighter hair color, considering there is red and pink and stuff, but I find it hard to believe that this is due to some weird sjw agenda.

The event editor was there from the start ...

1.13 killed off Ja2.

The random fudge factor is screwing me over. Not in terms of winning missions because the only one I couldn't save-scum into a win so far was a base defense where a total of nine mechs (six of them as "reinforcements") spawned right next to the buildings I was supposed to protect, blowing them away before I even got a full turn out.

Nah, every time I negotiate for more salvage becaus the mission promises to have some nice loot I go home with half a dozen Locust and Commando parts, and the two skull mission I did for money right now had three Jaegermechs and a Grasshopper spawning (I'm still on mediums trying to train my roster as the last story mission headshotted my primary mech warrior group to a combined 200 day hospital time) and I got two medium lasers for fun and "profit" out of it. Meh.

Edited by majestic

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

I almost always negotiate for full salvage. I always have to sell a lot of mechs and weapons for money but I get a new mech or two pretty much every mission so it's been worth it for me.

Edited by ShadySands

Free games updated 3/4/21

I almost always negotiate for full salvage. I always have to sell a lot of mechs and weapons for money but I get a new mech or two pretty much every mission so it's been worth it for me.

Feels like producing laser cannons but it's probably more profitable in the long run. Hrm.

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

That's the closest you can do. Not perfect, but oh well. No idea why there is no brighter hair color, considering there is red and pink and stuff, but I find it hard to believe that this is due to some weird sjw agenda.

Yeah, that's not really "blonde" hair, though. Light brown under good lighting. I don't know about any conspiracies but in the current climate it was rather... harebrained of them to leave that out, while very carefully adding the option to play as blue haired female black Fu Manchu or whatever.

wot.jpg

In all likelihood there is no malice, no hidden agenda behind what is simply a crappy character generator. Anyway, quota fulfilled, moving on. Turns out if that you eject a merc that has the Ace Pilot talent, the game gets stuck and you can't progress. Yay for QA and ****. I'm starting to get real tired of games being released systematically in what amounts to a beta state.

I have no one to blame but myself, I guess. If I did as Gromnir and waited at least a year before purchase, I would get games at half the price and in a decently polished state. **** this ****, I'm out. See y'all in six months.

Edited by 213374U

Enemies seem to have this uncanny ability to hit my head even though a called shot is usually 2% when I do it to them. I would let it go but when it happens to the same guy twice in the same battle I get a bit suspicious.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

It's just pure RNG. I've *never* hit a called shot to the head at all in my 73 hours so far, but every once in a while my generic non-aimed shots will do it.

• Like 1

It's just pure RNG. I've *never* hit a called shot to the head at all in my 73 hours so far, but every once in a while my generic non-aimed shots will do it.

Nope, it consistently happens on this particular mission that I have a pilot hit on the head twice. It is not the first time it happens, it seems that HBS likes to kill off a member of your party on story missions. Add gravitas and extend what it is a very short game by having you grind back into shape. Maybe i'm just paranoid, then again it did happen on three separate attempts on the same mission.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Yeah, that's not really "blonde" hair, though. Light brown under good lighting. I don't know about any conspiracies but in the current climate it was rather... harebrained of them to leave that out, while very carefully adding the option to play as blue haired female black Fu Manchu or whatever.

wot.jpg

In all likelihood there is no malice, no hidden agenda behind what is simply a crappy character generator. Anyway, quota fulfilled, moving on. Turns out if that you eject a merc that has the Ace Pilot talent, the game gets stuck and you can't progress. Yay for QA and ****. I'm starting to get real tired of games being released systematically in what amounts to a beta state.

I have no one to blame but myself, I guess. If I did as Gromnir and waited at least a year before purchase, I would get games at half the price and in a decently polished state. **** this ****, I'm out. See y'all in six months.

Oh come on. Just by being a member of this forum you acknowledge that you like and WILL play unfinished, buggy etc game releases. 

• Like 2

1.13 killed off Ja2.