The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt [2015]

Pidesco

There are some minor ones like the dudes with potion in TW2.

Finished the game, got a good ending

Empress Cirilla

The Eredin battle was not as challenging as some of the contracts but at least it wasn't annoying as hell as the stupid dragon fight in TW2, heh.

All in all, was a fun romp, I'm pretty much tired of the game in a good way so no replay for a while.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

it may be a bug, but i was trying to play some gwent and i could not use my leader skill in any game (the opponent did)... still i won all games i played 8)

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

I'd say that's a bad ending, not a good one. :)

From Ciri's three endings that is my opinion probably best for Ciri and world in long run, one is maybe better for Geralt on personal level and one is just sad although I have seen some interpretations for it that make it bit better, but I don't agree with those interpretations personally.

Felt contrived anyway. You have 'won' the game and then it presents you with a false dilemma just so it can show off that it has been paying enough attention to your choices to shoehorn you into one of three categories.

Deus Ex HR - ending  stuff going on here IMHO. 

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Ideally she would be like Geralt, but it is better than the third. The really unhappy ending is fairly grim.

Did feel plenty rushed though, wonder how Ciri stopped the big danger.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Ideally she would be like Geralt, but it is better than the third. The really unhappy ending is fairly grim.

Did feel plenty rushed though, wonder how Ciri stopped the big danger.

Since her main power is teleportation and a Conjunction was happening I think she just removed 'it' from the universe.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Stayed with Yen despite removing the last wish, it just felt right. I know that she is hotheaded, arrogant and has little empathy but her desperation to find Ciri is understandable, this is the only daughter she'll ever have, and I couldn't abandon her after so many years. Very well made scene, nicely understated.

Edit: Got to admit that i'm a sucker for strong women as well, a woman to walk the mountains with as the poet says.

Edited by Nonek

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Apologies for the double post, however I thought this was quite interesting, apparently the Witcher 3 sold four million copies in its first two weeks:

http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/47606-Open-Letter-from-Marcin-Iwi%C5%84ski-co-founder-of-CD-PROJEKT-RED

Edited by Nonek

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Apologies for the double post, however I thought this was quite interesting, apparently the Witcher 3 sold four million copies in its first two weeks:

http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/47606-Open-Letter-from-Marcin-Iwiński-co-founder-of-CD-PROJEKT-RED

Really, really nice, as the lifetime sales of Witcher 1 and 2 combined are little over 6 million as far as I remember

Hmm, that could be a valuable skill

It's how my compa....err I mean. That's exactly the kind of thing a shady person would do.

• Like 4

Stayed with Yen despite removing the last wish, it just felt right. I know that she is hotheaded, arrogant and has little empathy but her desperation to find Ciri is understandable, this is the only daughter she'll ever have, and I couldn't abandon her after so many years. Very well made scene, nicely understated.

Edit: Got to admit that i'm a sucker for strong women as well, a woman to walk the mountains with as the poet says.

I stuck with Yen my first time through for story-sake (just wanted to see the Yen/Geralt romance play out), but it went against every instinct I had.  Every single time dialogue came up where Geralt had the opportunity to tell her off or to break it off with her, I had to will myself not to pick that option just so I could finish what I started.

On my next play through, Yen's ass is getting the boot the first time Geralt has the opportunity to do so.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

The 'romance' doesn't matter at all anyway. Yen plays exactly the same role in the game regardless, even kisses Geralt when Ciri is back no matter what happened with Triss.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

The 'romance' doesn't matter at all anyway. Yen plays exactly the same role in the game regardless, even kisses Geralt when Ciri is back no matter what happened with Triss.

But at near end there is at least couple different quest or no quest at all depending on your choices ;)

• Like 1

Hmmm, i'd have thought that there would be at least a difference in the ending slides, one of the reasons I pursued the Yennefer content. Trifle disappointed.

Criticism: One, the journal needs re-arranging to something similar to the first game, as it is it's a mess. Two, the books need a notice like in the first game for when one has read them.

Tea for the teapot!

Hmmm, i'd have thought that there would be at least a difference in the ending slides, one of the reasons I pursued the Yennefer content. Trifle disappointed.

Criticism: One, the journal needs re-arranging to something similar to the first game, as it is it's a mess. Two, the books need a notice like in the first game for when one has read them.

There are three different endings I think depending on Geralt's romantic pursuits.

Forever alone (if you don't romance Yen or Triss, or if you romance both of them), quiet life with Yen, become some king's councilors with Triss

There are three different endings I think depending on Geralt's romantic pursuits.

Forever alone (if you don't romance Yen or Triss, or if you romance both of them), quiet life with Yen, become some king's councilors with Triss

Ha, I imagine one of those has caused an enormous amount of aggravation to those whom want to have their cake and eat it.

Tea for the teapot!