RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

This is the reason I might end up getting a XBox One.  I've got a pretty extensive library of XBox 360 games, so depending on which are going to be backward compatible, I might just have to splurge this fall.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

This is not the real project I wanted to work on next, just a small and fast proof of concept mod...

newvegas_rifleholster_thumb.jpg

The mod does what the screenshot shows. There are two *.esp files in the release, one that comes with a script- only shows the holster when a supported weapon is equipped, the other adds a "free" item to Goodsprings, which you can equip whenever you want to.

It bothered me A LOT that in all the years nobody made god damn rifle holster. I hated the floating rifles since Fallout 3 and especially since I've played Red Dead Redemption, which - I think for the very first time ever? - added holster for rifles....

But here comes the sad part of it: I spend 4 hours working on this test. The model isn't perfect, the texture certainly is not either. The whole concept might not work at all... but in 7 hours I got over 1000 views and over 100 downloads. Then I look at my Betsy mod, which cost me 2 months of work and it only has barely more.

Just released a new version. Tweaked the model and texture, also added a bonus holster with some feather stuff from the unique brush gun. Removed the scripts and simply made them craftable via workbench... Guess that's more what people want, and who am I to deny that. Especially considering this would never work with any of the custom weapon mod releases.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

-video-

While I am looking forward to this it's kind of funny watching it, they were so adamant that Corvo's story was over and that if they were to make a sequel it would be with different characters in a different country.

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

fps without health regeneration in the last 10 years can be counted in the fingers of one hand, so the choice not to include that crap in it is cause for celebration.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Clear Sky

Bit of a nitpick but StalkerCS actually does have health regen, I'm playing it at the moment and it's definitely there. It's certainly not as fast as in most fps though, would take about 5 minutes to go from ouchiepuffed to full health. It's a bit silly, but nowhere near as silly/ annoying as those asterisking grenades and every random enemy being a professional trick thrower.