Fallout 4 is coming!

mkreku

Does anyone know if Bethesda releasing the Fallout Anthology for PC is going to mean a fix for the issues with getting Fallout 3 to run on a newer machine?

Or will people who buy it still have to find workarounds to get it to run?

I've been asking the same questions on the Bethesda forum but I'm guessing they won't fix a damn thing  :biggrin:

Cndblank@Bethforums said.

Was at Quakecon and saw the Fallout 4 presentation.

it was awesome!

Todd Howard said Perks every level.

When you level up, you go to the Perk Chart on your Pipboy.

The chart was shown briefly hanging on the garage and is in your pipboy.

The header row lists each Special Stat.

There are 10 perks listed under each one listed as 1 through 10.

What ever your rating in a Special Stat determines which perks you can take.

Have 4 in all seven Special Stats then you can chose from the the first through 4th rows on each stat.

Most perks can be taken more than once.

If you stat is not high enough then the perk is greyed out.

There are no level requirements.

To take Sniper (a Perception Perk on the ninth row), you have to have a nine in Perception.

So you start with a nine In Perception, you can start  the game with Sniper.

This makes sense if the Sole Survivor is a vet.

There are 70 base stats and most of them but not all have four ranks.

So the Science Perk has Science Rank 1 through Science Rank 4.

Tod Howard said with all the Perk ranks there were something like a 170 perks total.

He said they found limiting what perks you can take by your Special Stats makes the Sole Survivor very unique with vary different play styles.

Edited by WDeranged

That post somewhat restored my excitement for this game :-)

I doubt there will be an actual fix from them. Now I could hopefully get excited that since xbox1 is gonna be running windows 10 and with pc users with windows 10, I'm hoping that it'd carry over to of users. Hopefully.

All abroad the hype train! Transcript of everything shown at Quakecon about Fallout 4.

20:55 Is this thing on?

20:57 Attendees are being handed Vault Boy masks as they walk in.

20:58 The demo is supposed to start in two minutes, but people are still filing in. Might be just a bit longer!

21:01 There is plenty of dubstep in this hall. I can confirm.

21:03 Just a few more trickling in now. Let's do this!

21:06 The guy next to me is using Shazam to identify this dubstep. Technology!

21:07 Anyway, what do you all want to see from the demo? I vote for more dog.

21:08 A guy on stage is yelling and waving around Vault Boy masks. Everyone in the crowd is putting them on.

21:10 Lots of Vault Boy selfies going on right now.

21:17 We are ready. Don't keep us waiting!

21:18 Looks like the room is almost at max capacity. QuakeCon staff is finding all the random empty seats and filling them.

21:21 Sorry everyone! I'm as ready to go as you are.

21:23 One minute timer appeared on the stage!

21:24 Crowd is counting down. Hype!

21:24 Bethesda's Pete Hines takes the stage.

21:25 Breaking. Pete Hines is "not Todd Howard" shocked.gif

21:26 On behalf of Todd and the dev team, they're asking everyone to put away phones, cameras, recording devices. No videos.

21:27 Todd Howard is a little under the weather, but he's here on stage to show off Fallout 4.

21:28 Todd is breaking the no picture rule! Takes a photo of the whole crowd. "Those masks are creepy as s***"

21:28 Howard's first game at Bethesda was 20 years ago. Terminator: Future Shock. Nobody remembers it, he says, because Quake came out right after.

21:29 "Last time I was here to show a game, it was Skyrim. I found out later a women went into labor during the presentation."

21:29 "You're all here to see more Fallout 4, of course."

21:30 He says there are more people here right now than there were in the Dolby theater during their E3 presentation.

21:31 Showing off a painting that's in a museum in Fallout 4. It's already been released.

21:31 Showing off concept art of a home in Fallout 4. "The House of Tomorrow." This is the bathroom you start the game in.

21:32 Mr. Handy is pouring somebody a cup of coffee in concept art. He's showing off new Mr. Handy art. They don't just model the outside, they modeled the inside too because you can see all the parts if he's blown apart sad.png

21:33 In-game demo. Mr. Handy will say out loud the name you give your character. From "Shaun" to "Mr. F***face." Yes, he actually said it.

21:33 Back to more concept art. The demo proper hasn't started yet.

21:34 DOG!

