Journalism and bias in the gaming industry

Blarghagh

I'm telling SJWs are the mostr acist and sexist group.  Not surprising. It's run mostly by prvieldedged white men half of whom are now women. But, inside, they are still white men, therefore, by SJW definition, they are racist, sexist, rapist scumbags. :)

I just don't understand how SJWs can justify that for themselves. They kicked out women, because they were anti-censorship. Doesn't it go against all SJWs say they stand for? How can you still stand on moral high ground after that?  

I always wonder if you guys will ever get tired of these inaccurate and sweeping generalizations about the  SJ movement? What worries me even more would be if you actually believed it?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Truth hurts. The gfacts aere in the pudding. Over and over again, it is SJWs whoa re doing everything they can to destroy women in ganming while bragging about it.

Then again, the fact you of all people are whining about painting a whole group with a broad brush is hilariously  delusional considering you have done the very same thing yourself. L0L Painting all white male gamers on GG  as sexist racist rapist monsters whoa re worse than ISIS. LMAO

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

"Media affects people. But it doesn't affect people in any way we are willing to meaningfully define. Because then we will have to answer to that".

Ok, got it...

The key is to be very vague about what you mean in order to avoid admitting you've said something stupid.

1429296809338.jpg

In other news, the Honey Badgers, a group of women, were kicked out of the CalgaryExpo for gamergate art on display. The above was the evidence used to show that it was a plan to infiltrate a community they had been a part of for decades. The irony of SJWs getting women kicked out of a convention is also hilarious in a sad way.

1429296852144.png

Advertisers for anyone in an e-mailing position.

CC0W-B5UUAAufOz.png

Untitled-1_zpsv1uaxvq5.png

Inclusivety is only for the rights opinions, you morans.

Edited by Meshugger

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

1429311083741.png

How dare these women have an opinion not approved by a bourgeois hipster!

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Just a as side note, if you care about ethics and all that good stuff, i don't think labeling people (using term "SJWs" in every sentence, or any other really) is a good way of achieving that goal. They are people not "SJWs", however wrong you think they might be.

Edited by Sakai
  • Like 2

They sure remind me about certain kind of people though: 

http://i.imgur.com/1xaxd.jpg

Edited by TrueNeutral
Picture changed into a link for profanity.

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

1429311083741.png

How dare these women have an opinion not approved by a bourgeois hipster!

Needs more references to 'levelling up' or- and really, the set up is so perfect for this- 'get out of here gamer girl'

Though I presume they do exist somewhere else in the jpgverse.

1429296809338.jpg

CC0W-B5UUAAufOz.png

Untitled-1_zpsv1uaxvq5.png

Stalin too was infamous for his complete lack of sense of humour. Not sure about sarcasm, I doubt anyone dared to even consider using it on him. Though it might explain certain things ("yes, Josip, eliminating our officer corps is a great idea! Why don't we wipe out our doctors as well, while we're about it?")...

Once again, I'd like to remind everyone that we have a language filter for a reason and using images with profanity counts as circumventing that filter, which is against the forum guidelines. It happens far too often in this thread and was a large factor in it being closed last time around. Proofread, censor or simply link to your images or it's going to happen again.

@Zor This is the best I could find.

1429312139905.png

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

"Just a as side note, if you care about ethics and all that good stuff, i don't think labeling people (using term "SJWs" in every sentence, or any other really) is a good way of achieving that goal. They are people not "SJWs", however wrong you think they might be."

No.

Also, don't tell me my goal. My goal is not to be murdered again since they already killed me once I ain't allowing these monsters to murder me again. I do that in two ways - pointing out how EVIL and INHUMAN the SJW crew is as examples above show and by continuing to play games the good 'ol  white male way. :)

*goes back to play game proving YET AGAIN I still live!*

No.

Fun fact. Even though i never associated myself with GG nor do i ever intend to, but when i for example disagree with Anita's supporters, they always immidiatly assume that i am a GGer. And everything else that comes with it. And that frustrates me a lot. Because the world is not black and white, because there's no "us" and "them". If you think you're better than "SJWs", well then actually be better. Otherwise you're just as evil and inhuman really.

No.

Fun fact. Even though i never associated myself with GG nor do i ever intend to, but when i for example disagree with Anita's supporters, they always immidiatly assume that i am a GGer. And everything else that comes with it. And that frustrates me a lot. Because the world is not black and white, because there's no "us" and "them". If you think you're better than "SJWs", well then actually be better. Otherwise you're just as evil and inhuman really.

Since you're new to the party I will bring you up to speed; logical well articulated rational statements have no place in this discussion. Think of this whole thing as a bunch of rabid dogs one half blaming the other for their affliction.

Although, it is quite revealing to know just how many people have been affected, some I would have never suspected.

• Like 1
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Just a as side note, if you care about ethics and all that good stuff, i don't think labeling people (using term "SJWs" in every sentence, or any other really) is a good way of achieving that goal. They are people not "SJWs", however wrong you think they might be.

No.

You seem to be new to this discussion  so I thought I would share some insight with you about what  this thread is really about 

You are absolutely correct that using the term SJW is unhelpful to to a discussion about bias, but this thread is not about bias.Its a place where the majority of members  use it as platform to dismiss and question various  SJ movements and suggestions . And to find contradictions in the SJ narrative

But its not a bad place, the people here aren't bigots. They aren't sexist or homophobic and in fact often champion these causes, this is about the rejection of SJ ideas in the gaming industry. Its about GG. I am a SJW and there is no point really even suggesting that people not use that word because its not really meant maliciously ...its more about a reference to the likes of Anita and there influence in gaming ...most people on this thread believe that the SJ movement is fundamentally changing and attacking something that doesn't need to be changed or they believe criticism is  often misplaced or contradictory .

But its just about gaming..so don't expect people to really take other SJ causes that seriously :)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Truth hurts. The gfacts aere in the pudding. Over and over again, it is SJWs whoa re doing everything they can to destroy women in ganming while bragging about it.

Then again, the fact you of all people are whining about painting a whole group with a broad brush is hilariously  delusional considering you have done the very same thing yourself. L0L Painting all white male gamers on GG  as sexist racist rapist monsters whoa re worse than ISIS. LMAO

Volo I have time now so lets discuss this 

You cannot generalize and say SJW are destroying  women...of course there will be mistakes made when some SJ ideas are implemented. You can cause more harm than good when you espouse certain ideas that are well meaning yet come across as absurd and insulting, like in the thread about the limerick where my fellow erudite SJW were saying that " black on white racism doesn't really exist and isn't something that needs to be discussed " ...I don't support this view because a better way of saying it is " black on white racism isn't essentially as  dehumanizing or offensive  as normal white on black racism" . By saying the first thing you just irritate people who have been victims of black on white racism....

And you are wrong, I don't make paint whole groups ...I am not sure what you are even talking about ? I criticize certain decisions or want changes, I don't say all white, male gamers are sexist..just some of them 

John Milton 

"Otherwise you're just as evil and inhuman really."

You say this like I don't want to be evil and inhuman? You DO know who you are talking to right? RIGHT!?!

"And you are wrong, I don't make paint whole groups ...I am not sure what you are even talking about ? I criticize certain decisions or want changes, I don't say all white, male gamers are sexist..just some of them "

\Please. When some dumbo who is 'loosely' associated with GG says or does soemthing sexist/racist you have used that to paint GG as a whole and everyone associated with it as being garbage. Don't deny it because it is true. Just own it.

"of course there will be mistakes made when some SJ ideas are implemented."

A mistake implies something being unintentional and accidental. The thing with this 'honey badger' was no mistake. It was very intentional. The attack by SJWs on that pro GG female game developer on Steam was intentional not accidental.

If I hit someone with my car because I didn't see them for whatever reason that's an accident. A targic one but still accident. If I see someone and decide to hit them with my car that's on purpose. Can't you see the difference?

SJWs don't 'accidentally' target people. They attack anyone on purpose including and espicially women who oppose their group power because SJWs are not about equality. They are about about power, control, and slavery. I *AM* about equality.

btw,  Pseduo SJW/racism discussion.. if youa re a white person who likes watermelon you are 'stealing' black culture... that's right... RIDICULOUS. Which is funny considering that the whole watermelon thing was started by racists mocking blacks. DISGUSTING.

P.S. I love watermelon and if that makes me a 'culture thief' so be it.

No.

You seem to be new to this discussion  so I thought I would share some insight with you about what  this thread is really about 

You are absolutely correct that using the term SJW is unhelpful to to a discussion about bias, but this thread is not about bias.Its a place where the majority of members  use it as platform to dismiss and question various  SJ movements and suggestions . And to find contradictions in the SJ narrative

But its not a bad place, the people here aren't bigots. They aren't sexist or homophobic and in fact often champion these causes, this is about the rejection of SJ ideas in the gaming industry. Its about GG. I am a SJW and there is no point really even suggesting that people not use that word because its not really meant maliciously ...its more about a reference to the likes of Anita and there influence in gaming ...most people on this thread believe that the SJ movement is fundamentally changing and attacking something that doesn't need to be changed or they believe criticism is  often misplaced or contradictory .

But its just about gaming..so don't expect people to really take other SJ causes that seriously :)

I think the term SJW is a good identifier for people who see social justice as a zero sum game.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

CC0W-B5UUAAufOz.png

This was it. On point discussion with a different opinion and it was enough for Galgary Expo workers to kick out women. "Positive", "safe", and "free speech" my ass.

• Like 2

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

I don't say all white, male gamers are sexist..just some of them

Oh, I don't say all SJWs are horrible, sexists, racists people only interested in power to enforce their ideals... just some of them.

• Like 1

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

So these MRA women got kicked out for for a fairly polite disagreement. Kicked out and banned forever from all conventions organized by the same organization. Because this seems like a reasonable and proportionate response to whatever formal rule (if any) was broken and would happen to anyone else, right?

Yeah... no. Anyone else would get a pass and being banned forever from all conventions is not a response of a reasonable human being. This kind of uncompromising fanaticism earns you the name SJW.

"Otherwise you're just as evil and inhuman really."

You say this like I don't want to be evil and inhuman? You DO know who you are talking to right? RIGHT!?!

"And you are wrong, I don't make paint whole groups ...I am not sure what you are even talking about ? I criticize certain decisions or want changes, I don't say all white, male gamers are sexist..just some of them "

\Please. When some dumbo who is 'loosely' associated with GG says or does soemthing sexist/racist you have used that to paint GG as a whole and everyone associated with it as being garbage. Don't deny it because it is true. Just own it.

"of course there will be mistakes made when some SJ ideas are implemented."

A mistake implies something being unintentional and accidental. The thing with this 'honey badger' was no mistake. It was very intentional. The attack by SJWs on that pro GG female game developer on Steam was intentional not accidental.

If I hit someone with my car because I didn't see them for whatever reason that's an accident. A targic one but still accident. If I see someone and decide to hit them with my car that's on purpose. Can't you see the difference?

SJWs don't 'accidentally' target people. They attack anyone on purpose including and espicially women who oppose their group power because SJWs are not about equality. They are about about power, control, and slavery. I *AM* about equality.

btw,  Pseduo SJW/racism discussion.. if youa re a white person who likes watermelon you are 'stealing' black culture... that's right... RIDICULOUS. Which is funny considering that the whole watermelon thing was started by racists mocking blacks. DISGUSTING.

P.S. I love watermelon and if that makes me a 'culture thief' so be it.

Not really, I just refer to the words  " GG "  when I talk about the entire movement. I don't say every single person in GG is this or that. You seem to generalize about every single SJW when you have an issue..and that seems to happen fairly regularly. But I suppose you also don't mean every single SJW so my concern seems  a little silly. My bad 

But now this debate becomes difficult to have with you if really believe that every single SJ movement or suggestion is about control and slavery..that's  just a negative  and unhelpful generalization. Can you not see anything positive about the SJ movement ?

I don't say all white, male gamers are sexist..just some of them

Oh, I don't say all SJWs are horrible, sexists, racists people only interested in power to enforce their ideals... just some of them.

Okay well good to know because like Volo you seem to make comments that create  the impression that you think the entire SJ movement and therefore SJW are just a bad thing 

Edited by BruceVC

John Milton 

Oh fun fact the ladies removed from the Calgary expo have been compared to the KKK on Twitter by none other than Chris Priestly, onetime community manager at the BSN, and now the community manager at the Witcher Forums apparently. Personally i've been a member there for eight years and have never seen him post anything, so I was not sure he actually was the community manager.

I've got to admit that this is all hilarious, strong women with truthful opinions are not wanted, only the acceptable liars and their lies are wanted in Calgary. The SJF's are becoming more like politicians as time passes.

Edit: Mr Priestly just retracted and apologised for his tweet on the Witcher forums: http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/34878?p=1606731#post1606731

Edited by Nonek

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy