The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt [2015]

Pidesco

i need to see if i can change the FOV because the default makes me feel sick

by the way, they really pulled off a miracle of optimization when it comes to memory management in this game according to some tests i ve seen. with everything maxed, it needs less than 2GB VRAM

Edited by teknoman2

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

Time doesn't seem to affect quests, so even though everyone tells me "we have to hurry!" I can rest for an hour after every skirmish...

That's a shame. Sounds like a predictable, (and unwelcome) side effect of the open world gameplay.

Time doesn't seem to affect quests, so even though everyone tells me "we have to hurry!" I can rest for an hour after every skirmish...

That's a shame. Sounds like a predictable, (and unwelcome) side effect of the open world gameplay.

open world or not, i can count on the fingers of one hand the time sensitive quests of all RPGs i played combined

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

open world or not, i can count on the fingers of one hand the time sensitive quests of all RPGs i played combined

Unfortunately so can I; but they are some of the best.

(Fallout among them.)

Edited by Gizmo
  • Like 1

1.04 Patch is out

- Rebinding of all keys is now available after switching on the ‘Unlock Bindings’ option in the Options\Key Bindings submenu.

- Corrects an issue in the dialogue system that might have caused dialogue looping in certain scenes.

- Fixes an issue with incorrect behavior of Wild Hunt warriors after they were affected by the Axii Sign.

- Corrects a bug that caused spontaneous combustion of gas clouds.

- 1280 x 720 resolution is now properly displayed as a valid resolution option.

- Fixes boat stuttering in cutscenes.

- Texture rendering quality for the high and ultra presets has been improved.

- Further improvements made in NVIDIA Hairworks performance.

- A few additional gwent cards are now available in the Prologue area.

- Fixes an issue where users with usernames incorporating non-

- Latin characters were unable to import saves from The Witcher 2.

- Includes a series of overall stability and performance improvements.

- Fixes issues related to alt + tabbing and minimizing the game window.

- Updates the game icon.

- Enlarges the loot pop-up window in the UI.

- Fixes an issue where, in certain circumstances, the comparison window could extend beyond the game borders in the UI.

- Upgrading items included in gear sets no longer destroys rune sockets on said items.

- Introduces small tweaks in the UI for gwent.

- Corrects some missing translations in localized version

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Still no storage in game? For the life of me I can't figure out why they are not implementing this, it directly flies in the face of strategic gameplay and enjoyment of the game.

Some have suggested leaving inventory on the floor, stating that it will not disappear, I can however state that this is not true. I needed to reload a save from hours earlier after trying this tactic, incredibly frustrating.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Same issue here. It is possible to clutter up your inventory with gear you can't use until x levels further... And that shait does have some weight...

• Like 1

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Some sort of in-game bank would have helped that.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

And how exactly is one supposed to know what is useful later in the game? It really is one of the most glaring flaws, and one they had to address in the second game, so why did they not learn from past mistakes and provide storage from the outset?

Personally as i've stated before I would have made Roach's saddlebags the storage, on hand and summonable at all times, this would have been a perfectly accessible compromise. As it is Roach's saddlebags adding to Geralt's inventory is both illogical and counterintuitive. Or Yen might simply have given one a magic box in Vizima, that one could use to access a storage chest in her rooms. Or any of a hundred other perfectly reasonable suggestions.

Edit: The obvious joke about groping Yen's chest springs to mind, a very Witcher-ish jape, the game must have infected me.

Edited by Nonek

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Fighting drowners in the swamp is fun with swamp gas and Dancing Star bombs.

Hah, almost like group style in W1 - http://gfycat.com/CrispOffbeatElk

Edited by Malcador
  • Like 1

Fighting drowners in the swamp is fun with swamp gas and Dancing Star bombs.

Hah, almost like group style in W1 - http://gfycat.com/CrispOffbeatElk

Every skill tree's 3rd tier seems to be filled with some amazing stuff like the Whirl skill in that gif.

Since I'm going for alchemy, I look forward to having 8 Enhanced Dancing Star bombs in my pocket.

Letho, I really didn't expect the Viper to be cast aside, an unwise move in my opinion.

Edit: Despite all of my criticisms I still think this is so far my game of the year, and possibbly the last few years as well. Strange how I can overlook so many flaws, I don't think i'm overhyped but simply really enjoying myself, and i'd revise my score to maybe a 9 out of 10. However the ending(s) may change that, and the latter portions of the game.

Edited by Nonek

Tea for the teapot!

It's a step up in the grimdark stakes, even from the previous two iterations.

Tea for the teapot!

I just thought, maybe the bank to drop your items will be one of the 16 free dlcs (there wasn't a complete list of them, no?)... would make a little sense, even though it's stupid as hell.

Edited by Lexx
  • Like 1

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Instead of more storage, I'd have preferred flat out having less available stuff to loot. I guess it comes with the territory of open-world RPGs, but I don't find gameplay systems like that enjoyable at all.

I guess I just don't see the point for mundane materials for example being something the player should ever be concerned with. Crafting a sword for example, it's just needless complexity for Geralt to have to go out and supply the iron, the leather, plain old wood: all stuff that'd be trivial for a smith to acquire. Instead why not just have one rare part you need to give the smith, and abstract the rest of it by saying that the smith's fee includes the cost of him providing the mundane stuff. Herbs are trivially common and you trip across them moving one minute in any direction, why bother counting quantities at this point? Rusty swords, wolf livers, etc, I don't think any of that stuff adds any gameplay value.

Still very much enjoying the game, just wish there wasn't all the side stuff that seemingly is only there because it's some perceived requirement for a game to be described as "open-world".

• Like 4

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

they should simply remove the weight limit and be done with it

-Teknoman2-

Instead of more storage, I'd have preferred flat out having less available stuff to loot. I guess it comes with the territory of open-world RPGs, but I don't find gameplay systems like that enjoyable at all.

I guess I just don't see the point for mundane materials for example being something the player should ever be concerned with. Crafting a sword for example, it's just needless complexity for Geralt to have to go out and supply the iron, the leather, plain old wood: all stuff that'd be trivial for a smith to acquire. Instead why not just have one rare part you need to give the smith, and abstract the rest of it by saying that the smith's fee includes the cost of him providing the mundane stuff. Herbs are trivially common and you trip across them moving one minute in any direction, why bother counting quantities at this point? Rusty swords, wolf livers, etc, I don't think any of that stuff adds any gameplay value.

Still very much enjoying the game, just wish there wasn't all the side stuff that seemingly is only there because it's some perceived requirement for a game to be described as "open-world".

Agreed, and it was basically the system they had in the first game, simple and elegant. Bring a smith a number of rare ores and he will forge the sword you desire, without all of the pointless junk cluttering up ones inventory.

Edited by Nonek

Tea for the teapot!