Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Major Plot Progression Bug - Act 2 - The Duc Invitation

Progression Bug Main Quest Scripting

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

McClure

McClure

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

I want to thank everyone for the additional info and files.

We've narrowed down the issue, which involves getting Winds of Steel from the Crucible Knights while having been already "committed" to help either the Dozens or Doemenels, and we'll include the fix for this soon (likely going into the next patch).

This issue was unrelated to what affected eRe4s3r's game (resolved already in the upcoming patch), but this thread alerted us to the additional problem.

Thank you again for your help and patience, folks.

Jorge.

Does this mean that accepting (but not completing!) The Bronze Beneath the Lake won't block us from continuing the Knights' quest chain?

warel

warel

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 1 posts

same bug ; http://dl.free.fr/iOQ7fesvT

Ololo

Ololo

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

I hope that fix will include an option for those who already stuck - like going with Lady Webb as a last resort she was talking about...

PolyMorphVZ

PolyMorphVZ

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

I'm in the same situation Reverant is, very frustrating. I've also done just about every quest there is up to this point. I guess I'm going to shelve the game until the next patch and see if the Knights will represent me in the hearing, after doing them the slight favor of saving them from complete annihilation.

Edited by PolyMorphVZ, 31 March 2015 - 05:08 PM.

paz12

paz12

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 25 posts

There is, but you have to get all three groups angry at you.  I wasn't able to determine how to get someone angry at you from the code.

In my playthrough, I killed all three groups. I didn't want to help any of those crooks. Lady Webb congratulated me on that and said something about a "rare show of incompetence", but sent me to attend the hearing nevertheless. Killing all three groups + Lady Webb leads to madness and game over btw, which is great.

Oscuro

Oscuro

Designer

• Developers
  • 75 posts

McClure, accepting the quest sufficed to cause the problem. As I've mentioned elsewhere, we've fixed it for an upcoming patch.

Until that arrives, the workaround entails turning each faction hostile before speaking with Webb or loading a save game made before having both Winds of Steel and Bronze Beneath the Lake at once. I know that's probably of little consolation, folks, but I wanted to share just in case it helps someone in the meantime.

Jorge

• Suen likes this

Ololo

Ololo

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

Any date for this upcoming patch?

byrningman

byrningman

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 5 posts

I am having a similar, or perhaps the same problem. As far as I can tell, there are no more quests that I can complete except for the Endless Paths (as far as I can tell, every other outstanding quest of any kind relates to areas of the map that I cannot access yet). My hope has been that completing the "broken weapon" related quest in the Endless Paths, and bringing all the paths back to the Knights' smithy, will finally make the Knights like me so that I can get an invitation to the Duc's meeting. I don't think that I ever received access to some of the Knights or Dozens-related quests that people have mentioned here. I cleared out the ghoul-filled area of the city for the Knights and got the research notes for their smithy. At that point the Knight commander was already saying that I was too close to the Dozens, despite my never having completed any quests for the Dozens. So without any other way to proceed, I went ahead and did the ancient-weapons-in-the-under-the-lake-temple quest for the Dozens, but that didn't lead to anything happening on the Dozens' side of things either. They don't offer any other quests when you go back to them with the bits of the ancient weapon. I'm 60+ hours in, my party are approaching level 11, and I sorta feel like I've been stuck and left the plot behind. On level 12 of the Endless Paths now, it's the only area in quite a while that's offered any challenge in combat to my party. I haven't had to bother with tactics for a while, even playing on hard difficulty...

beowulfx99

beowulfx99

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 4 posts

Can we get an expedited fix on this? A date? Anything? My last save before seeing where I can prevent this bug was at 16 hrs played, my current save where I'm trying to advance is at 26hrs played! That's 10 HOURS of playing I'd have to do all over? With the same characters, no surprises, knowing everything? No way do I have ANY desire to do that with the same party and I sure as heck don't want to start over. I invested so much time with this group.

McClure

McClure

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

McClure, accepting the quest sufficed to cause the problem. As I've mentioned elsewhere, we've fixed it for an upcoming patch.

Until that arrives, the workaround entails turning each faction hostile before speaking with Webb or loading a save game made before having both Winds of Steel and Bronze Beneath the Lake at once. I know that's probably of little consolation, folks, but I wanted to share just in case it helps someone in the meantime.

Jorge

My game updated and I went to check with Clyver. Still gives me the "your relationship with the Dozens" speech and shoos me away.

Edited by McClure, 03 April 2015 - 11:46 AM.

• Quintrop likes this

Sylkk

Sylkk

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 1 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Same issue here (with the update). Got blocked when taken the two quest (from douzains and from the Crucible Knights, completed only the on from the knights). Clyver/Webb wont get me for the reunion, and i cant cancel my reputation with the douzains without killing them (actually playing a good paladin).

Although i kill all the people in the douzains center, clyver dont give me the sentence to go with him.

I don't have solution atm :/ and i wont kill kill people to go with webb.

Any advice ?

Oscuro

Oscuro

Designer

• Developers
  • 75 posts

McClure and Sylkk, the 1.03 patch fixes being able to have both quests at once. However, the fix that resolves the problem retroactively (for save games where the quests were already accepted) is slated for 1.04 patch (it required extra testing, as it entailed reorganizing some dialogues' structures and that's something we rather handle with extra care).

In the meantime, if you've made either the Dozens or the Knights hostile then Webb will give you the invitation. There's no need to anger all factions for this to happen - as long as you have one of the factions' main quests (the second one they give you) then having made said faction hostile will work for now.

In your cases, since you've got the quests for both the Dozens and Knights, angering any of them will make Webb support you in the hearings.

Still, this is not the ideal situation until the retroactive fix is tested thoroughly but I hope that can get you going without much RPing sacrifice.

Jorge

Oscuro

Oscuro

Designer

• Developers
  • 75 posts

[... I went ahead and did the ancient-weapons-in-the-under-the-lake-temple quest for the Dozens, but that didn't lead to anything happening on the Dozens' side of things either. They don't offer any other quests when you go back to them with the bits of the ancient weapon...]

If you've completed Bronze Beneath the Lake, and spoken with Lady Webb in Hadret's House (Brackenbury) then you should have a quest to gain an invitation from the factions (check with Lady Webb about this, in case of doubt). If so, the Dozens will give you their support since you've helped them resolve Bronze Beneath the Lake (you can ask them about it if Webb has told you that you need support to attend the hearings at the Ducal Palace).

The quests in Od Nua are not a requisite for this.

I hope that gives some direction and that it works for you.

Jorge

RaginCaucasian

RaginCaucasian

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 3 posts

Hmm. Just made a big post about this as it seemed misleading to post that the bug was fixed. I see now that it was only the act of obtaining the bug that had been fixed. At least it's realized that the bug is still in effect and we still can't play the game any farther.

McClure

McClure

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

McClure and Sylkk, the 1.03 patch fixes being able to have both quests at once. However, the fix that resolves the problem retroactively (for save games where the quests were already accepted) is slated for 1.04 patch (it required extra testing, as it entailed reorganizing some dialogues' structures and that's something we rather handle with extra care).

In the meantime, if you've made either the Dozens or the Knights hostile then Webb will give you the invitation. There's no need to anger all factions for this to happen - as long as you have one of the factions' main quests (the second one they give you) then having made said faction hostile will work for now.

In your cases, since you've got the quests for both the Dozens and Knights, angering any of them will make Webb support you in the hearings.

Still, this is not the ideal situation until the retroactive fix is tested thoroughly but I hope that can get you going without much RPing sacrifice.

Jorge

Thanks for the update, but I'll wait until I can side properly with the Knights :)

Just making sure: I hope that after 1.04 COMPLETING the second quest of a faction will cause siding with it, and not just ACCEPTING it. I also kinda hoped that we'll be able to steal the weapons from Bronze and give it to the Knights, but I'm just being a bit greedy here :p

Edited by McClure, 04 April 2015 - 07:17 AM.

Yenkins

Yenkins

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 22 posts

Just making sure: I hope that after 1.04 COMPLETING the second quest of a faction will cause siding with it, and not just ACCEPTING it. I also kinda hoped that we'll be able to steal the weapons from Bronze and give it to the Knights, but I'm just being a bit greedy here :p

This quest is just badly written. I mean, Knights patrolling the lake attack you on sight? wtf?! Who even does that? They don't know you, there is no crime to be around those ruins. They should throw some kind of warning your way, send you back to their stronghold or whatever.

Gladly, so far, it is the only quest with troubles.

• Suen, Vaalac and Ololo like this

Ololo

Ololo

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

I'm hero for knights, friend for Dozens and scroundel for Doemenel. And I don't have a single option to go to hearing from anyone. Patch didn't change a thing. 3 days of waiting for nothing. Thank you for screwing up my game, Obsidian.

Vaalac

Vaalac

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 59 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Oh yes please make it so Completing the second Dozen's quest lock you with them, not only taking it. I got stuck with them too. But I expected to be locked with them only if I finished the quest.

xaoteca

xaoteca

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 2 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

I can confirm that I still have the same problem and can't side with knights.

sparklecat

sparklecat

(7) Enchanter

• Members
  • 990 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

I'd really like it too if you only got locked into supporting a faction after completing their quest, rather than simply accepting it; events in the game made me change my mind about who I wanted to work with, but now I am stuck.

Also it would be nice if you could just tell Lady Webb outright that you want nothing to do with any of those groups of crazy people rather than having to murder them before she'll sponsor you.

• Davenv likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Progression Bug, Main Quest, Scripting

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users