Movies you've seen recently

Rosbjerg

Oh, and in case people missed it...

Tor - Marvels Phase 3 slate adds three new movies

Marvel Studios just announced an update to their already-titanic Phase 3 movie slate, which kicks off with 2016’s Captain America: Civil War. The update includes an Ant-Man movie sequel titled Ant-Man and The Wasp, some mysteries, and some reshuffling of Black Panther and Captain Marvel.

Here’s the updated release date list:

• May 6, 2016Captain America: Civil War
  • November 4, 2016Doctor Strange
  • May 5, 2017Guardians of the Galaxy: Volume 2
  • July 28, 2017Thor: Ragnarok
  • February 16, 2018Black Panther
  • May 2018Avengers: Infinity War Part 1
  • July 6, 2018Ant-Man and The Wasp
  • March 3, 2019Captain Marvel
  • May 2019Avengers: Infinity War Part 2
  • July 12, 2019Inhumans
  • May 1, 2020 – To be determined
  • July 10, 2020 – To be determined
  • November 6, 2020 – To be determined

Two of the 2020 movie slots seem destined to contain sequels to Doctor Strange and Guardians of the Galaxy, leaving the third slot open for a new character movie, perhaps? Also interesting: The movies between both parts of the Infinity War are almost entirely space-based, with Captain Marvel uniting the Earth-bound Marvel and cosmic Marvel fronts. Or not, since the Inhumans movie release dates was initially wrong in this post. Oh well. Guess we’ll have to get our Inhumans fix from that cat-man who’s currently prowling around Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Edited by Raithe
  • Like 1

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Oh, and in case people missed it...

Tor - Marvels Phase 3 slate adds three new movies

Marvel Studios just announced an update to their already-titanic Phase 3 movie slate, which kicks off with 2016’s Captain America: Civil War. The update includes an Ant-Man movie sequel titled Ant-Man and The Wasp, some mysteries, and some reshuffling of Black Panther and Captain Marvel.

Here’s the updated release date list:

• May 6, 2016Captain America: Civil War
  • November 4, 2016Doctor Strange
  • May 5, 2017Guardians of the Galaxy: Volume 2
  • July 28, 2017Thor: Ragnarok
  • February 16, 2018Black Panther
  • May 2018Avengers: Infinity War Part 1
  • July 6, 2018Ant-Man and The Wasp
  • March 3, 2019Captain Marvel
  • May 2019Avengers: Infinity War Part 2
  • July 12, 2019Inhumans
  • May 1, 2020 – To be determined
  • July 10, 2020 – To be determined
  • November 6, 2020 – To be determined
Two of the 2020 movie slots seem destined to contain sequels to Doctor Strange and Guardians of the Galaxy, leaving the third slot open for a new character movie, perhaps? Also interesting: The movies between both parts of the Infinity War are almost entirely space-based, with Captain Marvel uniting the Earth-bound Marvel and cosmic Marvel fronts. Or not, since the Inhumans movie release dates was initially wrong in this post. Oh well. Guess we’ll have to get our Inhumans fix from that cat-man who’s currently prowling around Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

I believe 2017 is when the MCU Spider-Man movie hits too, but I guess they left it out because its a Sony production Edited by Oerwinde
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

The Martian.

Nicely done, some great performances. They've cut a few things out, and compressed a few others, but pretty understandable for those choices. Still manages to catch the main thrust of the book, and surprisingly Sean Bean doesn't die in it.

• Like 1

The Martian.

Nicely done, some great performances. They've cut a few things out, and compressed a few others, but pretty understandable for those choices. Still manages to catch the main thrust of the book, and surprisingly Sean Bean doesn't die in it.

Just got back from seeing it myself and I'm glad Scott focused a lot on the visual and audio aspects - complimentary to what a book has to offer, really showcasing the vast landscapes and isolation. All too often a movie tries to do it better than books (and fail) instead of sticking to what they do best. Great movie.

Fortune favors the bald.

watched 2 new movies tonight, both were great.

The Gift is a suspense drama about a guy, who comes back to his hometown with his wife and bumps into one of his former classmates. it later turns out these two have history, and the whole movie revolves around them trying to come to terms with it. I really didn't expect where this movie was going, and was pleasantly surprised. even though it's a bit high on the creep factor scale. 

Mississippi Grind is a road movie about two gamblers. And I don't know if I should say more, because this should be enough for you to decide whether or not it's worth watching. I'll just say that the two lead actors are amazing in it.

Edited by sorophx
  • Like 1
Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

How to Make Love Like An Englishman (or "Lessons in Love" depending on where in the world you are).

An odd little romantic-comedy.  Pierce Brosnan as an English/Romantics professor who has lead a life of Byronic excess only to turn it around after getting one of his grad assistants (played by Jessica Alba) pregnant. He marries her, moves to the US with her and starts to raise his son before everything goes pear-shaped. Throw in Salma Hayek as the half-sister of Alba, and Malcolm McDowell as the misogynistic misanthropist former English/Romantics professor as Brosnan's father.

