What you did today

Blarghagh

Read a bit about serial killers, wish I hadn't real Dean Corll's story as that was pretty messed up - the photo of his unidentified victim is also pretty disturbing. Same thing with Ben Rhoades and his photo of one of his victims, no gore or anything but just watching a terrified person. Ah, the stuff I my curiosity exposes me to.

Malc do you really think someone of your.....cynical nature ....should be reading books about serial killers ?

Its probably not a good idea...rather read news stories ?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Wasn't reading books, clicked on a silly YouTube video of photos with creepy back stories and came across it that way.

Not sure what ill can come of me being cynical and reading about these demented folk.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Wasn't reading books, clicked on a silly YouTube video of photos with creepy back stories and came across it that way.

Not sure what ill can come of me being cynical and reading about these demented folk.

Okay good, I was just worried it was a book

There is a proven connection between cynicism and serial killers ....so you just rather play it safe  :geek:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Really ? Never heard of cynics ending up serial killers. Not sure their evil is so potent that their Wikipedia articles can make mad killers of people. Besides American Psycho would have done that to me already (pretty funny movie, actually).

Edited by Malcador
  • Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Really ? Never heard of cynics ending up serial killers. Not sure their evil is so potent that their Wikipedia articles can't make mad killers of people. Besides American Psycho would have done that to me already (pretty funny movie, actually).

Fair enough, you probably immune to the serial killer syndrome ....you dont seem irrational :)

John Milton 

There is a proven connection between cynicism and serial killers ....so you just rather play it safe  :geek:

Could you give a link to that proof?  Because I've never heard that before.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Could you give a link to that proof?  Because I've never heard that before.

Of course I can provide a link...haven't you learnt  by now I can always provide links  :geek:

But the reality is I don't believe you have heard of every single theory in the world around causes for what makes people serial killers....so just because you haven't of something isn't reason for me to prove it?  So just take my word...you need to trust people more  ;)

John Milton 

You could prove you can provide links by providing links to proof. :)

• Like 3

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

You could prove you can provide links by providing links to proof. :)

You funny :lol:  :lol:

Good one 

John Milton 

Why am I suddenly reminded of Will Smith's allergic reaction in I, Robot?   

But Amentep he is funny hey K ? 

:lol:

John Milton 

Currently deciding if I should pull off the the nail of my big toe on my left food. After mountain climbing with new and sadly suboptimal shoes the flesh under the toenail of my left foots big toe turned black from banging against the shoe during the descent. Now the nail is loose and probably a goner, I could pull it off my toe but I'm too much of a wuss for that. This sucks.

Edited by Woldan

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

In my experience it will fall off on it's own if it's turned black. I'd wait for it to loosen to the point where it's practically off on it's own, if for no other reason than you don't want to tear the soft skin off the top of your toe more than you have to. In my case it both itched and hurt like a mother. Also be warned that your toe is going to feel weird after the nail's gone and it's going to take longer than you'd expect to grow a new one. 

Interesting. I tip pretty much everyone that physically has to bring me something.

Well the pizza delivery guy gets paid around 21$/h so tipping isn't really necessary. Everyone can live off the average pay alone here as long as they work ~30 hours a week.

There absolutely is tipping here. In a resturant with a fancy waiter I mean, not in a Diner type thing, we don't really have that. 

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

A little over a week left before my big trip of the year. Tons of little last minute nuisances at work and also trying to finish up the summer term at school. Got a headsup call from my school that my 1 on campus class was only 8 weeks so I wouldn't get the full stipend until that class starts sometime in October. So now I need to either move some classes around or pick up a sixth class which I think would be too much with all the hours I've been putting in the last year or two. We need to finally fill the open spot on our team to reduce the workload.

I like working from home but maybe it's time to find another job

• Like 1

Free games updated 3/4/21

In my experience it will fall off on it's own if it's turned black. I'd wait for it to loosen to the point where it's practically off on it's own, if for no other reason than you don't want to tear the soft skin off the top of your toe more than you have to. In my case it both itched and hurt like a mother. Also be warned that your toe is going to feel weird after the nail's gone and it's going to take longer than you'd expect to grow a new one. 

That sucks. I guess it would take me at least 6 months to regrow that nail.  :getlost:

Today I had to push heavy stuff, two palettes each weighing 950kg, the weight of a compact car - 25 meters uphill.  It felt like a million kilograms and I nearly fainted when I was finished with the second. That was hard on my quads, holy crap, felt like I was suddenly thrown into a strongmen contest. . 

Edited by Woldan

Had a nice day at the shooting range, shot some really accurate groups and it was just plain fun. Then later had an interesting chat with my shooting buddies, smoked a good Italian cigar and drank cool quality beer. 

272149EconomyPalletTruck.jpg

Thats what I used, yes. 

Edited by Woldan

Speaking of which, I wonder when Ill be able to get my hands on a good Cuban cigar. Rumor has it that they are rolled between the thighs of virgins. I don't even like cigars but Ill buy a Cuban just to try it.

I hate to burst your bubble, but I googled Cuban woman rolling cigar and the first hit I got was...

25jfrqv.jpg

Never attribute to malice that which can adequately be explained by incompetence.

Had a nice day at the shooting range, shot some really accurate groups and it was just plain fun. Then later had an interesting chat with my shooting buddies, smoked a good Italian cigar and drank cool quality beer. 

272149EconomyPalletTruck.jpg

Thats what I used, yes. 

I see now that the joke fails when it's not one of the motorized ones. 

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.