Journalism and Bias in the Gaming Industry

Blarghagh

Well the claims of mass harassment are quickly becoming farcical, the Twitter example was disproven through independent analysis, and it's quite obviously just a means to silence debate or opposition to fashionable groupthink. Of course the fashionable lie will still be parroted, especially when the corrupt media are championing that falsehood, and trying to spin their false agenda, but then again they are digging their own graves as they become more and more irrelevant and fail to just do their jobs, or even step down from their podiums.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Well, what are the odds of articles such as this emerging after the Nyberg fiasco? http://www.salon.com/2015/09/21/im_a_pedophile_but_not_a_monster/

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Well, what are the odds of articles such as this emerging after the Nyberg fiasco? http://www.salon.com/2015/09/21/im_a_pedophile_but_not_a_monster/

Wait for the twitter hashtag #notallpedos.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

IMGur DDos:ing 8chan??!!

f57b37ccc0.png

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Wait for the twitter hashtag #notallpedos.

#JaredDidNothingWrong

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

A bunch of the usual sjw suspects got invited to Google to help "combat harassment" or something.

Honestly I kind of want to see what they could do if someone gave them any real power. So I can sit here with popcorn and watch the bloody mess. Because nothing these people ever make (and they would inevitably make something that targets people for the flimsiest nonsense they will define as "harassment") could be even handed and objective as that would be immediately turned against all the sjw types who regularly flame others.

Which leaves only something shady, non-transparent, full of double-standards and hidden privileges that divide people between the right kind of a-holes and the wrong kind of a-holes based on political alignment. The mess would be glorious.

Google, I wonder whether they regard spying on foreign nationals as harassment?

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Google, I wonder whether they regard spying on foreign nationals as harassment?

The US government doesn't.

A bunch of the usual sjw suspects got invited to Google to help "combat harassment" or something.

Honestly I kind of want to see what they could do if someone gave them any real power. So I can sit here with popcorn and watch the bloody mess. Because nothing these people ever make (and they would inevitably make something that targets people for the flimsiest nonsense they will define as "harassment") could be even handed and objective as that would be immediately turned against all the sjw types who regularly flame others.

Which leaves only something shady, non-transparent, full of double-standards and hidden privileges that divide people between the right kind of a-holes and the wrong kind of a-holes based on political alignment. The mess would be glorious.

I doubt much will happen. It will probably consist of some feel-good speeches and a statement condemning harassment or some other fluff for PR.

• Like 3

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Look at Google Ideas homepage and despair!!1

Hellooooo Geocities. The only thing missing is a guestbook, a visitor counter and the pageunderconstruction.gif.

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

Is Google Ideas trapped in 2000?

Oh boy. So the U.N recently had a thing.

i4AJoI9.png

jPU6FSP.jpg

http://www.broadbandcommission.org/Documents/reports/bb-wg-gender-report2015.pdf

Edited by GhoulishVisage
  • Like 1

When in doubt, blame the elves.

I have always hated the word "censorship", I prefer seeing it as just removing content that isn't suitable or is considered offensive

Unbelievable. After a whole year of this, they are still spewing the same BS.

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

So lets brand media as gender friendly and... what would be the opposite of that? Unfriendly, aka bigoted? So your games would have an official government stamp as being bigoted.

How long would it take for "soft" to creep towards harder? Because who would accept bigoted.

EDIT:

CPt4p6_UUEAA6af_Q.jpg

"Cyber touch"

terminator_2_judgement_day_310089l_imagi

Edited by Fighter
  • Like 1

Gamergate is mentioned in this video. The type of response is pretty much what you expect.

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

GhoulishVisage, on 25 Sept 2015 - 08:21 AM, said:GhoulishVisage, on 25 Sept 2015 - 08:21 AM, said:

Oh boy. So the U.N recently had a thing.

i4AJoI9.png

"Violent video games are turning children, mostly boys, into killing zombies." Now i'll not say anything about this conspiracy theory that has no factual evidence behind it, and relies on McIntosh and his sock puppets feelings, but I will state that perhaps there could be a law denying the sale of violent video games to children. What, we already have one I hear you say? Well then the matter has been resolved, simply enforce that law or trust parents to know their children and buy responsibly. 

Edit: I think there should rather be a seal on political statements, calling out whether they are absolute equine fecal matter or not, reacting to the latest fashionable trends or outrages for a few positive column inches and potential votes.

Edited by Nonek

Tea for the teapot!

The weird thing to me is that the UN article linked above cites as proof of video games creating "violent zombies" an article done immediately after Columbine - http://www.21stcenturysciencetech.com/articles/New_violence.html - in 2000.

So their "recent research" for the "Zombie" quote isn't actually research but a magazine article.  The article itself is 15 years old and some of the incidents it portrays are 20.

They then point to an 11 year old study that talks about violence in general which - like many of the studies I've read on violence - contains some spurious logic (and I'd argue some flawed methodology).

Yeesh.

Edited by Amentep
  • Like 6

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

"Cyber violence" is such a deliberate cynically calculated term. I can just see them sitting there deciding what to call it. "Online harassment? Nah. Lets use the word violence in there."

The term "Social Justice" was crafted in the same way.

"Top-down enforced equality of outcome between group averages? Nah, let's use the word justice in there."

"Some ideas are so stupid that only an intellectual could believe them." -- attributed to George Orwell

This really is PMRC all over again.  Every single form of media has to go through this manufactured sensationalist hysteria crap at some point.  The good news is that this crap always fails eventually.

• Like 3

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

The weird thing to me is that the UN article linked above cites as proof of video games creating "violent zombies" an article done immediately after Columbine - http://www.21stcenturysciencetech.com/articles/New_violence.html - in 2000.

So their "recent research" for the "Zombie" quote isn't actually research but a magazine article.  The article itself is 15 years old and some of the incidents it portrays are 20.

They then point to an 11 year old study that talks about violence in general which - like many of the studies I've read on violence - contains some spurious logic (and I'd argue some flawed methodology).

Yeesh.

I feel like Jack Thompson is about to walk on stage.