The actors keep pulling it off really well, with some good scenes, but something doesn't quite click for the entire movie. It's nicely done in the way it covers several years of that journey, but still manages to feel slightly messy in some way.

I'd say entertaining in that vein, especially if you like the actors, but definitely more one for the quiet evening watch rather than a chase down to see.

DC Comics signs off on R-rated 'Batman: The Killing Joke' movie

This could be quite an intense adaption of The Killing Joke.

I really hope they don't do an explicit sex scene, part of it because it would ruin the comic for me.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Heh. For the film trivia of it all...

Jennifer Grey on Dirty Dancing

One of the most famous lifts in film has a surprising story behind it. 

The moment Patrick Swayze held Jennifer Grey in the air in the finale of Dirty Dancing has been tirelessly recreated at weddings, in dance routines and in numerous parodies. 

Grey was catapulted to fame after her turn as Frances “Baby” Houseman, a naïve student who falls in love with dance instructor, Johnny Castle, played by Swayze. 

Much of the 1987 film focused on the characters trying, and failing, to perfect the lift before executing it perfectly in the final scene. 

But when asked if she had ever tried to recreate the lift, Grey told The Guardian the pair had never practiced the move. 

“I only did it on the day I shot it,” she said. “Never rehearsed it, never done it since. I don’t know how all these people who re-enact it have the guts to throw themselves into the arms of anyone other than Patrick Swayze. It’s insane!”

There are no plans to recreate it, either. 

“It’s a non-starter,” said Grey. “It happened, enjoy it, watch it over and over again, but never ask me to do it again because I’m too f**king old ... I have a family and I want to live longer [laughs].”

Watched 'The Martian'. There is so much wrong with this film, from a scientific and low-level-logic standpoint this movie is abysmal, you can only enjoy it if you turn your brain off...  

And some parts felt reeeeallly stretched, the pace was all over the place.  

Whatever happened to Ridley Scott? From Alien and Bladerunner to Prometheus and now this garbage?

There was only one thing I liked, it was Jessica Chastain, her acting was good and she is kinda hot.

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

Watched 'The Martian'. There is so much wrong with this film, from a scientific and low-level-logic standpoint this movie is abysmal, you can only enjoy it if you turn your brain off...  

And some parts felt reeeeallly stretched, the pace was all over the place.  

Whatever happened to Ridley Scott? From Alien and Bladerunner to Prometheus and now this garbage?

There was only one thing I liked, it was Jessica Chastain, her acting was good and she is kinda hot.

The pacing of the book was better. They compressed a bunch of things down and simplified a few others, and the montage sequences they used to cover stretches of time did feel a little weird but understandable since they had to make it fit in a film.

Hm, I remember Nasa saying that most of the science in the book was pretty accurate just the most egregious error being the central premise - dust storms on Mars do not get that strong/violent.-

Off the top of my head:

The spaceship does a swing-by maneuver which make its supposedly super super fast yet Matt Damons little capsule can reach nearly the same speed in a matter of only a couple of hundred kilometers despite gravitational pull and trace atmosphere?

The gigantic and fragile spaceship decelerates with explosive decompression? The pressure in there is less than 1 atmospheres, and if it stopped the ship that quickly it would have suffered severe structural damage, it probably would have crumbled due to goddamn mass inertia.

Why didn't they simply tie down the escape ship if Mars is prone to potent storms? Like, before any storm threatens the whole mission and the lives of the astronauts because the escape ship is tilting?

Oh and about storms, the atmosphere on Mars is so thin a storm with a speed of 200km/h would only move your hair a little bit.

Astronauts moving around outside the spaceship without any safety lines made me chuckle. Scott should have watched ''gravity'' before making this film.

And good look trying to propel yourself through space with a tiny hole in your glove, again the pressure in the suit is less than one atmospheres, which is less than 1/4 of the pressure inside a sports car tire.

Edited by Woldan
  • Like 2

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

Interstellar, its like 2001 and Sunshine put together, but good.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Avengers 2

very dissapointing

am much conflicted 'bout avengers 2.  ultron is fantastic.  sure, the extinction-level event he engineers is a bit queer, but is worth noting that ultron is a perversion o' tony stark, and tony is a bit o' a drama queen.  well-written and spader gives good performance. biggest flaw with the movie we see is utter predictable.  ensemble casts is making very difficult to meaningful develop characters. as a transition film, the ensemble nature is even a greater impediment as scarlet witch and vision is added while attempting to give adequate screen time to the core avengers.  

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Interstellar, its like 2001 and Sunshine put together, but good.

I kind of felt the exact opposite. Interstellar was a remix of 2001's space exploration (including a rehash of the 20 minute LSD trip scene) sprinkled with the utterly boring mystery of any post-Unbreakable Shyamalan movie and a pointlessly moronic subplot featuring Matt Damon and a visually impressive explosion in space. Not to mention how ridiculous the robots were. The only two things making this film bearable are the impressive visuals and Matthew McConaughey.

• Like 3

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

Most of his points are based on the Dark Knight Returns not existing.

Devastatorsig.jpg