What you did today

Blarghagh

Watching the soccer

No idea what's going on* but according to the numbers on the screen we're winning.

*I played youth soccer but never bothered to learn the rules beyond no hands

Sorry for quoting myself but ...

I must have had 15 frulis and at least 3 margaritas of increasing spiciness (jalapeno, serrano, haberno)

Free games updated 3/4/21

I've officially given up on working out. So, I'm the opposite of this song:

https://youtu.be/TjcOJmoJwpk

Why have you stopped training?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

The last one was habanero infused vodka but the others just had sliced and mashed peppers thrown in to mostly plain margaritas. One of my favorites is a pineapple jalapeño margarita which is perfectly sweet and spicy and I think they use a homemade jalapeño syrup for that one.

Free games updated 3/4/21

Last night I ate beef tartar and octopus. It was pretty rich stuff. I was pretty wiped out by it, but I was able to get a nice run in this morning and now I feel much better. It was pretty awesome running by the Luxor and Mandalay Bay, I do not usually make it that far down the strip. Now we are enjoying our high roller room for a bit longer before we move to a cheaper place.

• Like 1

Last night I ate beef tartar and octopus. It was pretty rich stuff. I was pretty wiped out by it, but I was able to get a nice run in this morning and now I feel much better. It was pretty awesome running by the Luxor and Mandalay Bay, I do not usually make it that far down the strip. Now we are enjoying our high roller room for a bit longer before we move to a cheaper place.

Okay I'm impressed....I assume you mean "steak tartar " ....most people won't touch it because its " raw meat...waaaaaaaaaaaaaah "   :aiee: 

Its incredible ....truly delectable. And you can have so many  things that you can add to it like capers or a tot of cognac. I always have the raw egg and parsley among my base ingredients  

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Watching the soccer

No idea what's going on* but according to the numbers on the screen we're winning.

we watched the women's world cup and were incredible disappointed.  based on our limited viewing o' japanese anime, we expected the USA team to be a bunch o' racist amazons with enormous b00bs who would insult the plucky japanese players by calling 'em "monkeys" and then cheat horribly.  the japanese team, by comparison, would do their best and through the power o' friendship they would create a world where nobody would have to cry.  the event did not unfold at all the way we expected. 

even worse, the japanese girls were not particular attractive, and none o' them had bunny or cat ears. no maid outfits neither... and we didn't see one freaking robot on the japanese team.

am so disillusioned.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 4

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Watching the soccer

we watched the women's world cup and were incredible disappointed.  based on our limited viewing o' japanese anime, we expected the USA team to be a bunch o' racist amazons with enormous b00bs who would insult the plucky japanese players by calling 'em "monkeys" and then cheat horribly.  the japanese team, by comparison, would do their best and through the power o' friendship they would create a world where nobody would have to cry.  the event did not unfold at all the way we expected. 

even worse, the japanese girls were not particular attractive, and none o' them had bunny or cat ears. no maid outfits neither... and we didn't see one freaking robot on the japanese team.

am so disillusioned.

HA! Good Fun!

:lol:

John Milton 

Spoke to Paypal customer support today. I went in expecting Steam support quality of "support" ;)

The guy actually was awesome. Tried to fix the issue. Failed. Told me he'd have to escalate it. I said ok. He said: but let me tell you what will happen when I escalate. The techs wont fix it either, instead send you a mail suggesting you should delete your account and make a new one. So my suggestion is, since you have a 0 balance right now, I wipe your credit card data from this side to make sure it is purged from the system, delete your account and then you make the new one without waiting days for the tech stuff to simply suggest the same thing.

Sounds like a plan :)

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

am so disillusioned.

HA! Good Fun!

That was a bit laboured.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Think the sun didn't help there, even with the awful keeping that is the standard.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Women's soccer is not so terrible as it used to be, except for the goalkeepers. Some chick scored from the middle line.

Eh, IMO, Malcador is right that the sun probably was a factor.  That said, also IMO, Japan's goalkeeper was playing too far forward for her height & speed; a taller goalkeeper or a faster one could make up for playing that far forward.  It was clear she wasn't able to make up the distance so probably shouldn't have been that far out.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

am so disillusioned.

HA! Good Fun!

That was a bit laboured.

oh, we went over-the-top once we got to "bunny ears," but everything previous to that is actual staple for japanese anime.  now, if the japanese women had been fighting aliens instead o' Americans, then chances are there would be at least one character with bunny ears, cat ears or a maid outfit... and likely a loli.  is that the correct term?  loli?  (edit: ack, forgot the robot... would almost require a robot/cyborg to be a proper anime.)

FIGHT-O!

HA! Good Fun!

Edited by Gromnir

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Went mountain climbing and camping. It was very hot, had to drink more than 5L of water during the ascend and my sleep in the tent was limited to ~5x 30 minutes because of the painfully bumpy ground that wrecked my back and hips.

Me with all the gear I'm carrying (Approx 20kg / 1/5th body weight) when I go mountain climbing/camping. Thats a good cardio workout! 

20150705_131757s1_zpsnsuupmyr.jpg

Edited by Woldan

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

oh, we went over-the-top once we got to "bunny ears," but everything previous to that is actual staple for japanese anime.  now, if the japanese women had been fighting aliens instead o' Americans, then chances are there would be at least one character with bunny ears, cat ears or a maid outfit... and likely a loli.  is that the correct term?  loli?  (edit: ack, forgot the robot... would almost require a robot/cyborg to be a proper anime.)

FIGHT-O!

HA! Good Fun!

I guess one could think it is a staple of a certain kind of anime. Still, not a very good one, would have been better to incorporate some Canadian stereotypes given they are the host rather than one of the teams.

FIGHT-O!

HA! Good Fun!

I guess one could think it is a staple of a certain kind of anime. Still, not a very good one, would have been better to incorporate some Canadian stereotypes given they are the host rather than one of the teams.

staple to a certain kind o' anime?

HA!

that were unintentional funny.

HA! Good Fun!

Not an anime fan myself, but I'm aware there are certain genres/types to it - like films in that regard, I guess.

Just got back yesterday from a trip that took me through Minnesota, Wisconsin, North Dakota, and several days up in Winnipeg, Manitoba.  Only my second time to the Great White North.  The day before we left Canada, we got word from our cat-sitters that they found our security and front door open when they arrived.  Very strange.  I won't go through all of the procedures I use before we leave town, but it's crazy.  The cat-sitters called the fuzz and they cleared the house.  Nothing was taken.  No signs of forced entry.  No suspicious marks on any of the four locks on the front door or the two locks on the back.  None of the foliage that surrounds the back patio or windows around the house were disturbed (and I would wonder why someone would jump the back fence into an orange tree or lemon tree with thorns as long as my thumb (yes I have measured them against my thumb)).  Nothing out of place as if searched in any way.  I would almost expect that they had come in and maybe done some cleaning.  Cant's tongue in cheek smile:  I'm going to change the locks and katy bar the doors.  I can only katy bar one door or the other when we leave the house, but oh well.  I'm absolutely certain it's human error rather than an intruder, but I'd better do it anyway.  I'm not even upset.  Just something weird.  After spending a couple of weeks driving what turned out to be almost 3k miles, I'm too tired to fret over an intruder I'm positive doesn't exist.  Might put up cameras around the outside of the house that record to one of the computers.  The outside is already lit as all hell day and night, so I can think of much easier places to burgle with a lot more expensive stuff in it than my house.  heh, maybe someone broke in and saw that I didn't have anything worth filching and left.

• Like 1

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Get a shotgun. If you cant convince armed nightly visitors to leave with nice words a shot in the floor with a 12 gauge will make them think twice. 

Have you a rough estimation how long it takes the Police to get to your house in case of an emergency?

Edited by Woldan

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

Every man has this day at least once in his life. Well, today was mine.

comment_RBr5mg3u08HZswvgHvvtA0gcAruhypRF

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy