Raedric's Hold game crash

TheLauron

Question

So I've been happily (and sneakily)  exploring Raedric's Hold. Was slowly making my way in the Hold's interior when I went up the Siege Platform exit. Due to my ever-loving danger sense, I saved... about thrice.

So when I saw it's safe, looted the place, and returned back inside... the game crashed. Right now I'm stuck and can't re-enter the castle... which makes me a sad regicide :(

If there is any information I need to give, feel free to ask. I'm just hoping i'm not permanently stuck :p

• Like 10

The problem seems to be with the exterior map of the Hold. Using the console I was able to teleport anywhere but everytime I tried the Hold exterior I crashed. As of now, there are 2 solutions, use the console to teleport out but it disable achievements for the Steam crowd (though I don't know if it's only for this sessions or permanent) or delete the files from the save file but lose some progress.

Not ideal, but until a patch its the only solutions we have.

This is a huge bug and been there since release. Whole hold is bugged like hell. How this haven't been patched yet? Very shoddy work. Cannot recommend this game to anyone now...

You hone your game a lot, but was the beta testing just a mirage? Seems like the game is really full of hole and big ones that should have come up the first day of beta.  :banghead:

I am also Raedrics Hold - Everytime I try to leave the games attempts to do an autosave and the game crashes.  It just hangs on a black screen.  I have located my output log but I have no idea how to attach it to this post.   However, upon reading it it seems to state the same errors as other before me have posted. 

I have purchased the game through steam

What if you desactivate autosave ?

Can you explain where that is?  I am unable to locate it.  

I have tried to exit the Hold three different ways (front doors,  Moat and round the back at the vines)  but each time I get stuck at the autosave point and the screen goes black and the game crashes.  

I was able to get out of the keep by installing a mod that allowed me to activate Autosave BEFORE the game transitioned.   This then allowed me to exit to the courtyard and continue.  I also reloaded and tried to exit again by the moat, this also worked.   

Not sure if this a legit  but heres the info for the mod - http://rien-ici.com/iemod/

• Like 2

I'm also stuck. I can transition if it's "inside" meaning i can go to the dungeon, keep, kitchen and so on, but if i try to go outside like the courtyard or ramparts it freezes. Guess i'll have to wait until they patch the game. Biggest problem is finding something else to do, now that i'm hyped about this game  :unsure:

Some news guys : i managed to get out without cheat.

This should work if you're in Raedrick's Hold Sanctuary : there's an access to the roof to the North-West, after a big corridor leading right to the North. Or if you came in here by the kitchen, the access to the roof is right in front of you in a tiny little room where there are 2 safes with armours in them.

If the game crashes when you get to the roof i can't do anything for you, but if it doesn't (as it did for me), then just follow the linear path (stairways going down). Then, there's a door which téléports you in the interior court with no loading time so it shouldn't crash i guess.

When in the interior court, head South and simply go out of the keep crossing the drawbridge.

You're out now, go to the worldmap and get out of this damn hellish bugged keep crap. :)

Hope that helps, let me know.

Glad you could get out.  Doesn't work for me.  I'm debating fiddling with savegames, but I'd rather not.  I'll probably wait a day or two and see how fast the first patch takes.  If I was running the team, probably the first weekend (when you finally get real feedback, betas are cool but there's probably been more hours put in the game in the first 24 after General Availability than was put in in the entire beta period) I'd have the team on hand.  Dunno though, we will see.

Here's the thing. Game developers aren't on call 24/7. They have fixed hours and they often go above and beyond for no extra pay. But that doesn't mean they're expected to work on a Saturday or a Sunday for nothing.

You wouldn't like it very much if you were pulled away from your family and life to work on a weekend, would you?

It's not reasonable to expect these issues (Raedric, double clicking, modal abilities) to get rectified on a Sunday when they were first discovered late last week. They said it'd be out early this week so I'm sure they'd appreciate it if we were a little patient for a day or two. Of course we all want to play, but developers are people too.

I'm also stuck. I can transition if it's "inside" meaning i can go to the dungeon, keep, kitchen and so on, but if i try to go outside like the courtyard or ramparts it freezes. Guess i'll have to wait until they patch the game. Biggest problem is finding something else to do, now that i'm hyped about this game  :unsure:

Try to go South-East, find the guy who can tell you more about the Watchers (the principal quest).

I was able to get out of the keep by installing a mod that allowed me to activate Autosave BEFORE the game transitioned.   This then allowed me to exit to the courtyard and continue.  I also reloaded and tried to exit again by the moat, this also worked.   

Not sure if this a legit  but heres the info for the mod - http://rien-ici.com/iemod/

So i just tested this. I was already using this mod but i didn't enable save before transition, now that i did, IT WORKED. I can finally go outside. I suggest everyone use this until they patch the game!

Thanks Liil

• Like 2

Similar problems: I am in the castle and I can use certain transitions (like from the temple to the siege rampart). I cannot use the transition that takes me from the scriptorium to Rodrick ... I can no longer use the transition that brings me down to the kitchen.

Similar problems: I am in the castle and I can use certain transitions (like from the temple to the siege rampart). I cannot use the transition that takes me from the scriptorium to Rodrick ... I can no longer use the transition that brings me down to the kitchen.

I had the exact same problem, i suggest you go up to the rampart and go out of the castle while you still can.

I got out and continued the main quest, nevermind Raedric till the patch...

Guest Matt Sheets

Hello,

Sorry about the delay in responding.

Please attach output logs, save games, and dxdiags.

We are aware of a crash at Raedric's Hold for 32bit machines but it looks like others are getting the crash and we're having problems reproducing them.  Attaching your save games, output logs (which I see a few people have already attached those) and dxdiags will help the developers get to the bottom of this.

Savegames

Try to include a save file from right before as well as during the issue you are reporting

Windows Location: %USERPROFILE%\Saved Games\Pillars of Eternity\Saves

Mac Location: \Library\Application Support\Pillars of Eternity\Saved Games

Linux Location: \Home\.local\share\PillarsOfEternity\SavedGames

Output Log

When the issue occurs, close the game client, find this file, then attach it to your post

Windows Steam Location: \Steam\steamapps\common\Pillars of Eternity\PillarsOfEternity_Data\output_log.txt

Mac Location: \Library\Logs\Unity\Player.log

Linux Location: \Home\.config\unity3d\Obsidian Entertainment\Pillars of Eternity\Player.log

System Specs

This will give us most of your computer specs to help us diagnose the problem

Windows Location: Press (windowkey + R), Type "dxdiag" and press Enter, Click "Save All Information", Attach the file that you create

Mac Location: Click the Apple button in the corner of the screen, Click "About This Mac", Click "More Info", Copy and paste the Model and Year, Processor, Memory, Graphics, and Software information

Linux Location: Search for "system", Click "System Settings", Click "Details", Copy and paste all information

Thanks!

• Like 4

Hi there ! I've this bug too :getlost:

I'm on a x64 windows, and I have the same last message in the output log.

Unfortunately my save game size is way beyond the attach files limit so I've upload the whole (save, log & dxdiag) as an archive on Google drive : https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7cZBmWKJQt9WHpsM2tkLTRLRDg/view?usp=sharing

To reproduce: simply load the save, and try to enter the hold with the door right in front of the group, it should crash upon loading everytime.

Edited by Errata

So i just tested this. I was already using this mod but i didn't enable save before transition, now that i did, IT WORKED. I can finally go outside. I suggest everyone use this until they patch the game!

Thanks Liil

The "autosave prior to transition" fix worked for me for both saved games I had which were having this problem.

• Like 2

Same happens to me. Please provide upload option for hosting savegames

What kind of system specs you want from linux machine?

$ uname -a

Linux 3.13.0-48-generic #80-Ubuntu SMP Thu Mar 12 11:16:15 UTC 2015 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

$ lshw | pastebin

http://pastebin.com/s1aW1Xva

Player.log: http://pastebin.com/tghTMKJv
Savegame: http://www.megafileupload.com/6wz/5cc7cccb-5ddf-4351-a4c3-dd91b039922e_quicksave.savegame

Matt Sheets. Thank you for your response.

Cannot transition out of Raedric's Hold. This happens on both my desktop PC (high end machine) and my High end Gaming laptop, which are both 64bit. Steam version. 

Here are my files:

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B0C5lYYGPs56fk8wZGNOSDZmc3NLRWVLY2dHblZoa243eHZSaEo1NXQ2ZmVRb0hrTENMMUE&usp=sharing

Thanks guys.

Just made an account so that I could share my experience.  I believe I have isolated the problem to the acquisition and/or equipping of the Priest Robes (Disguises).

I successfully opened the two chests that they were contained in, looting the remaining weapon without taking the robes, and have been able to leave the Hold without the crash.

I hope this works for the rest of you!  I had to backtrack for about 2 hours.

P.S.  I sincerely doubt that it makes a difference, but I did not sneak into the Hold like many others are claiming.  I walked through the front door utilizing a mixture of diplomacy and cold steel.

Edited by Endling