Journalism and Bias in the Gaming Industry

Blarghagh

Is there a certification to become a trained feminist?

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

That makes it sound like they are the useful idiots in a much bigger scheme.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Citation Games By the United Nations’ #CyberViolence

There's even citation to a file in someones own hard drive. That's the grandma error. In a research paper. For the freaking UN.

These people... they really have no standards or expertise, and why should they have when all the criticism can be waved away with accusations of "harassment" and "misogyny".

Oh right, I forgot. It isn't harassment anymore, it's "cyber violence".

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

All those people doing cyber bdsm must be feeling confused right now.

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

CPgMawQUEAAdnPt.png

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

Is it just me or does Moviebob sound more and more like a fascist every time I visit his twitter?
He's got some serious Superior Being mentality going on.

3GGbucY.png

mcqSK5l.png

It's not just the future, it's "The Future".

When in doubt, blame the elves.

I have always hated the word "censorship", I prefer seeing it as just removing content that isn't suitable or is considered offensive

Nah, just your typical "progressive" left-winger using "progressive" rhetoric in the usual way.

I wouldn't say he's becoming 'more and more' like that though, it seems to be pretty much in line with this notorious tweet of his from about a year ago:

c92I1VV.png

"Some ideas are so stupid that only an intellectual could believe them." -- attributed to George Orwell

For the freaking UN.

To be fair, though, it's not like that report's going to be debated in the Security Council anytime soon, or something like that. The UN has dozens of bureaus, agencies, commissions, and whatever else the thesaurus could come up with, that operate largely independently. It's not that the standards are higher there than in any other thing that is producing papers of that sort.

Therefore I have sailed the seas and come

To the holy city of Byzantium. -W.B. Yeats

Χριστός ἀνέστη!

From what I've read on his twitter he finds Bernie Sanders too radical, is an ardent Hilary Clinton supporter, believes Obama has done nothing wrong and thinks capitalism is an entirely neutral force in our society.

Sounds like a standard description of a US establishment left-authoritarian to me, but whatever. The term "liberal" is so ambiguous that I suppose it can fit too if you want it to... ;) (It was the more specific "neo-liberal" which I found strange in this context.)

---

Moving on, more UN silliness:

CP2QbNaVAAE65GV.png

Harassing smileys?

I'm half-disappointed they didn't coin the term "cyber catcalling" for those, yet.

Also, I'm wondering if they intend to establish a cyber authority to cyber investigate and cyber prosecute all that cyber violence. Will there be cyber prisons? :p(<-- showing tongue, so definitely a sexually harassing smiley!)

"Some ideas are so stupid that only an intellectual could believe them." -- attributed to George Orwell

For the freaking UN.

To be fair, though, it's not like that report's going to be debated in the Security Council anytime soon, or something like that. The UN has dozens of bureaus, agencies, commissions, and whatever else the thesaurus could come up with, that operate largely independently. It's not that the standards are higher there than in any other thing that is producing papers of that sort.

Yep, it's basically the same as the 'congressional briefings' from earlier in the year, very little practical effect and interested parties do reports for the UN every day.

Doesn't mean that there won't be attempts by countries to make that sort of crap law but there would be with or without the bleating at the UN.

8==D

I hope everyone here now feels properly harassed by my cyber-exhibitionism. *pose*

I have been cyber violated.  You have shattered my innocence and I'll never get it back.

/faints 

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks