Journalism and bias in the gaming industry

Blarghagh

they wont stop until they rule the world

HbMHr2m.jpg

This is classic...very funny

To be honest I would have no issue living in a world dominated by women like this picture...as long as they hot  :fdevil:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Interesting facts about congressional briefings: https://twitter.com/PlayDangerously/status/588398975197163520

Polygon covers it...neutrally??! https://archive.today/J1ep6

The journalist is questioned out for this strange use of language and the response is equally weird: https://twitter.com/crecenteb/status/588362122419183617

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

https://mobile.twitter.com/hashtag/stopwebh8?src=hash

Tag was crashed with no survivors. Absolutely beautiful.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands

https://mobile.twitter.com/hashtag/stopwebh8?src=hash

Tag was crashed with no survivors. Absolutely beautiful.

giphy.gif

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Interesting facts about congressional briefings: https://twitter.com/PlayDangerously/status/588398975197163520

Polygon covers it...neutrally??! https://archive.today/J1ep6

The journalist is questioned out for this strange use of language and the response is equally weird: https://twitter.com/crecenteb/status/588362122419183617

What exactly are they trying to achieve with that? Truly first world problems.

Polygon already getting some heat: 

CCpU0GjUwAA6Pet.jpg

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

I liked that because I thought you were being ironic, but the stuff I find browsing Twitter is making me doubt that. You were joking, right?

Well, I was thinking of petitioning the Powers That Be here to get rid of white lettering so I could have letters of colour on a background of colour instead of having the important parts of the forum be near uniformly privileged and hegemonic white.

(yep, somebody out there doubtless would think that unironically. Though they really shouldn't use twitter if they do since its default colour schemes involve lots of white as well)

Polygon already getting some heat: 

Well, who cares really, Polygon these days lives of click&bait articles to stay alive. Nothing worth reading there. If more people would just ignore that crap they would have to close, which will happen one day anyway.

"A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies, the man who never reads lives one."

*laughingskeletonpilot.gif*

https://twitter.com/femfreq/status/588446327119314944

//edit: https://twitter.com/Nero/status/588458771896094720 Too bad they will never bait.

Edited by Meshugger

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

Sweet Jesus, this is a looong burn:

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

they wont stop until they rule the world

HbMHr2m.jpg

This is classic...very funny

To be honest I would have no issue living in a world dominated by women like this picture...as long as they hot  :fdevil:

Some don't wear masks for nothing.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

She's an evil sexist piece of crap. That's old news. Then again, she doesn't even have that high of an opinion on women who she views as weak, pathetic, childlike, whom need to be babysat and enslaved because of their 'internalize misogny'. L0L

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

• Like 2

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

Harry Partridge was one of my favourite youtubers already, and that upped his status even more.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

http://www.forbes.com/sites/olliebarder/2015/04/10/new-study-finds-no-link-between-gaming-and-sexist-attitudes/?hc_location=ufi

New study finds no link between gaming and sexist attitudes, implying that cultivation theory is incorrect or at least doesn't apply to video games

But they don't claim that gaming causes sexist attitudes, they claim that society causes sexist attitudes and media can affect people's attitudes, so therefore games can stimulate sexism that already existed. Of which there is no proof of either, just giving you guys a heads up in case you get in an argument and someone tries to weasel. Taking to task the non-argument "media affects people" is a good opening salvo I've found, also remember you are arguing from a position of strength when asking them to prove their claims if you claim not to have seen enough evidence to support their hypothesis.

Anyways: https://m.soundcloud.com/totalbiscuit/complete-answers-to-kotakus-titan-souls-questions

Apparently Kotaku said some **** about TB so now the guy responds.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Media affects people. But it doesn't affect people in any way we are willing to meaningfully define. Because then we will have to answer to that".

Ok, got it...

The key is to be very vague about what you mean in order to avoid admitting you've said something stupid.

1429296809338.jpg

In other news, the Honey Badgers, a group of women, were kicked out of the CalgaryExpo for gamergate art on display. The above was the evidence used to show that it was a plan to infiltrate a community they had been a part of for decades. The irony of SJWs getting women kicked out of a convention is also hilarious in a sad way.

1429296852144.png

Advertisers for anyone in an e-mailing position.

I'm telling SJWs are the mostr acist and sexist group.  Not surprising. It's run mostly by prvieldedged white men half of whom are now women. But, inside, they are still white men, therefore, by SJW definition, they are racist, sexist, rapist scumbags. :)

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I just don't understand how SJWs can justify that for themselves. They kicked out women, because they were anti-censorship. Doesn't it go against all SJWs say they stand for? How can you still stand on moral high ground after that?  

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.