Fallout 4 is coming!

mkreku

As someone who got very close to being permabanned before when skyrim was out and frustrated about the dlcs and some flaming before, the marks never drop off themselves. U have to contact a moderator to get the marks taken off one by one. So far I shoulda been banned at least 4 times over with them.

I will agree it's flawed in that the warnings don't drop off themselves. Gonna miss ya over there.

As someone who got very close to being permabanned before when skyrim was out and frustrated about the dlcs and some flaming before, the marks never drop off themselves. U have to contact a moderator to get the marks taken off one by one. So far I shoulda been banned at least 4 times over with them.

I will agree it's flawed in that the warnings don't drop off themselves. Gonna miss ya over there.

Wish I had known you can get them dropped. That was never made apparent to me at any point. Maybe I missed something, but yeah, never saw that possibility anywhere.

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

Apologies in advance to WDeranged.

A friend of mine who signed up yesterday or so was just permabanned for the reason "repeat offender" because she posted just like WDeranged did and warned that thread I was banned. Very strange and surprising to me cause I'm from Germany and she's from....****ing Canada, so our IPs shouldn't be remotely similar, yet they seem to think she's me.

So yeah, no promises it won't hit Deranged either and sorry if it does. I PMed the mods and asked if I could tell people somehow about that thread, and when they struggled to reactivate my PM ability, I told them I would just ask friends to tell that thread I was banned. Despite this and despite IPs, I know got a friend permabanned too... :/

Could be cause she posted about it twice. Hopefully that's it and that's the cause for the "repeat offender" thing, cause if they think she's me then lolwtf.

Edited by Longknife

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

Apologies in advance to WDeranged.

A friend of mine who signed up yesterday or so was just permabanned for the reason "repeat offender" because she posted just like WDeranged did and warned that thread I was banned. Very strange and surprising to me cause I'm from Germany and she's from....****ing Canada, so our IPs shouldn't be remotely similar, yet they seem to think she's me.

So yeah, no promises it won't hit Deranged either and sorry if it does. I PMed the mods and asked if I could tell people somehow about that thread, and when they struggled to reactivate my PM ability, I told them I would just ask friends to tell that thread I was banned. Despite this and despite IPs, I know got a friend permabanned too... :/

Could be cause she posted about it twice. Hopefully that's it and that's the cause for the "repeat offender" thing, cause if they think she's me then lolwtf.

No warnings or bans thankfully, though I notice they removed all the posts.  They really do run a fanatically tight ship over there  :p

Did you hear the news? Nothing is sacred at BGS and they say it as a good thing.

Flaming.

Heh, AwesomePossum is on my "superfanboys" list. It's best to ignore those as they rarely present any real arguments and will likely defend whatever BGS comes up with no matter what.

So far I got one warning for pointing out that some "devotee" was lying. And a mod has just sent me PM warning me that I might get a warning point for "similar behaviour". 

Edited by Aoyagi

So as suspected... no stats.. perk trees... action game with no story focus in any presentaton.. yup fallout as it was is dead. Now we have some adhd stepchild instead

'Fallout as it was' was dead when they changed to a 3D action game from an isometric turn based one.

IMO, if the new changes make it a better 3D action game, then it'll be for the better, since that seems to be where Bethesda wants to take the series.

Does anyone know if Bethesda releasing the Fallout Anthology for PC is going to mean a fix for the issues with getting Fallout 3 to run on a newer machine?

Or will people who buy it still have to find workarounds to get it to run?

I've been asking the same questions on the Bethesda forum but I'm guessing they won't fix a damn thing happy0203.gif

Pretty bad business to sell a game that's knowingly unworkable to a new audience; I mean sure there's a workaround, but since it seems to stem from the GFWL and dual cores (IIRC) it seems like it'd be something fixable rather than having a new player have to rush to the internet to figure out how to get the game to run.

Edited by Amentep

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Wow...okay the levels of positivity  on this thread is overwhelming ...go Fallout 4  ;)

I'm super excited about this game, Bethesda has a great way of creating gaming worlds. They have these large  sandbox environments  where you can truly progress as you want in most cases yet they allow Mods to fix things that you don't like

And I always use Mods..but I don't judge Bethesda for that. I don't believe the unfair criticism " Bethesda needs to use Modders to make there games either enjoyable or entertaining " 

No for many of the millions of fans who either use consoles or play the PC version  of any Bethesda game, they just play the normal vanilla version of the game without Mods and they love the games. I have 3-4 good friends who only started gaming a few years ago and they love Bethesda games yet have never used Mods. 

Most people on these forums are more experienced gamers who have a much more discerning or critical expectation for games ....so Mods are a must in Bethesda game to improve the gaming experience 

And finally how can I not be extra excited about Fallout 4....you guys have seen Malc's post...12 companions to Romance !!!  :dancing:  :dancing:    :wub:

Here is the link for those who missed it 

http://www.pcgamer.com/fallout-4-companions/

Edited by BruceVC

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I'm excited for the game as well. I enjoyed Fallout 3 and New Vegas immensely.

However, I can also understand that Fallout "as we know it" died after Fallout Tactics.  Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel, Fallout 3, Fallout: New Vegas and now Fallout 4 all have very different approaches to game style (and in someways, the game mythology itself).  And while I, personally, think a retro-styled Fallout like 1 & 2 as a side companion series to where Bethesda wants the primary series to go would be super-awesome, I understand that this is primarily a pipe dream.

So I'm excited for Fallout 4.  Can't wait to play it.  But I acknowledge that this is the same Fallout as Fallout 1 or 2.  No value judgement there, it just is.

• Like 2

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I'm excited for the game as well. I enjoyed Fallout 3 and New Vegas immensely.

However, I can also understand that Fallout "as we know it" died after Fallout Tactics.  Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel, Fallout 3, Fallout: New Vegas and now Fallout 4 all have very different approaches to game style (and in someways, the game mythology itself).  And while I, personally, think a retro-styled Fallout like 1 & 2 as a side companion series to where Bethesda wants the primary series to go would be super-awesome, I understand that this is primarily a pipe dream.

So I'm excited for Fallout 4.  Can't wait to play it.  But I acknowledge that this is the same Fallout as Fallout 1 or 2.  No value judgement there, it just is.

100 %, yes I know what you saying. You aren't criticizing the entertainment factors of the new Fallout games, you do enjoy them

You are saying you cannot compare them on various levels to the older Fallout games. You would love an older Fallout style game but you are realistic...its highly unlikely we will see this. But you are still excited about Fallout 4 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

But I acknowledge that this is the same Fallout as Fallout 1 or 2.  No value judgement there, it just is.

I wish it were ~even gameplay aside; but unfortunately it's polar opposite in most respects [and that means it has no respect for the series].  Where Fallout was about post nuclear ethics, FO3 was about 'do whatever you the hell you want ~for the lulz'.  In Fallout you were given the freedom ~and the consequences of your actions; in FO3, your actions are promptly forgotten ~or outright forgiven!. :banghead:

(The PC can beat the hell out of anyone, and buy back their reputation by giving away bottles of water; even to the victim.)

Fallout revered nuclear weapons; used them sparingly, and for ironic effect.

FO3 trivializes nuclear weapons; uses them laughably, and for no importance whatsoever.

Edited by Gizmo
  • Like 1

"(The PC can beat the hell out of anyone, and buy back their reputation by giving away bottles of water; even to the victim.)"

Replace water with money and it's just like real life.

Edited by HoonDing
  • Like 1

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

But I acknowledge that this is the same Fallout as Fallout 1 or 2.  No value judgement there, it just is.

(The PC can beat the hell out of anyone, and buy back their reputation by giving away bottles of water; even to the victim.)

:lol:

This comment really made me laugh because its sounds so absurd yet its true  :grin:

But you can't judge Bethesda games on that type of accuracy in AI or be too critical. If you do you will find loads of those types of idiosyncratic parts of the game and general NPC behavior...and you right it is silly . But  I rather focus on the positive of there games :)

John Milton 

Wow...okay the levels of positivity  on this thread is overwhelming ...go Fallout 4  ;)

Ehh I love all Bethesda's games for one reason or another, it's just good to have a moan about the things you keep wishing they'd do  :p

• Like 1

"(The PC can beat the hell out of anyone, and buy back their reputation by giving away bottles of water; even to the victim.)"

Replace water with money and it's just like real life.

Some one has been watching Mr.Robot. :p

*Paying someone money after beating them up, will not make them trust you, or endear you to them.

(Unless they are really messed up in the head.)

Continuing the earlier post:

Fallout was about the PC, and the PC was paramount.

FO3 is about the landscape simulation, and the PC is a vestigial annoyance left over from its RPG roots. It's a costume now, and the player is paramount; the player is the PC. :(

Edited by Gizmo

Ehh I love all Bethesda's games for one reason or another, it's just good to have a moan about the things you keep wishing they'd do  :p

Yeah I know how much you love Bethesda games, you have clocked more hours on Skyrim than most ( how much time now? )

I admire your commitment to there games, my point is more to people who are already saying " Fallout 4 sounds like it is going to be terrible game "  

John Milton 

... my point is more to people who are already saying " Fallout 4 sounds like it is going to be terrible game "  

Are they saying "terrible game", or "terrible Fallout game"?  There is quite a distinction in that. I would imagine that most people do not assume that a Bethesda title will be a terrible game ~in and of itself; on its own merit. (And some, for just the publisher's name on it.)

*But I think the other opinion is easily proven. ;)

Edited by Gizmo

Yeah I know how much you love Bethesda games, you have clocked more hours on Skyrim than most ( how much time now? )

I admire your commitment to there games, my point is more to people who are already saying " Fallout 4 sounds like it is going to be terrible game "  

Somewhere between 800-1000 hours, similar for Oblivion and Fallout 3...too much  :biggrin: 

Yeah there's some prejudging going on.  I think if you hated their previous games you're probably gonna hate their new games.

• Like 1

I wish it were ~even gameplay aside; but unfortunately it's polar opposite in most respects [and that means it has no respect for the series].  Where Fallout was about post nuclear ethics, FO3 was about 'do whatever you the hell you want ~for the lulz'.  In Fallout you were given the freedom ~and the consequences of your actions; in FO3, your actions are promptly forgotten ~or outright forgiven!. bangheadir0.gif

Fallout revered nuclear weapons; used them sparingly, and for ironic effect.

FO3 trivializes nuclear weapons; uses them laughably, and for no importance whatsoever.

That was supposed to read "But I acknowledge that this is not the same Fallout as Fallout 1 or 2.  No value judgement there, it just is."  Total negation failure on my part. bangheadir0.gif

Are they saying "terrible game", or "terrible Fallout game"? There is quite a distinction in that. I would imagine that most people do not assume that a Bethesda title will be a terrible game ~in and of itself; on its own merit. (And some, for just the publisher's name on it.)

Just think, at this point there are going to be more "not Fallout" Fallout games (or "terrible-at-being-Fallout-games" games, if you prefer) than there are those that are considered "properly Fallout". Scary innit? :p

Fallout 1

Fallout 2

(maybe) Fallout Tactics

vs

Fallout Brotherhood of Steel

Fallout 3

Fallout New Vegas

Fallout 4

Fallout Shelter

Edited by Amentep

Somewhere between 800-1000 hours, similar for Oblivion and Fallout 3...too much  :biggrin:

Yeah there's some prejudging going on.  I think if you hated their previous games you're probably gonna hate their new games.

Yeah, I think I'm overly critical of Bethesda. Really trying to cut them some slack and be a bit more positive.

...it looks good! There, I said it.

• Like 1

Yeah, I think I'm overly critical of Bethesda. Really trying to cut them some slack and be a bit more positive.

...it looks good! There, I said it.

Don't you feel better  :thumbsup:

You see I believe I do understand where most of the criticism comes from towards Bethesda. Its a common Internet perspective on gaming forums where you have people, like this one, that have been playing RPG for years and sometimes decades and there intention is not to really verbally attack a gaming company  based on maliciousness  and vitriol,its more based on frustration and the perception of how  a gaming company has fallen from its original level of delivering entertainment. And we all remember the early days of gaming  ( Wizardy, M&M, Morrowind, BG1 etc )as it  profoundly effected all of us and in certain ways shaped who we have become around our Internet identity .,,,and of course thats important and needs to be accepted as something that is worth understanding and recognizing.

And most of you have played Fallout 1 &2  which set almost a new bar in RPG complexity and real choices. They  were  truly immersive and  unique games that can only be seen as...brilliant....genius...inspired...compelling ...and the most important  thing, absolutely entertaining.

So you would naturally compare the new games to the older ones ....and you will find them lacking if you try to compare them on a feature or complexity basis. So really its unfair to do that to your yourself ...you will set yourself for disappointment and the ironic thing is this an unintentional feeling by you probably thinking you are giving objective critique

You need to see the new Fallout games on there own and just enjoy the open world, interesting narrative and cool people you meet. No comparison to older games goes a long way to helping a person see they are brilliant in there own way  :dancing:

Edited by BruceVC

John Milton 

I can't possibly imagine what would make you put so many hours into such a game.... I mean.... I really can't find any reason to do it... it has near 0 replay value, main story is weak and the world is not that big, so what are you doing in the game? walk around and kill stuff over and over again?

I can't possibly imagine what would make you put so many hours into such a game.... I mean.... I really can't find any reason to do it... it has near 0 replay value, main story is weak and the world is not that big, so what are you doing in the game? walk around and kill stuff over and over again?

Well mods and imagination help...also my play style is very laid back and explorative, I still haven't seen every dungeon in Skyrim or Oblivion.  From a gameplay perspective I get tons of replay value, not so much from a story perspective but that never stopped me re-reading a book I enjoyed the first time around.  Yes I'd like better writing and a main story that grabs my guts like Morrowind did but as long as it's not bad I can go along with it and still enjoy the stuff that I like.

• Like 1

The great thing about Bethesda is that they're improving.  I liked Daggerfall, but it was a pretty crappy game. I hated Morrowind (came out at the same time as Gothic, so I might have been influenced by that). I kind of enjoyed Oblivion, although the level scaling nearly killed it for me. Skyrim is definitely their best attempt yet.

They've only done one Fallout game so far, but I fully expect them to improve and expand upon it in Fallout 4. Only a few more months now!

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!