RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS

I still don't really know what to think about this game. How will it work? Does it have singleplayer? How much fake is the walking on planets and space stations? Will it be an MMO like Eve?

From what I've gathered, you will actually live in space with Chris Roberts.  Although it has permadeath.

Kind of like the Ultima MMO with Lord British and events and things regularlybeing created around him?

Edited by Serrano

I realize that few people on this board would care about this now, but an interesting sandbox/PvP MMO called Crowfall is in the final 24 hour of their Kickstarter campaign. I just found about it yesterday. They've made their goal of 850k, currently at 1.4M.

• Like 1

The Seven Blunders/Roots of Violence: Wealth without work. Pleasure without conscience. Knowledge without character. Commerce without morality. Science without humanity. Worship without sacrifice. Politics without principle. (Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi)

Let's Play the Pools Saga (SSI Gold Box Classics)

Pillows of Enamored Warfare -- The Zen of Nodding

Well you can start with that or any other of the packages listed on the store page. The first two items listed are 'complete' in that you get access to alpha and beta testing, which at the moment exists in the form of "Arena Commander", which is the game's dogfighting module - i.e. it's a combat demo, no persistent world or economy stuff is implemented yet. You can also buy alpha (and later, beta) access separately if you don't want either of those starter ships. (It's not exactly made clear on those product pages but the Mustang option is for those who prefer a pure fighter, the Aurora is the merchant-oriented option)

And yeah, you can buy additional ships - and acquire a whole stable of them - either for real money now, or by 'earning' them in game later.

Edited by Humanoid

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

I kind of want Star Citizen to fail just to spite these cultist-like fans of the game (also the ensuing outrage would be amusing). But space MMOGs are always appealing.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Well I backed on Kickstarter back when there was, oh, less than a dozen different ships planned, and I've had no real reason to keep track of the dozens they've added since. The ships page shows the intended role of each ship which might be helpful, because what each person wants in their space sims is pretty divergent - explorer, fighter jock, peaceful merchant, pirate - all would prefer vastly different starting options. Hell, some of the ships are fleet carriers for massively multiplayer style raiding.

Personally, as a long-time Privateer fan I'll play and earn my new ships ingame. I will start with a Freelancer because of the two options available for the amount I felt like pledging, it's the one that's more likely to provide that Privateer-esque experience.

Edited by Humanoid
  • Like 2

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

I wouldn't recommend anything but the Aurora package. Even if you have the money to spare. It should be enough for anyone to start with and then slowly get better stuff.  Instead you should save for a proper joystick so you'll be able to enjoy the flying properly. :)

1.13 killed off Ja2.

Well, to bad they did not introduced it in WotLK, maybe I would still be playing that game :/

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

I'll tell you in 4 hours, once it unlocks

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

There is this new game on steam called Pillars of Eternity. Should I get it ?

It's by some fly-by-night company called "Obsidian Entertainment".  Never heard of them.  I wouldn't trust them.  Label it a "stay away" for now.  :shifty:

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

There is this new game on steam called Pillars of Eternity. Should I get it ?

Wait for Steam sale.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

This game looks amazing ...I can't wait  :dancing:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Cities Skylines patch notes

“Slope too steep” when dragging pipes and Metro Tunnels error fixed

All slopes have been removed

PSA: YOU CAN NOW CHANGE THE DIRECTION OF ONE WAY ROADS

50 tile maps are now available. Please note that the system requirements have changed for these special maps. We're awesome.

Filed lawsuit against EA for the way busses turned out. Sorry.

Based on ignoring player feedback, Hearses were too effective and have been made 45% less fun.

Disasters are now available! Download Origin for the full effect

Modding support has been removed. Modders have been making it impossible for us to make any DLC revenue, please stop

Because everyone hated the SimCity Fudged Population so much, we decided to go ahead and implement it anyway as part of the core game

5% of Cities: Skylines Deluxe Sales will be generously donated to EA so that their Executives can undergo reality training

Based on feedback that buildings look the same, modding support has been re-enabled.

Linux users can now rub two sticks together for better performance

Chirpy is on a temporary leave of absence after an unfortunate suicide attempt due to the excessive amount of hate he has received on Reddit

When Chirpy returns, he will have 75% less feathers.

Tri Monitor support is now better supported. To enable this feature you will need three computers and three copies of the game

A new Cim named “Crankify” will now randomly visit your city and offer suggestions on how you can be a better City Planner. (We recommend you implement every suggestion and agree with him or…else)

DickButt auto-detection has been added. Now, anything in game you create that looks like a DickButt will be submitted to /r/CitiesSkylines with 400 upvotes

Borderlands 2 integration now available. When you reach a milestone expect a fun cutscene!

Four lane one way roads are now available - $9.99 each direction

Due to player feedback, because we're listening! Hydroelectric Dams have been renamed HydroNoElectric concrete water stoppers

After much internal discussion, we will not be providing circular road tools, our revenue is better spent on Chocolate Fountains

Themes are now 42% more blurry and 17% less realistic

This patch release will revert to a beta release on Steam in one hour.

• Like 4

• Like 1

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours