Democalypse 2016

ShadySands

And another one down and another one down and another bites the dust. Bum bum bum... another one bits the dust

Admit it, you are SO humming that right now! :lol:

• Like 2

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

And another one down and another one down and another bites the dust. Bum bum bum... another one bits the dust

Admit it, you are SO humming that right now! laughing.gif

tumblr_lfhnpolnnR1qzr5r3o1_400.jpg

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Another one bites the dust

Scott Walker Quits the 2016 Presidential Race

Short of support and cash, Gov. Scott Walker of Wisconsin, saying he had been “called to lead by helping to clear the field,” announced Monday that he was suspending his bid for the Republican presidential nomination.

In a brief news conference in Madison, Mr. Walker referred sharply to Donald J. Trump’s influence on the primary contest, saying he hoped his exit would make it possible for “a positive conservative message” to take hold in the crowded race.

“I encourage other Republican presidential candidates to consider doing the same, so that the voters can focus on a limited number of candidates who can offer a positive conservative alternative to the current front-runner,” Mr. Walker said in the short appearance, at which he took no questions. “This is fundamentally important to the future of the party and, more importantly, to the future of our country.”

Mr. Walker’s withdrawal is a humiliating climb down for a Republican governor once seen as leading a charmed political life. He started the year at the top of the polls but has seen his position gradually deteriorate, amid the rise of Mr. Trump’s populist campaign and repeated missteps by Mr. Walker himself.

Yeah I heard about this and its all because of Trump

You know guys I have a question to all Republican supporters on this forum...Walker summarized my view

"Mr. Walker’s pointed rebuke of Mr. Trump gave powerful voice to the private fears of many Republicans that the party risked alienating large parts of the electorate — Hispanics, women, immigrants, veterans, and most recently, Muslims — if Mr. Trump continued vilifying or mocking them as part of his overtures to angry and disaffected voters "

Do you guys realize that you cannot win if Trump becomes the presidential candidate...or  rather let me say its highly unlikely 

Trump by alienating the various minorities will be unintentionally the Republicans biggest problem....I have said this before but now its become  a common criticism from within the Republican ranks. Does this not concern the Republican supporters on this forum...it should concern you because I assume this  presidential race is not just about grandstanding and theatrics ...its about actually winning ?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Bruce, this whole primary process is like watching a train wreck in slow motion. You are horrified buy what you see, yet you cannot look away. Whoever wins the Presidency in 2016 I'll sleep a lot more soundly as long as both houses of Congress are controlled by the other party.

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Bruce, this whole primary process is like watching a train wreck in slow motion. You are horrified buy what you see, yet you cannot look away. Whoever wins the Presidency in 2016 I'll sleep a lot more soundly as long as both houses of Congress are controlled by the other party.

" like watching a train wreck in slow motion " :lol:

I like your usage of metaphors when you make points, they generally apt but humorous

I used another one you made  when I described that new D&D game to my brothers, I said "its like a Ham sandwich..nothing wrong with that as long as all you want is a Ham sandwich "   :biggrin:

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

tumblr_nuzgkxkKjO1shiv3ro1_500.pngToday's right-wing populists suck. This reads like me when I'm fudging an essay.

Says you, this is comedy gold.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Two words... train wreck

Thomas Sowell

Self aggrandizement. That is all he is about I think.

• Like 1

Thomas Sowell

Trump is a shill for Clinton who will crash the Republican party with no survivors.

Trump is a shill for Clinton who will crash the Republican party with no survivors.

I used to think that but now it seems like he's more of an agent provocateur trying to upset the current state of elections. If so; good going, about time we finally took the presidential circus for what it is and have fun with this show.

• Like 1
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Remember that everything will work out in the end, fellas.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=7&v=t4aKOhbbK9E

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Ohio IIRC

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

John Boehner is resigning as the most hated man in a house of truly hated people. The democrats hate him because he's not a democrat the republicans hate him because he IS a democrat. I hate him because he has broken every promise he's made, rubber stamped everything the President wanted and generally showed he has no spine whatsoever.

Good f-----g riddance I say. Now if only he could take Mitch McConnell with him when he goes because everything I just wrote describes him too.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/09/26/us/john-boehner-to-resign-from-congress.html  

• Like 2

Thomas Sowell

GD... aren't we forgetting that Boehner was the one who fought against the President so hard he literally shut down the government in a petty squabble, and killed the credit rating for the federal government?

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I'd say that Boehner is a reasonable guy who was in an impossible situation.  It's impossible because a quarter of his caucus (and the media and other entities supporting them-- largely right-wing talk radio) have lied to their constituents, promising that they could achieve all manner of victories in spite of Senate filibuster rules and executive veto powers if their leadership were simply "tougher."  The wingnuts probably all know that this isn't true, but they want to look like badasses for taking on "the establishment" and they're nihilistic enough to not care about the collateral damage that they do along the way.  (Alternately, they're cynically responding to their own political realities-- they're sitting in gerrymandered districts where the only real threat to their re-election is a primary challenger from even further out the right wing.  The only safe way to prevent that is to never compromise on anything, even if said compromise would avoid serious harm to the nation that they profess to love and take an oath to defend.) 

I don't agree with a whole lot in Boehner's politics, but I respect that he was an earnest guy who cared about serving his country and who was doing the best he could in the situation he was presented with. 

Edited by Enoch
  • Like 2