Democalypse 2016

ShadySands

Aaand Rick Perry has dropped out

Rick Perry suspends his presidential bid with ‘no regrets’

"When I gave my life to Christ, I said, 'Your ways are greater than my ways. Your will is superior to mine,'" Perry told the audience of several hundred activists at the conservative Eagle Forum's summit. "Today I submit to you His will remains a mystery, but some things have become clear to me. That is why today I am suspending my campaign for the presidency of the United States."

Sorry for the new thread/topic but the old one is locked. I'm assuming for length.

Free games updated 3/4/21

"When I gave my life to Christ, I said, 'Your ways are greater than my ways. Your will is superior to mine,'" Perry told the audience of several hundred activists at the conservative Eagle Forum's summit. "Today I submit to you His will remains a mystery, but some things have become clear to me. That is why today I am suspending my campaign for the presidency of the United States."

Sorry for the new thread/topic but the old one is locked. I'm assuming for length.

Why did he even bother running?

Edited by Namutree

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

Why did he even bother running?

Publicity for a book and/or potential senator or VP.

• Like 2

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

New level of respect for the man.

Say what you want of his politics but Joe Biden is a decent human being and he doesn't come across as fake...unlike the current frontrunners for both parties.

• Like 4

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

New level of respect for the man.

Say what you want of his politics but Joe Biden is a decent human being and he doesn't come across as fake...unlike the current frontrunners for both parties.

What he said about his son was very moving and sincere. Yes he did impress me overall

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

No money, no support, no hope and a crowded field of much better candidates. No surprise. Lindsey Graham will be next. If only he'd take Jeb Bush with him. You can't out-democrat the democrats.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

The one thing I like about Joe is he actually seems capable of working with his opponents.  Unlike Clinton and pretty much the entire Republican field.  Actually Chris Christie might be the exception in red, but his campaign has just not moved.

The one thing I like about Joe is he actually seems capable of working with his opponents.  Unlike Clinton and pretty much the entire Republican field.  Actually Chris Christie might be the exception in red, but his campaign has just not moved.

That would be the the top voting factor for me, from either side. Issues and beliefs may be secondary to getting someone elected who is willing to work with the opposing party --and whom the other side can actually work with. I actually do want a functioning and productive government.

But then again, that's a pipe dream. The days of Reagan and Tip O'Neil are long gone.

• Like 2

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

Of course they want their preferred candidate to work with the opposition...by having the opposition concede and compromise with their preferred candidate, and never the other the other way around. :)

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Of course they want their preferred candidate to work with the opposition...by having the opposition concede and compromise with their preferred candidate, and never the other the other way around. :)

Sure. Best way to do that is to switch out the crazies from the Republican party for moderates in the Congress.  :)

Unfortunately, a lot of those Republican crazies are liked well enough by their constituents to actually be voted in, so I'd prefer the more equal motion of removing all crazies from all phases of the election process in general.

...Of course, one man's crazy is another man's realist or whatever else, I think the saying more or less goes, so there's no way to do that democratically. :p

• Like 2

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

"Parties working together" generally means Democrats getting everything they want. Thus not that popular with the Republican base just now. More popular with the Republican establishment, but their only job is to be corporate whores.

• Like 1

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

If I vote for the Republican candidate (by no means a certainty) I DO NOT was one that will work with Democrats, I was one that can STOP democrats. Their idea of compromise is to give them their way. I like my government paralyzed and unmoving. If they cancel each other out then neither side can hurt anyone.

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

"Parties working together" generally means Democrats getting everything they want. Thus not that popular with the Republican base just now. More popular with the Republican establishment, but their only job is to be corporate whores.

You have posted some off the wall stuff lately but you hit the nail on the head here.

Thomas Sowell

Well, if the GOP wins the upcoming presidential election, they probably won't really need to work with the Democrats, anyways, as Republicans will control both sides of Congress (unless things really turn around for the Democrats, but the Republicans have a pretty large advantage in the House of Representatives, and a fairly large advantage in the Senate, too, so I doubt the Democrats seize control of either outright in the upcoming cycle, but I suppose it could happen), the Supreme Court, and the White House. That will be...interesting, to say the least, if that does happen (...and though I lean, I think, roughly slightly center-right - or maybe just roughly center - I must say that I don't feel comfortable in all of that happening).

Edited by Bartimaeus

I like Biden (as a person more so than as a politician) and hope that he runs, though admittedly, mostly because it helps Bernie by splitting the establishment.

Plus every time he opens his mouth there is a 35% chance something stupid will come out. His run will be as entertaining as it will be futile!

• Like 1

Thomas Sowell

Another one bites the dust

Scott Walker Quits the 2016 Presidential Race

Short of support and cash, Gov. Scott Walker of Wisconsin, saying he had been “called to lead by helping to clear the field,” announced Monday that he was suspending his bid for the Republican presidential nomination.

In a brief news conference in Madison, Mr. Walker referred sharply to Donald J. Trump’s influence on the primary contest, saying he hoped his exit would make it possible for “a positive conservative message” to take hold in the crowded race.

“I encourage other Republican presidential candidates to consider doing the same, so that the voters can focus on a limited number of candidates who can offer a positive conservative alternative to the current front-runner,” Mr. Walker said in the short appearance, at which he took no questions. “This is fundamentally important to the future of the party and, more importantly, to the future of our country.”

Mr. Walker’s withdrawal is a humiliating climb down for a Republican governor once seen as leading a charmed political life. He started the year at the top of the polls but has seen his position gradually deteriorate, amid the rise of Mr. Trump’s populist campaign and repeated missteps by Mr. Walker himself.
  • Like 1

Free games updated 3/4/21