21:34 There's a studio picture from Bethesda of "River," the dog of Fallout 4's lead level designer. River is the model for Dogmeat.

21:35 River is just running around a grassy field as people record her for animation. It's magical.

21:36 More ocncept art of a Vault dweller firing a minigun off teh side of an airship. Faithful dog sits beside the character, tongue out, wearing a scarf.

21:37 Character concept art shown off: Preston Garvey (spelling didn't appear on screen). Leader of the Commonwealth Minute men. He wears brown robes and carries a laser rifle.

21:38 Showing his in-game model. He wears a bent Sheriff's hat. He's talking to the main character. Talking about how his men's numbers have thinned down to only 5. He needs help.

21:38 Again, we still haven't jumped into a full, uninterrupted demo. Just bits of in-game footage, then more concept art. Hang in there!

21:39 Diamond City, built in the ruin's of Fenway Park. Howard makes a jab at Sox fans. Concept art is on screen.

21:39 Preston Garvey can be a companion, but now they're introducing us to Piper, anothe rpossible companion. He meets her at Diamond City.

21:41 She's a woman wearing a red leather coat and an old-fashioned newsboy hat. She gets the player access to the destroyed park. Her boss, Mayor McDonough, is not happy with it.

21:41 They are showing "four of about a dozen" companions. Dogmeat, Mr. Handy, Piper, and Preston.

21:42 BRIEFLY changing subjects to Fallout Shelter.

21:42 NEWS: It's coming to Android. People have been asking for this for a long time.

21:42 August 13.

21:43 They're adding more features to the game. New kinds of attacks. More enemies. Deathclaws! They are wrecking these vaults pretty hard.

21:43 Mr. Handy added to Fallout Shelter. He's a reward. He'll pick up all your resources for you so you don't have to tap them.

21:44 The update is coming to iOS the same day as the Android release.

21:44 "This is something we did on the side and we were blown away by the response," Howard says.

21:44 Now talking about the app that's coming out with Fallout 4, and the PipBoy edition.

21:45 Three people in the audience are going to win the PipBoy edition, which is awesome because you can't get it anywhere else.

21:46 If you have a silver star on the inside of your mask, you get one for free. One guy from the back yelled out. He's having a good day.

21:46 Hahaha. Apple-style PipBoy video is playing. Jony Ive is actually the star. "You have it with you all the time."

21:47 "For the first time ever, we've increased the size of the display. You can see more of your content. With Fallout 4, we started with a design we really loved, but we had to look beyond what we thought was possible."

21:47 Beautiful product shots of the PipBoy. I hope they release this.

21:47 Okay, we're in Fallout 4. Looking at the PipBoy in game.

21:48 Showing an old-timey video for S -- Strength. "We at Vault-Tec have prepared these educational materials for you to better understand the 7 attributes that make you special. Today we focus on strength."

21:49 Vault Boy finds nukes, gas masks, books, med packs. "The stronger you are, the more you can carry." He loads up on items and has to walk slowly. He's squashed by a huge, buff Raider guy.

21:50 I hope there's one of these for each of the attributes.

21:50 Todd Howard says that was one of a series. They're releasing them from now to the release of the game.

21:51 "We have a bunch of perks, and those are tied to your SPECIAL stats. Every time you level up you get to pick one.

21:51 Showing the perk UI. It's laid out like a giant poster, with each "column" designated to one letter of SPECIAL.

21:52 Bloody Mess is on there. "Everyone likes to pick that."

21:52 "We want to show you some extended gameplay from the game." :D

21:53 We're looking at the town of Lexington. Ghouls have come in and pushed out survivors, but you've heard a group has taken up residence there.

21:54 Gameplay. THe character is entering Lexington. There's a broken diner, a chemical plant. He has Dogmeat with him.

21:54 Ghouls start pouring out of the windows, the cracks in buildings. It's kinda creepy. Character uses VATS to blast the ghouls in the torsa. More pour out and go after him.

21:55 After the battle, the player discovers Super Duper Mart. He tells the dog "see if he had anything worth taking" and the dog goes off while the main character hacks a computer.

21:56 After hacking the computer, he turns around and sees a robot patrolling the mart. It says "protect and serve" as it waddles around. Seems harmless.

