Journalism and Bias in the Gaming Industry

Blarghagh

This makes Mark E Smith's music look comprehensible.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands

Why does quality research look so much like the ravings you might find in a padded cell somewhere?

Cause photoshop can't fit on the budget.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

d8e4297f0b.png

https://www.reddit.com/r/KotakuInAction/comments/3fmrcl/githubs_new_code_of_conduct_explicitly_refuses_to/

I'm beginning to see why people might want to switch from github...and it's funny, people were recommending people switch from SourceForge to github not too long ago...

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

The whole 'revereisms' is stupid to ebgin with. It's just racisim.

NEWSFLASH: Racism  is NOT a white only disease. Only racists think it is.

\

Plus, technically, white men don't have the power since a black man is the 'most powerful' person in the world and China is the true 'powerhouse' since they own a lot of the US debt. :p

\

So, if I use that nasty anti Chinese slu I'm not being racist white because they have the power? L0L

NO. That would still be racist.

EVIL.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

The whole 'revereisms' is stupid to ebgin with. It's just racisim.

NEWSFLASH: Racism  is NOT a white only disease. Only racists think it is.

\

Plus, technically, white men don't have the power since a black man is the 'most powerful' person in the world and China is the true 'powerhouse' since they own a lot of the US debt. :p

\

So, if I use that nasty anti Chinese slu I'm not being racist white because they have the power? L0L

NO. That would still be racist.

EVIL.

Not it isn't but most of this argument is centered in white majority countries which have a long history of racism and still retain some vestiges of it. Even the white leftist brand of acceptance is incredibly condescending and racist. The thing is that SJW have confused white structures with white people and instead of making sure that there's equity and fairness for everybody they instead pit one against the other.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Hahaha, quality research by anon:

3LJ5Rqo.jpg

That comes across as really desperate. Not even sure what it is trying to say.

1. McIntosh from FF has a Flickr account

2. Upon browing it, you can find pictures of Anita and him travelling to a Maroccoan wedding, which has some patriarchical bent (=problematic)

3. The album description tells of them being there with pals and sisters as they call it. One of them being Suomaya Akaaboune, who just happens to be Elliot Rogers step-mother

4. Elliot Rogers was the virgin (supreme gentleman) that killed a bunch of girls and guys, who he accused of denying him sex or stealing his "loves" from him

5. Anita's comments on Elliot being a result of the 'toxic masculinity' that presumely exists in western society

6. It's a small world sometimes

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

No, that would not be as fun.

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Come on Meshugger, are you accusing Saint Anita of being a fraud and a hypocrite?  Dude, we've been through this.  She's a woman, you can't ever question a woman.  If you do question a woman you're sexist.  It's science. 

Duh-face_zps5021301a.gif

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Gender is social construct anyway, so either i choose to identify as a woman and therefore can critize her from within her own power structure, thus legitimizing my point of view, or i recognize the existence of gender being a construct of the mind and therefore not objectively existing, which in turn means that her gender does not exist and my argument has to be met by in itself.

Either way, i win.

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

Gender is social construct anyway, so either i choose to identify as a woman and therefore can critize her from within her own power structure, thus legitimizing my point of view, or i recognize the existence of gender being a construct of the mind and therefore not objectively existing, which in turn means that her gender does not exist and my argument has to be met by in itself.

Either way, i win.

So, do I call you Caitlyn now?

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Either way, i win.

So, do I call you Caitlyn now?

Too late. After winning the argument i chose to identiify as an attack-helicopter, and i do not consent to you adressing me at all. Check your privilege, you flesh-able ****lord!

• Like 1

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

Discussion pruned.

Can nobody read? The forum guidelines don't allow circumventing the language filter. The opening post clearly states in GIANT LETTERS that circumventing the language filter will get your posts deleted. If you want to argue with what words are censored, take it up with Fionavar. Until it changes, the rules are the rules and you have to follow them. This bull got the thread closed last time, if you want that to happen again keep going.

:deadhorse:

• Like 1

Happened across some news about Sims 4, saw it was terrible, then took the opportunity to feed my Schadenfreude gland by browsing all the corners of the internet that suggested EA was actually getting the reception they deserve.

While browsing, I happened across this and thought you guys might enjoy it:

http://i.imgur.com/OToGoRa.png (edited to fix link)

Edited by Longknife

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

Racism is racism regardless of the skin-colour of those involved, and sexism is sexism regardless of the pelvis-equipment belonging to the participants involved.

What they mean is systemic racism and systemic sexism, which are very real and very harmful.
But they should say systemic racism/sexism and not delude themselves that it is the only form of racism/sexism.

If a person gets attacked because of the color of his skin that was a racist attack, regardless of what that color is.

Edited by GhoulishVisage
  • Like 1

When in doubt, blame the elves.

I have always hated the word "censorship", I prefer seeing it as just removing content that isn't suitable or is considered offensive

Happened across some news about Sims 4, saw it was terrible, then took the opportunity to feed my Schadenfreude gland by browsing all the corners of the internet that suggested EA was actually getting the reception they deserve.

That leaves some hope for the next generation; there is a definitive push-back now. Wonderful!

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

I see he was using literally in the figurative sense

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Io9 did an article about how there are too many white people in movies and the most liked comment on the facebook post is "**** off io9"

I see more and more like that every day. People are getting sick of it.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

A consequence of the limitations of Privilege Theory.

Although it does point out legitimate societal grievances and biases it fails to provide a concrete reason as to why these biases exist or what should be done about them. Because of this they are incapable of seizing the problem by its roots and instead focus on trimming the leaves and in doing so leave the issue entirely in place all the while antagonizing potential allies.

Naturally the internet being the internet will not wade through the bull**** and examine the pros and cons but instead find whoever is the extreme opposite of those who advocate privilege theory and latch onto that.

• 2 weeks later...

So, SPJ Airplay is going on at the moment.

Apparently it was just disrupted by a bomb threat.

What happened?

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands