Journalism and Bias in the Gaming Industry

Blarghagh

"B-b-but video games re-enforce gender binarism/stereotype/violence/racism/xenophobia/misogyny"

**** OFF. YOU DO NOT HAVE TO JUSTIFY ARTISTIC FREEDOM. EVER.

Edited by Meshugger

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Me, i'm old and hard of...hearing...have poor vision...yes that's it. If the rest of you don't post in this style then I am offended and you're all harassing me!

No I will not wear my glasses, you should adapt to me, because i'm worth it. I use that shampoo...on my bald head.

Edited by Nonek

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Heh, the cyber touch stuff reminded me of the "virtual rape" video that was making the rounds after GTA Online went out.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Who exactly are you large font bold print yelling at?

The post is a placeholder that i can copy/paste in the future. I am that lazy. Stream-lining the content for maximum post/thread-ratio.

Carry on.

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I'm subjected to cyber idiocy on a daily basis.  I've also been the victim of online trolling more times than I can count.  I ask for, nay DEMAND, justice.  Also, send money to my Patreon to help with my terribly wounded psyche.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

So is there a difference between cyber bullying and cyber touching or cyber violence?

Doesn't seem to be, well at least in the way it is used. Not sure what cyber violence would be, exactly.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

"Dungeons & Dragons, the medieval satanic..."

My hot tub must have been a time machine, what year is this?

1982.  I hear in December (the 28th) there's going to be a movie adaption on CBS of that book "Mazes and Monsters" that Rona Jaffe wrote last year that was a fictional version of the disappearance of James Egbert at Michigan State in '79.  No doubt we should be prepared for another round of misunderstanding - if this keeps up I no doubt expect Jack Chick to put D&D in a Chick Track further cementing this idea that D&D players think magic is real and worship pagan gods...

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Crazy, right?  The whole hoopla over D&D getting people into satanic rituals and making them kill themselves, that was back in the 80s, wasn't it?

Edit:  Never mind, Amentep answered that question while I was typing this.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

For once, i am quite happy that the UN has no power. This is so surreal.

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

1982.  I hear in December (the 28th) there's going to be a movie adaption on CBS of that book "Mazes and Monsters" that Rona Jaffe wrote last year that was a fictional version of the disappearance of James Egbert at Michigan State in '79.  No doubt we should be prepared for another round of misunderstanding - if this keeps up I no doubt expect Jack Chick to put D&D in a Chick Track further cementing this idea that D&D players think magic is real and worship pagan gods...

D&D players are Alan Moore?

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

So is there a difference between cyber bullying and cyber touching or cyber violence?

I would think cyber bullying and cyber violence would be one and the same.  I think cyber violence is just a ludicrous and sensationalized term for cyber bullying, which I deem to be an accurate term (Surprise, people can be ***holes over the internet just as easily as they can be ***holes in real life.  In fact, it's easier to be an ***hole over the internet because of anonymity so that cowards in real life can be tough guys and gals on the net [it is my theory that the majority of bullies and trolls on the net are cowards in real life]).  I have no clue what kind of nonsense cyber touching is supposed to be.  Is that like pinging somebody's computer?

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"I can think of literally nothing more privileged than being able to ask the UN to stop people to make fun of you on the Internet"

https://www.reddit.com/r/KotakuInAction/comments/3mbvky/i_can_think_of_literally_nothing_more_privileged/

• Like 3

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

Admit it, he'd be a wicked DM.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Admit it, he'd be a wicked DM.

While he would come up with great stories, it would take him to long to describe various actions given how slowly he speaks.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

While he would come up with great stories, it would take him to long to describe various actions given how slowly he speaks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fS0r3VNdV_k

• Like 1

When in doubt, blame the elves.

I have always hated the word "censorship", I prefer seeing it as just removing content that isn't suitable or is considered offensive

CPw_Sq_MVAAA1x_Ap.png

(cited in the UN thing).

This is unreal. Pokemon is making killer toddlers? This what Sarkeesian and Quinn went to UN with?

It starts to be about ****ing time gaming journalism to wake the **** up and take their collective heads out of their collective asses and call out these two for what they are.

For the bonus round:

http://twitter.com/ibbibby/status/647458631709908993/photo/1

Edited by kirottu
  • Like 1

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

CPw_Sq_MVAAA1x_Ap.png

(cited in the UN thing).

This is unreal. Pokemon is making killer toddlers? This what Sarkeesian and Quinn went to UN with?

It starts to be about ****ing time gaming journalism to wake the **** up and take their collective heads out of their collective asses and call out these two for what they are.

For the bonus round:

http://twitter.com/ibbibby/status/647458631709908993/photo/1

...and we have come full circle.

Supremé!

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

If  Anita and co were male like Jack Thompson nobody would take them seriously. Male privledge? No. Female privledge is a real thing.

\Then again, this is a world where men can't be raped or abused or be victims. Only women can.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

So the new moral panic will have welloff and perpetually offended hipsters on the offensive instead of well off and perpetually offended christians?

• Like 1