RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS

OMG I just imagined a female transformer as a food truck or a big Oven ;P

Sarkeesian'd slate it for having women as refrigerators. :p

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

• Like 5

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

This is not the real project I wanted to work on next, just a small and fast proof of concept mod...

newvegas_rifleholster_thumb.jpg

The mod does what the screenshot shows. There are two *.esp files in the release, one that comes with a script- only shows the holster when a supported weapon is equipped, the other adds a "free" item to Goodsprings, which you can equip whenever you want to.

It bothered me A LOT that in all the years nobody made god damn rifle holster. I hated the floating rifles since Fallout 3 and especially since I've played Red Dead Redemption, which - I think for the very first time ever? - added holster for rifles....

But here comes the sad part of it: I spend 4 hours working on this test. The model isn't perfect, the texture certainly is not either. The whole concept might not work at all... but in 7 hours I got over 1000 views and over 100 downloads. Then I look at my Betsy mod, which cost me 2 months of work and it only has barely more.

• Like 3

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

New Doom Trailer.

https://youtu.be/NteAPGprDJk

NSFW :p

Edited by Mamoulian War
  • Like 1

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

And the second coming of

FFVII

http://www.siliconera.com/2015/06/15/final-fantasy-vii-remake-is-coming-to-playstation-4/

Edited by Mamoulian War

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

I think besides Dark Souls 3 and a new Obsidian RPG this is the game I'm most looking forward to. I really liked about the first one that the game allows a lot of different play styles.

• Like 1

Doom gameplay has way too many interruptions for scripted executions and the chainsaw is only scripted executions. Breaks the flow. Disappointing. 

Yeah, I'm not a fan of the scripted executions either.  Outside of that, though, it thought looked badass.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Sooooooooo...  Battlecry

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=51&v=KQnrOlhU27Y

Are we all in agreement that this looks terrible?  When I watched the presentation my mind kept going "What's that stuttering? Is that framerate hitching?"  It couldn't have been framerate hitching, right?  Why would you show a trailer at E3 with visible framerate drops?  That had to have been a stylistic choice.  Who the heck thought that purposely making a game look like it's running at about 6 FPS was a good idea and how do they still have a job?

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Fallout, Dishonered, Doom.. How much have Bethesda/Zenimax gobbled up by now? At this rate corporate satan 2.0 can't be far off.

2.0?  We already have Activision, EA, and Ubisoft.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Doom gameplay has way too many interruptions for scripted executions and the chainsaw is only scripted executions. Breaks the flow. Disappointing. 

did you not see it?

it does not have health regeneration!

somebody cured the cancer of modern fps!

• Like 1

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

did you not see it?

it does not have health regeneration!

somebody cured the cancer of modern fps!

Refreshing but I would rather the whole experience be sound regardless of the health system.

It looks alright. Just not perfect and it could have been.

The fact that you're celebrating the lack of regenerating health instead of just assuming that's how it would be in a game called "Doom" is alarming in and of itself.  I guess this is how far the genre has fallen.  As for the radial UI, I'm fine with it being there so long as I can still have a hotkey for every weapon and simply press 1-0 to switch between them.  So long as I am not forced to use the consolized UI and can still take advantage of the fact that I have an input device with more than 12 buttons, I have no problem with it being there for the dirty peasants and the crude tools they are forced to use.

I will say the graphics looked freakin' great.  I wish Bethesda had used idTech 6 instead of the Creation Engine for Fallout 4, as visually the two games looked to be an entire generation apart.  Granted, it's easier to turn up the pretty when you're dealing with mostly enclosed areas instead of a big open world.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 2

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

The fact that you're celebrating the lack of regenerating health instead of just assuming that's how it would be in a game called "Doom" is alarming in and of itself.  I guess this is how far the genre has fallen.  As for the radial UI, I'm fine with it being there so long as I can still have a hotkey for every weapon and simply press 1-0 to switch between them.  So long as I am not forced to use the consolized UI and can still take advantage of the fact that I have an input device with more than 12 buttons, I have no problem with it being there for the dirty peasants and the crude tools they are forced to use.

the footage is clearly from console and, if you missed it, he may be moving in a corridor-like way but there seem to be explorable areas that he skips

also, fps without health regeneration in the last 10 years can be counted in the fingers of one hand, so the choice not to include that crap in it is cause for celebration. let's not forget we are talking about Bethesda "the masters of bad design" here, so not having regenerating health is the last thing i would expect from them

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

fps without health regeneration in the last 10 years can be counted in the fingers of one hand, so the choice not to include that crap in it is cause for celebration.

Serious Sam 2

Serious Sam 3

Quake 4

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadows of Chernobyl

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Clear Sky

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripyat

Metro 2033

Metro Last Light

Call of Juarez

Half-Life 2: Episode 1

Half-Life 2: Episode 2

Bioshock

Bioshock 2

Bioshock Infinite

Fallout 3

Fallout New Vegas

Halo

Borderlands

Borderlands 2

Borderlands The Presequel

I'm sure there are more

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Wait a minute; Was'nt it Halo that practically started that trend?

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Wait a minute; Was'nt it Halo that practically started that trend?

Common misconception.  The first Halo did not, in fact, have regenerating health; it had regenerating shields, but not health. 

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

The Division is in beta this December, only on Xbox though.