21:57 The player discovers a laser musket. Ghouls come through the window and start attacking the player and the patrolling robot. The musket is crazy powerful. After every shot he has to reload by cranking a lever on the side. Very satisfying.

21:58 Cut in the footage. We're outside again. There's a dead body hanging from a basketball hoop. Bad day for that guy.

21:59 We're now in a place called Corvega. It's a power plant. You can hear other people talking further into the facility. They're raiders. The character uses VATS and blasts apart a guy's head. It's nasty.

22:00 The sound in these scenes is incredible. Weapons sound excellent and echo in these old, rusty rooms. Very satisfying.

22:00 Ghouls come in and start attacking the raiders. The player is able to stand back and let his enemies tear each other apart.

22:01 The player grabs what looks liek a metal pipe edged with razors and uses VATS. A huge swing to the head, followed by a crunchy hit to the back. That guy is very dead.

22:02 We're back outside in the town square area. An airship omes by and drops off two heavily armed characters. They're wearing the iconic Fallout Brotherhood power armor.

22:03 They fight the raiders alongside the player. They're using laser weapons.

22:03 FAT MAN!

22:03 A massive "Behemoth" mutant appears and appraoches the player. He uses VATS to target it. The Fat Man fires off a huge nuke and the creature falls. The mushroom cloud effect is awesome.

22:04 Demo ends. The game looks excellent. Comes out November 10. Howard says, "We hope you love the game, thanks for coming."

22:05 Thanks for following along everyone. The demo wasn't a big, continuous story, so it's kind of hard to follow. Looks like it was more meant to show off cool combat and weapons, which is what fans here are excited for anyway.

• Like 1

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

Not much for the idea that you can take most perks several times. It's just going to wind up being slow incremental nonsense, like the gameplay difference between having your special stat raised by one. I like perks that add something specific, like a special attack or ability to chose from additional dialouges, or eat corpses. That kind of thing.

Remember that they have to try to please everyone, they want everyone to buy it. The trouble is when you do that you very often wind up with mediocre. 

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Loong article about Fallout 4 on Gameinformer: http://www.gameinformer.com/games/fallout_4/b/playstation4/archive/2015/07/26/fallout-4-quakecon-presentation.aspx

Pretty interesting. Sounds like combat will be better this time around. The screenshots also look great (I love long view distances). Let's hope they've managed to keep the Genome loading times (loading/saving a game took less than a second on my system!).

It's hard to believe this game is supposed to come out on November 10. I love when they announce almost completed games!

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

The long view distance isn't that great. Just check out that screenshot with the Yao Guai- on the hill to the right you can already see a lack of shadow (and therefore most likely also a lack of environment animations and effects), exactly as it was in every other Gamebryo / Creation Engine game.

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

The long view distance isn't that great. Just check out that screenshot with the Yao Guai- on the hill to the right you can already see a lack of shadow (and therefore most likely also a lack of environment animations and effects), exactly as it was in every other Gamebryo / Creation Engine game.

So you are telling me that something I think is great is not so great? What exactly are you trying to achieve here?

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

From the few glimpses of distant landscape we've had I can see that it looks very much like Skyrim's filtered noise texture.  I was quite surprised to see this horrible 'putty' landscape make a return but hopefully they'll hide it with vastly more LOD objects.

Skyrim-DistantObjectDetail-Low.png

Edited by WDeranged

Here's a good shot of the blurry landscape that bothers me.

TZJWIM5.jpg

Really? You're bashing an unreleased game based on an another, old game on low settings?

Yeah but only because that one thing really bugged me about Skyrim's landscape, also looks exactly the same on ultra  :p

So you are telling me that something I think is great is not so great? What exactly are you trying to achieve here?

I am pointing out that the distance view is *still* really bad. Well, if you like the blurry mess without any shadows and stuff, okay.

Best seen on the Freeside sign in New Vegas... this thing looks ugly as hell if you are but three steps away from it (no animated lights, super tiny blurry texture instead). Or the waterjets at Hoover Dam, which don't have a LOD model, as you can't have anything animated in the LOD (and therefore most likely later got deleted in a patch.. it's horrible if the jets are popping up when you are like right in front of it).

Skyrim had some nice looking distant mountains with the clouds and such, but that's about it. Everything on the ground is ugly as ever if you are one or two cells away (and this does NOT depend on your graphic settings. You influence the shaders and texture quality and such, but not the amount of cells that are loaded around you. That means, the bad LOD and blurry ground texture always appears at the same distance for everyone- if it's a few more trees or less doesn't really matter, imo).

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Does someone here frequent Bethesda's forums? If so, could you do me a favor?

Go to the Fallout New Vegas forum and go to the Dead is Dead #18 thread and let them know I've been permabanned. That means someone else will have to take over that thread chain and that any of the reported deaths in the thread cannot be edited in for that thread and instead will have to be edited in starting in the next thread.

Sorry to ask this so randomly, I just don't have any other options. :p

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

Go to the Fallout New Vegas forum and go to the Dead is Dead #18 thread and let them know I've been permabanned. That means someone else will have to take over that thread chain and that any of the reported deaths in the thread cannot be edited in for that thread and instead will have to be edited in starting in the next thread.

Done.

Done.

Thanks man, really appreciate it.

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Why were you banned? I've just been reading your posts - nothing seemed to get out of hand.

Flaming.

If you go through my post history, it should be my second or third final post. Basically, AwesomePossum and some other guy made arguments and I had some rather mocking or bitingly sarcastic remarks in there. Essentially, to AwesomePossum I said "analytical thinking isn't your strong suit, huh?" after he focused on all the wrong parts of my analogy, and to the other guy, he essentially argued that players should always self-nerf themselves and that he didn't wanna argue that point. I responded and said he didn't wanna argue it because his argument is ****ing terrible, pointed out how it's IMPOSSIBLE to know how to properly and accurately self-nerf yourself on a blind playthrough and how self-nerfing requires extensive meta-knowledge of the game mechanics. I then got very sarcastic and said something akin to "please, o enlightened one, tell me how many ranks of the Science perk I should be taking in FO4 if I'm to properly self-nerf myself! :D"

Never meant it hatefully, was just teasing the guys for their terrible arguments, but wasn't meant personally.

Not gonna lie because I remember my warning history vividly:

First warning? I was derp, found a cringeworthy sex mod that had no nudity, no bad parts, no moaning, no NOTHING, and merely featured very awkward sexual animations (humping) and I linked it thinking "LOL THIS IS HILARIOUS" without realizing it still counts as sexual content. Apologized, got a warning.

Second? A thread exceeded their page limit, everyone jokingly went "GOGOGO TO PAGE 20 OR BUST!" I joined in. Spam warning.

Third? Linked to DSPGaming sucking **** at one of their games. Excessive swearing in the video, so that's a warning.

Fourth? I swore excessively, censors caught it, but they were upset with me for activating the censor that much. They were lenient as normally fourth warrants permaban.

Fifth? This one for flaming.

I just don't get why they don't let warnings expire. I mean half of my warnings were child's play. And this is like a warning a year over five years. This warrants a PERMA ban...?

But I'll take responsibility. They've warned me unofficially about watching my swearing or my rather bold tone, and I just finally got an actual warning point for it.

As I said, I just view it as frustrating because one, I do view their ban system as flawed and think it needs some review when a 9 year old account with 10,000 quality posts and 5 questionable ones gets permabanned, and two, maybe I'm sensitive but it does kinda bother me how infamous I tend to be in online communities. I feel like characters like Tywin from Game of Thrones or Caesar from New Vegas. I'm bold, I'm blunt, I'm aggressive, I'm rude and I'm vulgar, but by ****ing god you better listen to what I have to say because what I say is a very educated opinion worthy of your time. I should tone it down to be more in line with the polite tone they wish to see, but personally I just can't stand it when people are SOOOO emotionally charged that they focus more on how I've said something rather than why I said it. I think that's WHY I post so brashly: I'm ornery, so basically it's like I would rather see people learn to look past the emotionally-triggering parts and focus solely on the substance of my post if they wish to have a productive discussion. I'd rather force people to make a choice between "let's focus on the facts and the discussion" or "let's get really pissed off because he called my point dumb, so I will call him a doo-doo head." I wish people would just get jaded and not care about the latter half. Rude of me, but it's how I am online. :p

As I said though I can accept the ban. Only regret is that again, I find their ban system a tad flawed. I did bother to briefly make a new account and message their mods about my complaints with their system though, asking them to review their standards so future accounts like mine don't end up banned for managing to create 5 bad posts over the course of nine years.